Sequel: Pull My Strings

Chasing Dragonflies

She Hides All Alone Inside

I woke with a start and glanced at the clock on my bedside table, 3:47 am. Rubbing my hands over my tired eyes I realised I wasn't alone. Sleeping soundly on top of my comforter was Jepha, still fully dressed, baseball cap included. Between the darkness of the room and my black bedding all that was visible was his peaceful face. He stirred in his sleep and his eyes fluttered open.

"Hi," I said quietly, "Why are you sleeping on top of the covers instead of under them?"

Jeph shrugged and rubbed his face, forgetting about his new bruise he winced, "I didn't want to just invite myself into your bed."

"Don't be silly. Get your butt in here," I lifted the comforter for him to slide under.

We lay there in silence, his arm draped over my stomach, my head on his chest.

"We can fix all this stuff with Quinn, can't we?" I asked.

Jeph shifted under me and turned to lie on his side, facing me, "He just needs time to stop freaking out and get used to us."

I nodded and looked at him hopefully, "Think he'll be better about it in the morning?"

"I don't think so but you never know," Jeph smiled reassuringly.

I watched him curl and uncurl some of my hair around his tattooed finger, "This doesn't change anything with us, for me anyway," I informed him.

"Me either."

"Good," I leaned towards him and pecked him on the lips.

As I pulled away he grinned.

"What?" I asked.

Jeph shrugged, "Nothing. It's just this is weird but in the best way possible."

"Did you just call us weird?" I raised an eyebrow at him, trying not to smile.

"Pretty much, but in a good way. If there is a good way to be weird then we're it."

"Why?" I asked.

He took my hand in his and interlocked out fingers, "You're one of my best friend's little sister, I've known you for like ten years and only now are we doing anything about how we feel."

"Yeah, well at least we did do something about it eventually," I shrugged.

He nodded and looked over at me thoughtfully, "I'm glad we did."

comments = ♥