Ice, Ice Baby!

Four

“Gee, I cant do this!” Gerard laughed, partly at the fact he had known Frank all of 5 minutes and he was already nicknaming him. The other root of the laughter was the person tugging on his leg, sitting on the ice sulking.

Frank had fallen on his ass. Again mind you. Gerard and Frank were only 5 minutes into their ‘session’ and bruises were already appearing on the younger mans skin. He just wasn’t cut out for skating.

“Frank! Get up, come on.” Frank pouted. He didn’t want to get up, he didn’t understand this figure skating business. All he understood, was falling flat on his ass, and not being able to get back up again. Sighing, Frank heaved his hands towards his friends, to which he took the hint. Gerard took Frank’s hands in his own, lacing them together. He pulled Frank up slowly, and when he was standing up right, pulled him into a hug.

Alien. That’s what the new found hugging and hand holding was. Alien. It was weird for both men, but somehow it felt ok. It felt right, and neither dared to correct it.

“Ok. So the spinning didn’t work. How about skating backwards?” Gerard asked Frank, giggling slightly at the fact he now had soggy pants. Frank grunted, shrugging his shoulders. Gerard bit his lip, thinking slightly for a moment. He had never really taught before. In the past, he trained in solitude. He was thinking, the best way to go about teaching Frank was doing something he would never [/B forget.

Gerard skated around so that he was behind Frank. “Ok, stand there.” He instructed. Frank did as he was told, he stood right in front of Gerard. The pro took a deep breath before placing his hands on Franks slender hips.

The younger of the pair jumped slightly at the contact. He wasn’t expecting that. None the less, he accepted the form of affection, letting the elders hands sink into his skin, curiosity seeping through his fingertips.

Breathe. “Loosen up Frank” In and out.

“I‘m trying, its just the ice doesn’t like me!” He whimpered. Gerard couldn’t help but bite back a wide smile. Frank was adorable in his eyes. He had so much energy, coursing through his blood stream; He was a bundle of laughter.

Exactly what Gerard needed.

More than anything, what Gerard needed was loosening up. He needed somebody to guide him through the ice, tell him when to stop. To tell him that he looks tired, to tell him he’s done well at training.

Most of all, he needed someone to be proud of him. Someone equal to him, a person that would love and cherish him no matter what. A special person, that if he cracked the ice and fell to a broken heap they wouldn’t care. A partner, that if he skated like an angel would embrace him and reward. What he needed was love, pure and simple. Something he’d never had much of before.

The skater snapped out of his thoughts. He didn’t want to think, he just wanted to have fun, for once. His tightened his grip on Frank, just to check it was real, that hewas real.

Moving forward slightly, so that his middle was pressing against Frank’s tight ass, he gulped. He could sense the tension. And it needed to be broken. Without even thinking, Gerard placed a soft kiss on the back of Frank’s neck. The recipient simply giggled. Well that was good, Gerard thought. He didn’t run a mile.

“O-okay. So I need to you glide with me. Think you can do that?”

“I can try Mr Way” Frank said, his voice charming Gerard’s ear buds.

And so they attempted to skate backwards. Gerard’s hands slowly skimmed across Franks torso, gripping and caressing lightly. Frank kept telling himself that this was all part of the learning curve, that they needed to be so close and intimate to do such a task. Denial. He loved it really.

“Ok, relax, keep your hips inline with mine if you can” Gerard explained. Slowly, after one more small grope of Frank’s love handles Gerard started to glide backwards, easing the other with him.

Frank giggled. “This feels weird Gee!” Gerard laughed at Franks outbursts.

After a few minutes of guiding Frank, hips swaying together and feet gliding over the ice, Frank had finally got the hang of something. When he felt the trainee was ready Gerard moved his hands from his hips, pushing them round, lacing their hands together. This way, Frank was supporting himself better, but Gerard was still there if he fell.

Chemistry. Something both Frank and Gerard had only ever felt in their old science lessons. Now, the situation was different. If their chemistry was hot liquid, the ice would have been long gone, its frozen mater turning quickly into mush. Much like Frank's heart was at that moment. Having Gerard so close was amazing for him. He had never really had much close contact with anyone before, so anything he did receive he lapped up.

“You’re getting the hang of this” Gerard whispered into Franks neck. The shorter of the two giggled, thinking of a witty reply.

“Its only because I have a great instructor, he‘s just so damn awesome” Frank cocked his head to the side, smiling up at Gerard. As the pair were still gliding backwards, the pro skater leant down slightly. The pair giggled and as their lips were just about to meet, they fell.

Yet again, they both giggled. The were slumped in a heap on the floor. Their hands still connected, legs mixed together. As Gerard was about to shift under Frank to get up, the other stopped him. Frank smiled, leant down and placed their lips together. Gerard’s stomach flipped, twisted and turn with surprise and excitement. Frank’s was secretly doing the same. If passion could melt ice, the rink would have been an ocean right then. Their lips moved against one another's, Gerard’s chapped lips mingling with Frank’s metal ridden lips.

As the damp ice was starting to seep through their clothes and onto their skin, Frank pulled back. He looked down into Gerard’s eyes, all he could see was excitement. And that’s how Gerard felt, excited, happy. Something he hadn’t felt in such a long time.

It was then, when he was huddled on the ice with Frank, that he thanked his Mom for pushing him to pursue his dream in ice skating. Finally, he had met someone worth while, he just hoped it would be worth the pain.