Ice, Ice Baby!

One.

“Come on Frank, hurry!” The college student's friends called out. It was a Saturday night, and Frank Iero was out with his friend. He sighed, pulling on the blue boots he was just given to ice skate with. He hated the laces on these things; he could never quite master them. He moved his tattooed fingers around the contraption, finally managing to tie them.

“Finally Iero!” Frank’s friend Steven giggled, patting his friend on the back.

“Hey, it's not my fault the laces are out to get me!” Defended Frank. Both men giggled once again, as they made their way to the ice.

Frank was first on. He eased himself slowly onto the frozen water, careful not to slip.

“Come on!” Screeched Steven, becoming inpatient with Frank's slow actions. With that, he pushed his friend onto the ice quickly. Frank stumbled, but managed to regain balance before falling on his ass. He glared at Steven.

“You’re an asshole, you know that?” Frank spat, through gritted teeth. He was only messing around with his best friend. He knew Steven wouldn’t hurt him.

“I know, that’s why you love me!” Frank shot him a cheesy grin, before setting off. Frank was uneasy on his feet at first, but after a while, he settled into the surroundings, fully aware of what he was doing.

“Hey Frank, where‘s the others?” Steven asked, referring to their missing friends.

“They are going to join us soon; they went to have something to eat.” He replied. Frank was now putting one foot in front of the other, gliding slightly. He was gaining speed quickly.

Soon enough, Frank’s other friends joined them on the ice. They skated around casually, Frank slipping up now and again, but never falling. After a while, they soon grew bored of skating round in endless circles.

As Frank was skating around, his eyes wandered around the rest of the ice arena. It was late on a Saturday, so not that many people were around as they had been and gone. He liked it this way, as they had free range to do what they liked. As he scanned his eyes to the middle of the ice, he noticed one man.

He had dark black hair. Fairly tall. His shape was defined well, muscles outlining his clothes slightly. He wasn’t too well built, but he had a good figure. He was elegant in the way he skated, gliding around the middle of the ice, almost unseen. The lonely man twisted and turned, carrying his weight quietly on the ice. Frank soon realized he was staring at the shape that was now spinning slightly. He looked like a pro. Before he could tear his eyes away, his friends burst his bubble.

“Hey guys, lets race!” Shouted Taylor, Franks other friend.

“That’s a great idea, come on Frank” Urged Steven, but the youngest of the group looked uneasy with the proposition.

“Guys, I can barely skate, let alone speed skate, ill fall on my ass!” Defended Frank. The others giggled but didn’t take any notice of Frank's request. They pulled him off by the hand, skating over towards the edge of the arena.

“Guys I‘m going to get hurt! I‘m short!”

“Frank, your height has nothing to do with this! You're just a pansy! Now come on.”

Frank closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose. He knew there was no getting out of this. He skated over to where his friends were lined up and took his place.

“Okay, on the count of three.”

“One, two, three!” Screamed Steven. Frank closed his eyes as his friend grabbed his hand to make sure he started skating. After a second or two, Frank pulled away, gaining his own speed on the boots. His friends were in front of him, but he didn’t care. He turned his heard to the centre of the ice, where that man was still skating; he looked oblivious to anything that was going on around him.

Frank was mesmerized by the man, the way he twisted and turned. The way his hips were moving as his feet matched the same rhythm. He looked magical spinning. Just as Frank was about to turn his head back to face forwards, he hit a hard, cold wall. He groaned as he fell flat on his ass. There was a dull ache in his chest and legs where he had hit the concrete at such a hard speed.

Frank looked up, at his friends that were crowding around him laughing. He just sighed and tried to pick his bruised bones up from the ice. He slipped. He groaned again, before he felt a hand on his back. Frank looked around quickly, to see the figure behind him. It was the man from the middle of the ice.

He smiled down at Frank, extending his hands out for him to latch onto. Frank accepted gratefully, pulling himself to his feet.

“Thanks for that. These assholes are useless” Frank explained, scowling at his friends that were watching on intently, making slight kissing faces.

“Hey, it's no problem. It's what I‘m here for, to help and such.” The tall man told Frank.

“Well thanks. I‘m Frank” He said, shaking the others hand.

“I‘m Gerard, its nice to meet you” He said sweetly, smiling.

Frank continued to shake Gerard’s hand, staring at his face in pure amazement. He really was stunning. Elegant. When he realized he had been staring into space, Frank quickly dropped Gerard’s hand, blushing slightly.

“Right, I‘m going back to skate, need anything just give me a shout” Gerard told Frank. The younger boy nodded, still blushing.

“Thanks” He smiled. His friends skated up behind him, as they had watched in the whole time.

“Frankie‘s got a crush!” Steven squealed. Frank glared at his best friend, blushing once again.

“N-no I haven’t! He just helped me!” He tried to defend himself, but it was no use. It was obvious to his friends that he liked the look of Gerard. He was beautiful after all. Steven patted his friends back, as they made their way from the ice.

As they gave their boots back and walked to the door, Frank glanced back quickly. He found Gerard looking at him, he quickly smiled and looked away, blushing again. He definantly liked ice skating.