Ice, Ice Baby!

Fourteen

“Frank, my competition is in two weeks!” Gerard stressed as his younger boyfriend tried to prise the skater from the ice. Gerard had been skating for hours on end now, and seeing how frustrated he was getting with himself Frank had intervened. After stuffing his feet into his pink boots that he now, carried everywhere with him and ran onto the ice. As Gerard saw him approaching he frowned a little as, really, he needed to train. Frank was having none of that though as he knew his boyfriend had over worked himself enough for today.

“Gerard, get your ass of the ice.” Frank responded with one hand resting on his hip. Gerard had to bite his lip as he tried not to laugh at just how cute his lover looked trying to be stern. It wasn’t a look he suited. Soon enough, a giggle was emitted from the skater’s mouth and Frank whined.

“Gerard! I’m trying to be serious here!” He pouted a little but really, there was nothing serious about the look he had going on. Gerard smiled and looked down at his boyfriend. With a hand placed on his hip, his bright pink skates and the little pout he now had going on, nothing could have been cuter.

As Gerard inched forward a little he spoke “You’re so cute, y’know?” He smirked and brushed his fingertips across Frank’s cold cheeks. The younger man only made a defeated noise and pouted a little more.

“Okay, okay. I’ll take a break.” Frank’s expression quickly changed and he grinned.

“But only for a while, I really do need to train Frankie.” Gerard added to which Frank frowned a little but took what deal he could get.

“Come on, we’re going to get something to eat.”

And with that Frank took Gerard’s hand in his own and dragged him off of the ice. Once they had pulled their boots off Gerard quickly changed from his sweats into some tight black jeans and a pair of converse and pushed Frank through the door and out of the arena.

Wandering around the town hand in hand the pair soon found a small café, which looked inviting. Setting down at a secluded booth the men huddled together, Gerard’s arm wrapped firmly around Frank’s middle. Of course, space would allow them to sit much further apart but both men felt the need to sit closely, thighs touching lightly and Frank’s head resting on Gerard’s shoulder. The closeness was something both enjoyed.

“What do you want?” Gerard asked Frank quietly whilst stroking his black hair from his face. Frank looked up and into Gerard’s eyes and smiled. It was one of those moments he would be sure to lock in his heart forever, sketch it into his mind and protect forever.

Gerard smiled back and placed a chaste kiss on his lover’s lips. “You’re adorable, you know that?” Gerard asked and Frank grinned and nodded.

“That soup sounds good.” Frank pointed to the menu and Gerard nodded.

So as the waitress came over to take their orders both men took the soup and rustic bread with a coke on the side. Sitting tightly together the couple ate their soup fairly quietly, Gerard giggling and swatting Frank’s arm as his boyfriend slurped his lunch loudly.

After finishing up their meal and wiping their noses of soup (that had managed to wind its way there) they paid for the bill and wandered from the shop once again, hand in hand. Expecting to be met by the sun shining down on them Frank smiled but as something flashed in his eyes his face changed into confusion. Gerard immediately knew what was going on and pulled Frank away quickly.

“What the hell Gee?” Frank asked as they continued to walk down the street quickly.

“Paparazzi Frank.” Gerard scowled.

Frank sighed and pulled Gerard to stop in the middle of the street. He wrapped his arms around his middle and moved his hand up to his lover’s chin so they could look straight into each other’s eyes.

“Gee, I don’t care who they are, let them take pictures.” Frank smiled and Gerard felt a little more at ease with the situation. He had never liked the paparazzi, had never liked people having such an interest in his life and career and hated having his picture taken but now with Frank at his side, it didn’t seem so bad anymore.

Gerard smiled. “I know. Thank you.” And with that he closed the small space that was between their heads and pressed his ice-chapped lips to Frank’s. It was short and sweet the kiss and as they pulled away both smiled and continued walking.

A few days later of staying at Gerard’s and never wanting to sleep alone again, Frank and Gerard were once again curled up in the middle of the large bed, torsos’ pressed together and fingers laced together resting on the pillow.

“I need to go back to college Gee, I can’t keep wearing your clothes.” Frank sighed and even though he probably could wear his boyfriend’s clothes for a while longer, he wanted his own back.

He felt Gerard nod his head against his shoulder. “Mhm.” Frank giggled; Gerard really wasn’t good in the mornings unless he was skating around on ice.

After a few more moments of adjusting to the light and moistening his lips a little Gerard spoke. “Want me to come with you?”

Frank thought for a second “If you want to? I mean, if you have something better to do?” Frank fumbled with his words.

“Frank, of course I want to come with you.” Gerard smiled into his lover’s shoulder and kissed it gently.

“Yeah, yea. Okay.” Frank mumbled and snuggled back into Gerard’s warm body. Neither really wanted to move just yet.

Not long after the pair slowly fell back into a light sleep but soon knew they had to get up. Frank nudged Gerard a little and soon he moved from the bed and into the shower. Frank lay in his bed, head tucked into Gerard’s pillow with a smile on his face. Anyone that asked, he wasn’t smelling he pillow as such, just, well, checking it wasn’t dirty, right?

Once Gerard had taken his shower Frank mirrored his actions and soon found himself standing under the warm spray. It didn’t take him long to get clean. Slowly he made his way from the bathroom to the wardrobe where he found Gerard dressing.

“Those jeans look so hot on you.” Frank mumbled as he walked past Gerard and slapped his ass a little. Gerard jumped and little and glanced over at Frank who was now rooting through stacks of jeans to find a pair that wouldn’t drown him. He smiled to himself and walked over to his lover as now, he was fully dressed. He pressed his chest against Frank’s small back and bent over to kiss his neck.

“Love you.” Gerard whispered gently. Frank shivered and craned his neck to look at Gerard. The declaration of love was slightly unsuspected but ever so welcoming.

“I love you too,” Frank retaliated. “Lots.” He finished with a smile.

After a few tender minutes of simply standing together and holding one another Gerard tore himself away and allowed Frank to dress quickly and soon, they were heading from the door and out to Gerard’s car.

It wasn’t a long drive to the college campus but Gerard could tell that Frank was nervous as the young man was sat chewing at his nails and tapping his foot against the black carpet that lined the floors of the jeep. As they arrived he began to fidget even more and as Gerard took his small hand and laced their fingers together as they walked towards the building he could tell Frank was sweating.

“Frankie, are you okay?”

Frank simply nodded and gripped his boyfriend’s hand a little tighter and used the pad of his thumb to rub gentle circles into the skin. It wasn’t much, but Frank loved him for at least trying to comfort him in some way. After walking down many long corridors they arrived at Frank’s dorm. He took his key from his pocket and tried to slide it into the lock but it just wouldn’t budge.

“Here, let me.” Gerard stated after a few minutes of watching Frank struggle. He took the key from Frank’s hand and tried to place it into the lock but still, it wouldn’t budge. Not long before Frank was about the kick the damn door down his friend spotted him and ran over to him.

“Frank! What are you doing here?” Frank looked confused.

“I’m trying to get into my damn fucking dorm!”

“But, Frank, you quit?” And soon, it dawned on him that as he quit, he had lost his room. He quickly snapped forward and punched the hard door.

“Frank!” Gerard quickly spluttered as he reached forward and held his lover by the wrists to ensure he didn’t do himself any more damage.

“Look, I can go and get the new key for you ok? Your stuffs still in there.” Frank nodded and winced as Gerard brushed his fingers over his bruised knuckles.

“Frank, shit. Don’t do shit like that again.” Frank looked as if he was about to cry or smack a wall again so Gerard did the only thing he could think of; he pulled Frank into his chest and wrapped his arms around his body. Frank sniffled into his shirt and Gerard knew he was crying.

“I didn’t want to end up like this, like, like some… some, drop out!” He whinged and Gerard only tightened his grip on his younger boyfriend.

“Hey, hey Frank don’t say things like that. You aren’t a drop out, you are gonna find something okay.”

“G-gee, I don’t ha-have anywhere to go!” Frank whimpered a little more and set free a new batch of tears, which Gerard could feel seeping through the thin material of his shirt and onto his skin.

“Frankie, you can come live with me?” Frank instantly stopped sniffling and looked up at Gerard. The skater almost melted at the sight of his boyfriend’s puffy eyes and red nose.

“Really?” He asked with large eyes. Gerard brushed a few stray hairs away from his flushed face and nodded.

“Of course. My place is too big anyway, and I love having you.” Gerard smiled and hugged Frank to his chest once again.

Not long after Frank was given the key to get in to his room and spent the rest of the day with Gerard cleaning up his things and placing them into boxes. The older man had helped a lot, moving boxes from the dorm and to his car and comforting Frank when he grew a little sad or found something that had obviously brought back fond memories of college.

At around 6 both men had finally packed Frank’s life into boxes and had placed them into the trunk of his car. Settling himself into the passenger seat Frank sighed and rested his head against the pillow.

Gerard reached over the placed a hand on Frank’s thigh.

“You did good.” Gerard stated and started the engine.

“Want to get something to eat?” Frank shook his head, no.

“Want me to drop you home whilst I go skate for a little?” Gerard asked, hoping Frank wouldn’t mind if he trained for a little.

Frank actually smiled. Home.Gerard had asked him if he wanted to go home.

“No, can I come train with you?” Frank asked. Gerard grinned and nodded.

After arriving at the rink and changing into something a little less restricting both men shoved their feet into their respective ice boots and filed into the ice. Gerard, who was skating just a little in front of Frank pushed his hand back and offered it to Frank, to gladly took it and caught up.

“Can you teach me some moves?” Frank asked, eyes hopeful.

Gerard giggled and nodded. “Ok, come here.” The skater motioned to Frank and asked him to come closer. Frank shuffled closer so his chest was almost pressing against Gerard’s

“Place your hands on my shoulders.” Frank did so and soon he felt Gerard’s strong hands grip at his waist firmly.

“Just relax, okay?” Gerard asked and Frank nodded, a little confused.

Within seconds Frank felt his feet being lifted from the ice and soon enough was being lifted into the air. He yelped with a smile on his face as Gerard lifted him high in the air, looking down at his boyfriend. It was nothing short of magical as Gerard span slowly around, his boyfriend looking down and smiling at him.

Slowly, Gerard rested Frank down onto the ice has both men started to feel a little dizzy and as soon as Frank’s skates’ touched the ice he launched at Gerard’s lips and pressed his own to them firmly. With fingers tangled into one another’s hair and lips and tongues mingling the men sighed and enjoyed just being together.

A few minutes passed and as both men came up for air they rested their noses together and sighed. After a few more magical kisses which made their stomach’s flip and flutter they pulled apart and Frank took his place on the stands watching his boyfriend train for his show, which was now, only a mere two weeks away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok so this part is unbeta'd.
sorry about that,

Id love some feedback, as its nearly the end of this fic.
thanks x