Ice, Ice Baby!

Eleven

Late that night Gerard had called into Frank’s dorm. Once they had snuggled and made out for a while the pair moved to the ice rink. The arena was open till late so Gerard could train all the wanted to. Frank agreed to train with him too, as on nights it could get lonely skating around on your own.

The pair had a fun filled evening with races and games on the ice. Gerard laughed hard especially as Frank fell on his ass a lot. Soon they wrapped it all up with a slow kiss and a cuddle to part separate ways for the weekend.

Even later that night when Frank arrived back to his dorm, he sat at his laptop and began to type the article. He was a little nervous about writing about his boyfriend in case it surfaced or somehow, he read it. That would be disastrous.

His fingers moved fast across the keypad and his eyes flickered back at every word he wrote. It didn’t take him long to write as it was is boyfriend he was harping on about. He enjoyed writing about him but always felt that pang of guilt just on the tips of his fingers. As he wrote each word he bit his lip and fidgeted. He knew he shouldn’t but he just could not help himself. Gerard was amazing, fascinating and talented. Who wouldn’t want to write about such a beautiful person?

At around 5am Frank finally finished. He slumped back into his chair and hit the save button. He sighed.

A man that has been skating since the tender age of 5, Gerard Way is now one of the most well known and experienced ice skaters across New Jersey and soon to be America. Swaying and twisting his way around the ice he never fails to engage his audience and send them home wanting more.

Frank bit his lip once again and flicked his tongue over his small lip ring. He didn’t like what he had written. It was cheesy and it was cliché. But that’s what love is, right?

From a young age Way had shown a positive interest in ice and figure skating. His mother often would take him to the rink and allow him time to practise, bud and bloom. Sure enough his talent began to shine through and from then onwards would enter into many young skater competitions. On the ice it’s clear to see he is a talented performer with stamina and elegance which he was rewarded for with many trophies and medals.

Frank buried his head in his tired hands. He shouldn’t be writing this. He was going to have to make it clear to his tutor it was not to go past their hands. Never to be published and never to be passed around. Once proof reading a few more times he grunted and pushed the screen down. He then stripped from his clothes and made his way to bed.

The next morning he handed the article in and after a few very stern words on his part both he and his tutor agreed the piece would not be shown in any way. Frank walked from his class smiling. Later that day he and Gerard went out for a stroll in the park, one which wasn’t filled with mass murderers and rapists. They sat on one of the cold benches for a while snuggling together and entwining their fingers together. After they grew tired of doing nothing they up and left to find a snug coffee shop they could sip hot beverages in and steal secret kisses.

The next day after sleeping over at Gerard’s Frank waddled into college. It was certain to say he had been fucked damn good up the ass the night before and was paying for it then but he really, didn’t care. It had felt so damn good at the time and no thoughts of consequences crossed his lust filled mind. Frank flipped his friends off who saw him struggling to walk back to his dorm and commented on how he should really invest in some lube. He sighed and walked through the main corridor, but stopped before he pushed the door open in horror.

His article.

He stopped dead in his tracks, his mind reeling and his body unable to move. That feeling, that ever so sickly feeling you get when you know something has gone wrong and you are going to pay for it sooner or later. That twist of the gut when you realise somebody has seen or heard something you never wanted them to know. That rush of adrenaline and the heavy beat of the heart that drowns out the sounds of your present surroundings and makes you weak at the knees.

His article.

Frank blinked trying to focus, trying to tell his eyes and his brain that I was just his imagination, just his anxiety about the article leaking taking over. He blinked again and reached forward to touch the large piece of paper that was taped to the door. When his short fingers came into contact with the smooth white paper he gasped. It was then that the worry and the shock turned into anger. The student launched himself through the double doors and down the main corridor, only to stop once reaching the other side of the large, heavy exits.

His article.

Everywhere. It was taped to every fucking wall space you could find. He looked left, the large heading and black and white picture of Gerard on the ice. The bold writing and the authors name, large and ready to be read. Frank Iero.

Frank was angry. He was fucking steaming and he was going to flip. He launched himself at the walls, ripping and tearing whatever the fuck he could reach. He crumpled the large pieces of paper that had been blown up so people could read and pushed them to the floor, stepping on them as he made his way over to the other side of the corridor for more. He made his way down the hall ripping and tearing anything he could. Students stared at him and laughed but he was past caring.

Once he had run around and pulled as many down as he could Frank made his way to the media office. He pushed the door open with brute force and walked straight in. His teacher and another student looked shocked, but in the corner of his eye Frank could tell he knew what this was about.

“Frank I-” His teacher tried to speak.

“Don‘t even fucking bull shit me!” Frank raged, his voice breaking as his blood boiled.

“You knew! You fucking KNEW why I didn’t want that published and yet you did it anyway! Do you even fucking realise how much shit you have caused? Do you!?” Frank raged. The teacher sat there, calm and collected and tried to speak once again.

“Listen Frank, I-”

“No! I will not fucking listen. Sort this out. Take them all fucking down.” And that was where it dawned on Frank. It wasn’t just going to be around college. If his memory served him right, he had won the contest. The contest winner would win a front page article cover for the local newspaper that was delivered everywhere that morning.

“You didn’t, tell me you fucking didn’t!?” Frank argued, trying not to think the worst.

The tutor bit his lip and looked down at his desk. “I‘m sorry Frank, It was just too good of an opportunity for you to miss out on.” Frank huffed and turned to walk away.

“Fuck you. And your media class and your article and now the newspaper that is plastered all around Jersey. Fucking thanks.” And with that he walked out of the office and made his way to the front entrance. He knows he needs to see Gerard. He knows that it will sound a lot better coming from Frank and not the stupid newspaper. Gerard didn’t need this, Frank was meant to be the different one.

The flustered and pissed off man walked from the college and sprinted to the ice arena. On his way passing many shops the newspaper littered the walls, floors and shelves. He swore every time he saw such a thing and cursed himself for being so damn foolish. He knew it was going to surface some how. He knew Gerard was going to find it and read it.

Once arriving at the arena Frank did the same as he had done at college. He flung the doors open, ripped down as many as he could find and ran to Gerard’s dressing room. Without even knocking on the door Frank barged in, only to find Gerard curled up on his sofa eyes and face red and puffy, the newspaper thrown in the middle of the room in a mess.

And that’s when the feeling flooded back. That feeling of guilt and remorse. The gut retching pulls and the heart pounding sensations. He felt as if he was about to vomit his vital organ or burst into tears himself.

Gerard quickly looked up only just realising somebody was standing there. He wiped his eyes but as his puffy orbs adjusted and focused on the man in front of him he jumped up from the couch and stormed his way over to Frank. The younger man flinched as the skater came right into his face. Gerard reached down to the floor and picked the crumpled newspaper from the floor and thrust it into Gerard’s face.

“How could you?” Gerard questioned through his small, gritted teeth. Frank swallowed hard and shook his head.

“I don’t know. I didn’t mean to hurt you, I mean I didn’t slag you off or I didn’t put you down or-” He began rambling, tears falling from his hazel eyes.

“I don’t give a fuck Frank! You said you were different! You said you would want me for the fame or the money, I have enough people writing shit about me. You promised me Frank.” Gerard sobbed whilst pushing the paper into Frank’s chest.

“You promised me.” He finally finished his rant, whispering the last few words. Gerard knew Frank was different, in his heart he knew that. Frank proved that by the way he would sit and watch his boyfriend skate for hours just because he could. The way he would hold Gerard’s hand and kiss him tenderly when he needed it the most. The way they made love, something all the others never wanted. All they cared about was getting off and using his credit card for a spend up afterwards. Frank wasn’t like that and Gerard knew that too well.

But it still hurt.

At this point the tattooed man felt like a royal fuck up. He watched as Gerard backed up from the position and wiped his tear stained face. He then went over to where his skates were, pulled the Ugg’s off and slipped his feet into the blades. He then fastened them, barged past Frank and walked from his dressing room.

As Gerard pushed his way to the ice through a small crowd gathering around one of the articles he let a few more tears drip down his face and down his neck. He slipped onto the ice smoothly but knew Frank was following him.

“Gerard, please.” Frank pleaded. “Let me explain!” He screamed across the thick layer of ice. The student had no ice boots on but lowered his feet onto the cold surface anyway. He gasped, his converse really weren’t that warm and as he tried to move he slipped. Gerard looked around as Frank pulled himself up from the ice, but continued to try to make his way over to his boyfriend.

“Just leave me alone Frank.” Gerard screamed back.

“Just leave me.” And with that, Gerard fell to the ice sobbing. The thin slacks he had on soaking up the frozen moisture and seeping through to his pale skin. Gerard hunched himself against the wall as muffled sobs racked through his toned body. He brought his hand up to his eyes covering them before squeezing them shut tight. He wanted it all to disappear. The ice, the article and Frank.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok first of all I'm really sorry for the wait. I've had a lot of shit gone on, a lot of school work and a lot of job work too.
I havent really been in the mood to write recently, but hopefully I have just changed that!

Comments would be real great to cheer me up, as I really am not happy with this chapter.

xoxx