Something That Makes Me Whole

Huit

When I entered my place I dumped my things, kicked off my shoes and wandered back over to the phone. The answer phone light was flashing letting me know someone had left a message on it. Normally the messages were from girls Brian had slept with who hoped for some sort of relationship with him or my father asking if I had been going to church.

I pressed the button and the horrible automated voice kicked in. "You have one new message, received at 12.03pm." I sighed; that was only five or so minutes after I had left to go out earlier; that always happened to me. The machine beeped and spat out the message. "Hey doll face! Long time, no speak! Erm, I was just calling to let you know I'm gonna stop round about three. Much to discuss, much to chat about, haha! I would have rung your cell but I got a new one and Donny lost all the numbers so. He say's hi by the way. Anyway I must be going. See you later you absolutely fabulous stick you! Ciao babes, love Felix. Mwah mwah."

The message ended and I laughed. Felix was my agent and more importantly my friend. Sarah and I became friends with him in the last year of middle school when he came out of the closet; he would hide in the library and we hid in there when we skived lessons, and we got talking. My dad didn't like him and didn't approve of our friendship because homosexuality is 'evil'. I loved him to pieces.

I headed over to the kitchen with a smile on my face as my stomach let out a growl. I yanked open the refrigerator door and dug about; however my search for food was short lived when the front door burst open. Sarah and Felix bounced over to me, then Felix proceeded to engulf me in a hug. Sarah made an excuse to go (the excuse has black hair, green eyes and a guitar) leaving me and Felix to catch up and talk about my modelling.

We were currently in a heated debate over South Park when the door opened and I saw Felix's eyes widen with excitement and a grin crossed his face. I was just about to turn and find out who was there but he spoke. "So, just you and me tonight." Brian commented; he obviously hadn't noticed my guest.

"Is that him?" Felix whispered to me and I nodded; it sounded like the old Brian was back now Amber was gone away at his parents for the weekend. "He's absolutely gorgeous and that chest, oh my how did you resist?"

"When his daughter isn't around he is a complete and utter perverted asshole, that's how." I replied loudly so he could hear too. "I'll be glad to be out of here, the way he is."

Felix watched Brian who wandered over to the fridge and pulled out a beer then sat himself down on the sofa between us. He grinned at me and I scowled back at him. Felix looked to be in absolute heaven staring down at the perfect chest I myself liked staring at. "You know, I might not be interested in your bed but my lovely friend is certainly into the idea of being in bed with you." I then said, smirking as I stood and headed for my room.

I heard Felix talk, but not Brian. Not until I got to my bedroom door anyway. "Orchid, can we talk a minute?"

I turned and saw him standing in the kitchen glancing a little nervously at the guy on the sofa every now and then. Which was pretty funny since I could see him eyeing up Brian with an approving look. "Shoot." I said, folding my arms across my chest and Felix gave in and watched Brian for the question.

"That article, is it true?" He asked. "About you going back into modelling?"

"Yeah."

"Does that mean you'll be moving out?"

"Yeah."

"When?"

"As soon as my contract is agreed and signed which should be within the next week, hopefully."

"Are you staying here, in Huntington?"

"I'm going to New York for five months."

"Oh."

Felix POV

I watched intently as Orchid waited for Brian to ask his question. The more he asked, the more his face fell when she replied; it had done that when she called him an asshole too and practically brushed him off with her comment about getting into his bed. Then came the famous 'oh' that always meant more than just curiosity in situations such as these. Orchid just couldn't see what was staring her straight in the face.

She turned her back and closed the door to her bedroom as I turned to look at her flatmate. He was stood solemnly gazing at a photograph on the fridge door. From where I was on the couch it was Orchid and a little girl I assumed to be Amber. "So, what was the 'oh' for?" I asked him and he looked across at me.

"Curiosity."

"No it wasn't. You looked so disappointed when she said she was moving out and going away for five months."

Brian shrugged. "My little girl will miss her."

"So will you." I then said, resting my chin in my palms. "I'm not stupid Brian. My parents are psychologists, so I've picked a few things up over the years."

"Good for you." He mumbled before disappearing into his own room.

Leaving me, alone with the TV and the couch.