Status: Active

When God Made You He Was Showing Off.

3

I didn’t know what I was supposed to wear to work at a vampire bar so I dressed normally. I pulled on a This Romantic Tragedy band-tee and some jeans. I had no idea what time this bar opened and didn’t think to ask last night. I couldn’t sleep either way though, I had slept over 14 hours. I had no trouble from my dad or Linda. Eric had even glamoured her to stay away while I was home. I looked through our fridge, there wasn’t really anything in there except milk, bread, and eggs. I didn’t think Eric would be showing up anytime soon since the sun had barely set and I had the ingredients for French toast. I opened the front door so the smell wouldn’t linger. I put my iPod into my iHome while I cooked. Jack’s Mannequin was playing as I softly sang.

Two to one, Static to the sound of you and I
Undone for the last time
And there this was
Hiding at the bottom of your
Swimming pool some September
And don't you think
I wish I could stay
Your lips give you away
I can hear it, the jet engine
Through the center of the storm
And I'm thinking I'd
Prefer not to be rescued
Two to none
Roads that lead away from this
I'm following myself just this once
And I've got spun
It appears you're spun as well
It happens when you pay attention
This could take all year, but
When it's quiet, does she hear me?
A jet is sent to the center of the storm
And I'm thinking I
Prefer not to be rescued
Oh, I can feel her, she's dying
Just to keep me cool
I'm finally numb, so please
Don't get me rescued... rescued...
And it's unclear
But this may be my last song
Oh, I, I can tell
She's raising hell to give to me
She got me warm
So please don't get me rescued
Oh, say you'll miss me one last time
I'll be strong, but whatever you do
Please don't get me rescued...
'Cause I'm feeling like
I might need to be near you
And I feel alright, so please
Don't get me rescued…


I couldn’t help it. A felt a stray tear roll down my cheek but I quickly wiped it away. Then changed the song. IDGAF by Blood on the Dance floor was playing, I knew the song held no emotional pull so it was a good song to listen to. I didn’t feel like eating anymore. So I just left the French toast on the table, someone would eat it. I was about to turn to go into my room to wait for Eric to come but saw him standing at the door waiting to be asked to come in. Instead I pulled my iPod out and grabbed keys. I walked straight passed him and shut the door behind me. I didn’t know how long he was standing at the door but I was hoping he didn’t see. I quickly put my ear buds in and let Aiden fill my head. He got into his car before I even had the chance to get it, the door was unlocked and I sat down. We were on the interstate in a matter of minutes, I didn’t really know how long it normally took to get to Shreveport but I assumed it wouldn’t take as long to get there since he was going extremely fast. I thought about putting my seatbelt on but Eric wasn’t wearing one so it seemed like I didn’t have to. The car was quiet except for the buzz of my ear buds, I was guessing he could hear the music anyway so I didn’t bother to talk to him. I was trying to lose myself in the music as I had countless times, to make myself numb therefore impenetrable. There was just something about to tonight that made it especially hard, every time I had tried to cut myself off from the rest of the world around me there was a presence at the corner of my mind buzzing. It was annoying the hell out of me, closing my mind off to people was a skill not easily learned. I nearly had it perfected due to the long hours of raw emotion I would get when I would see my mom in the hospital. I needed a coping mechanism and that was being numb, lifeless. I switched to a sfter song, hoping to calm my nerves and possibly the weird buzzing at the corners of my mind.

“Can you hear my heart? My heart beats for you.” I mumbled the lyrics quietly finally able to calm myself down and drift away. The buzzing was now just a faint glow as my mind started to shut down and close itself completely off. Eric had heard me but I was already way too into the numbness to even think about it. It had been fifteen more minutes before we pulled up behind a dark building, Eric had gotten out and I followed suit. He didn’t wait as he walked inside the building, I was reveling in the fact that I was back in civilization. I hadn’t known it then but I was dying on the inside when I was in Bon Temps, I was accustomed to being in the city where you could get lost in the crowds and never be found. I was tempted to go wander off into the city just to feel the sheer force of power that emanated from the people. It would usually only come to my attention when there were so many people around, not just from one person. It seemed to me that no one else could do this, when I would explain to the the energies I felt they disregarded it like it was nothing. I took a few steps way from the bar but suddenly the buzzing at the edge of my mind had come full force right to the center. I had to hold my self steady for a second before I could gather my thought and force myself into the bar. Eric had disappeared, but there crowd was on the scanty side so it didn’t seem that I was really needed. I was about to go back out and explore the city that I was so drawn to but someone had grabbed my shoulder.

“You must be the human who’s going to work for us. Sookie spoke of you as her lackey.” A blonde vampire said as she placed the full force of her gaze upon me.

“I’m not Sookie’s lackey.” I stated bluntly. She seemed surprised at my outburst and I could feel the waves of anger filling up my head just as the buzzing had before.

“Yes, I can see that now.” Pam stated as she flashed me a fanged smile obviously pleased with my reaction. “You will be a waitress, I assume you have done this before.”

“No, I haven’t.” I said, letting the waves of anger gently roll away back into wherever they had come from. “But if Sookie can do it.” I was hoping she hadn’t heard the last part, but the laughs coming from her were a dead giveaway.

“But if Sookie can do what?” Eric asked coming out of nowhere, the buzzing in my head was becoming more noticeable but still manageable. Pam was still laughing but looking to me to let Eric in on our little joke. I looked anywhere but at him as we walked into the back rooms but I could feel the buzzing in my mind telling me to look at him. “Pam?” He finally asked as we walked into what looked like an office.

“I asked if she knew the basics of being a waitress and she said no then human responded with…” Pam had trailed off leaving me to repeat what I had said in spite.

“But if Sookie can do it.” I mumbled in a dull voice, Eric had a small smile playing on his lips then said something to Pam in a completely different language and she laughed at that too while he smirked.

“I agree,” She simply mumbled. I had assumed they were talking about me and couldn’t care in the least. The buzzing in my head was now doing something completely different, it was…laughing. I tried to make sense of that, I knew this had never happened to me before. There was another entity in my head.

“Thundr, Pam will give you clothes to wear as a uniform. It is simple all you have to do is serve drinks to whoever beckons you. Then I will arrange a ride home for you when you are done. That is if you have decided to accept my offer to stay here while under me.”

“No,” I said without even thinking about it, and immediately regretted saying that and you cold probably see it on my face. I wanted to spend time in the city to be around the energy it emitted. The buzzing in my head had stopped laughing and was sending waves of anger out again but calmed immediately after.

“Okay,” He said. “Pam.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell Me What You Think.