Sequel: Pull My Strings

Chasing Dragonflies

Tightly Around Her Neck

"Jesus Mace could you be wearing any less clothes?" my brother asked me as I entered the kitchen.

I looked down at my pajamas that consisted of short yellow shorts with rainbows printed all over them and a matching tank top and shrugged.

"These are my pj's deal with it."

I slumped down in the empty seat next to Bert and across from Quinn and rested my head on Bert's shoulder.

"Happy New Year by the way," Quinn said through a mouthful of cereal.

"Yeah, happy New Year," I felt Bert kiss the side of my head.

I gave them both a thumbs up and a half-hearted smile, "2007 woo."

Bert laughed, "Could you be any less enthusiastic? This year's going to be good, I can feel it. The album's going to be great."

"It should be, you guys are working your asses off making it," I yawned.

"With ringing endorsements like that we'll be platinum in no time," Quinn pointed his spoon at me.

"How come you guys aren't all hungover and shit?" I asked, slightly annoyed that neither of them seemed to be sharing my pain this morning.

Bert shrugged underneath my head, "Takes a lot more to get me drunk that it does you."

"Are you saying that I'm a lightweight?" I lifted my head from his shoulder and looked him in the eye.

"Yes," he nodded.

I screwed my face up and stood up slowly, "Where are Dan and Jeph?"

"At home but they're coming over later. Remember you said you would cook New Year's day dinner?" Quinn asked.

Shit. I had made a big deal about how all they did at New Year was get piss ass drunk and that was it and somehow had volunteered to cook dinner for all of us.

"What time is it?" I asked as I pulled a box of crackers, about all my stomach was willing to consider at the moment, out of the cupboard.

"Like 3.30," Bert informed me.

I spun around to face him and grabbed the counter top to stop the room from spinning, "In the afternoon?"

Quinn looked at me and nodded, "Are you okay? I know you were drunk last night but exactly how much did you drink?"

"Not much," I shrugged.

"Enough to do something stupid?" Bert asked.

"No." Yes.

Quinn squinted his eyes at me and I shrugged as I stuffed a cracker in my mouth.

"I'm going for a shower," I tried not to spray cracker everywhere as I left the room.

Taking the stairs slowly and carefully I calculated that I would have to face Jepha in approximately four hours. I clutched my uneasy stomach with a groan.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

Why did I do this to myself?

comments = ♥