Status: Active, with slow updates.

Promises, Promises, Promises.

Final Goodbyes

“Ella, don’t even worry about it, I’ll be in Chicago, you’ll be in LA, you can just visit me anytime.” My brother, Matt says, with his carry-luggage on hand, ready to hug me goodbye. He was leaving tonight, Friday night. He was staying with one of dad’s business partners, who takes care of his hotel in Chicago.

“Do you think dad’s going to be okay?” I whisper, while my dad instructs the bellboys to take the luggage down into the limo.

“He’ll be fine, just make sure you call every once in a while so he doesn’t get too stressed out okay?” He says, giving me my final hug.

“Okay.” I say, hugging him back. “Have fun, and… Don’t hold some crazy party while you’re there, you are staying with dad’s business partner.” I remind him.

“Don’t worry about me,” He says, while I’m still in his arms, “And if any of those Jonas boys hassle you, give me a ring.” He says again with a wink.

I punch him playfully in the arm, “See ya.” I say, while mom comes back to the living room, followed by dad to say their final goodbyes.

“Son, remember, bodyguards whenever you go out.” Dad says somewhat jokingly, while giving Matt a man, father-to-son hug. “Don’t forget to call your sister, too.” Dad says with a slight whisper.

“Okay, dad.” Matt says with a roll of his eyes, pressing the ‘down’ button on the elevator and stepping in. “See you guys later.”

I waved, then turned around to go back into my room, “Ella, do you have all your things ready for tomorrow?” Dad asks.

“Yeah, dad.” I say climbing up the stairs into my room.

Nate had asked me to join him for brunch at Starbucks, dad had his plane booked for this afternoon. I was feeling nervous about the whole afternoon. I had so much things running through my head. Would I be able to recognize Mrs. Jonas picking me up at the airport? Will the Jonas boys be nice? Will I still be able to keep in touch with everyone during the summer?

“Ella, what’s wrong?” Nate said softly, touching my hand.

“Nothing,” I lie, looking out the window, then back to my hot chocolate.

He pursed his lips, “I’m going out to England on Monday, I’m spending time with mom and dad this summer.” He says. Nate never gets to spend any time with his parents, they’re always traveling, doing their jobs. His parents were businesspeople, too, but they hardly get to see him, and he hardly gets to see them.

“That’s nice,” I say, happy for him, “I’m not going to see dad all summer. Mom’s going to Australia to some big fashion show they have over there, so I don’t think I’ll get to see her all summer, too.”

“You could always visit me if you want, we always have a guest room for you.” He says.

I smiled at the thought of having the view of the beach at Nate’s house in the guest bedroom, Nate’s originally from England, so he has a beautiful house with the most spectacular view over there. “That sounds really nice, I’ll be in LA though, dad says I can’t leave before the ‘thumbs up’.”

“How is your dad, anyway?” He asks.

“Just trying to live life. He has like, 30 people trying to catch the guy, but he’s leaving no traces of himself. The undercover police know he’s based in New York but they’re not sure whether or not he’ll go out of town. My dad thinks he’s going to be more of a threat during the summer, because he’s in New York for most of the time doing his job, so he’s sending us away.” I say, picking at my muffin.

Nate brushed my cheek, “Don’t worry, it’ll be okay.” He whispered.

“I hope so.” I whispered back with a stressed smile.

Nate and Jess insisted to come to the airport. Dad had sent dozens of security guards along, as well as informing the Airport staff. Dad’s jet and pilot were waiting patiently, as well as the attendants for my flight.

“Ella, I’m gonna miss you, and even though I’ll be in Cali, I’ll make sure I call you every single day, text every single time I can, and I’ll send photos, heaps and heaps of photos,” She says, hugging me tight, “Okay? And you better do the same,” She tells me, “Especially when you’re staying with those Jonas boys.” She says again in a whisper, so Nate wouldn’t hear.

“Don’t worry, I will.” I say, wanting to keep my word.

“Promise,” She says, holding me back at arms-length, with her hands on my shoulders.

I roll my eyes mentally, “Promise.”

“My turn.” Nate says, shoving her over playfully and kissing my cheek, then giving me a hug. “Don’t forget to call when you land.” He whispers in my ear.

“Don’t worry, I’ll call. Don’t forget to send photos. And say hi to your parents for me when you get to England, okay?” I say, hugging him back and kissing his cheek.

He wrapped his arms tighter around me, “I will.”

I waved from the plane, with dad by my side, he needed to explain to the Jonas’ what exactly was happening, he had done the same thing with Matt and who he was staying with over the phone, but this time, dad thought it would be a good time to catch up with the Jonas family, and of course, a business meeting afterwards with some of the major partners.

I took my seat on the plane, and heard the captain’s voice over the speakers. My dad gave the flight attendants the thumbs up, and off we went.

I turned my iPod on while dad opened his briefcase and started reading his business notes, while writing some things beside the paragraphs. This was going to be a long flight. A long, silent flight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks so much for putting up with me. I'll update again as soon as I can. I'm writing as fast as I possibly can without screwing everything up, so sorry if you might think it's a long time.
Again, comment, add me and review. I don't bite.
Hugs and kisses.
Cecil