Ice, Ice Baby!

Eight

It had been a few weeks since Gerard’s mind blowing performance at the local ice rink. It had been the first time Frank had seen his new friend perform to an audience and it would be lying if it was said that he wasn’t proud of the skater. In the two weeks that had passed, the two men spent a lot of time together out side of the ice arena. They took walks in the Jersey parks, went shopping and of course drank a lot more coffee together.

Gerard actually enjoyed his distraction from skating and Frank’s college work fell behind. But that didn’t matter. What mattered was the pair were content with each other, they had found new ‘friends’ and were having a ball.

It was unofficial, but the pair had been casually dating. Their long strides in the park often resulted in the pair holding hands and sharing a slow kiss when they parted. Trips to the local café for coffee became a regular occurrence for the couple, often resulting in cuddling or simply an in depth talk. Also, Gerard had taken Frank out for a meal once again which proved to be a successful night. The men had once again parted with a slow kiss; however it changed into something more heated quite rapidly. Their tongues met and hair was pulled. Light and innocent moans were exchanged but lost in the lock. As they pulled back they blushed lightly but decided they defiantly liked what they had together.

And now Frank gazed into thin air, reliving the past month or so in his head. He had loved it. It was, by far the best month he had ever had. The whirlwind romance he and Gerard had literally swept him from his feet. Nobody had ever done that to him before. Frank tapped his pen onto his desk, day dreaming intently. He could picture Gerard’s eyes. He loved his eyes. They were deep and honey like and sparkled when he drifted across the ice. His body was heavenly; it was toned in all the perfect places but he was still cuddly. That was the best part as Frank enjoyed cuddles.

Frank had come to the decision in his head that he was officially smitten.

Soon enough, his in depth dreaming was brought to an abrupt close. His college tutor was talking to him, but he hadn’t seemed to notice.

“Frank?” The tutor muttered, but it fell on Frank’s redundant ears. “Frank?!” He muttered a lot louder this time, which made the absent minded student jump.

“Sorry, I was thinking.” Frank blushed. His tutor looked down at him with a face of annoyance. He had obviously just explained something to the group and was going to have to explain over again.

“Well Frank, I do hope you were thinking about this final assessment you have to start for me.” Frank looked clueless. He had missed out on the explanation a few minutes prior.

“Ok Frank I‘m going to make this quick. For your final marked assessment you will need to write an extended piece on a person that is famous. You will need to write about their personality, what they are famous for, and what their flaws are.” He concluded to which Frank looked baffled. He hated things like this as he had no idea what to do, but most importantly who to write about.

“Oh, and Frank. The best will win a slot to be published in the local newspaper, winning a great break into the industry. Make it good Iero.” Frank sighed. He really didn’t want to write, he didn’t actually care about the newspaper. All he wanted was to see Gerard.

After being excused from his lesson for a ‘bathroom break’ Frank ran from the building, ready to meet Gerard at the ice rink. The pro skater was now training every single day, hours on end. It worried Frank in case he over did it, but Gerard assured him that a month prior to his competitions, he usually trained a lot harder. It paid off apparently.

Taking a smoke from its packet, Frank sucked intently on the stick. Slowly burning, the cigarette was consumed by the time Frank reached the rink. He threw its remains on the floor, carefully stepping on it to kill its ember. Without looking back, Frank walked straight into the ice arena, looking for Gerard.

Once Frank collected his boots from the desk he made his way over to the stands to put them on. As soon as Gerard spotted Frank on the stools, he stopped training, skated over to the exit and made his way up towards him. When Frank looked up from tying his first boot he saw Gerard’s smiling face next to his. He couldn’t help but grin.

“Hey!” Frank chimed as Gerard bent down and placed a soft kiss on Frank’s lips. The younger smirked and bit his lip lightly. After exchanging a few more glances Frank pulled the remaining boot onto his foot. Without even thinking about it, Gerard leant down and began to tie Frank’s boot for him. The college student smiled warmly at Gerard who had just finished securing the blades to the foot.

“Thanks for that.” Frank mumbled to which Gerard grinned and held out his hand. Frank took it in record time, latching on and moving from his seat. The pair made their way towards the ice and when there Gerard helped ease Frank on.

That was the one thing Frank hated about the ice. It was the initial getting on it that he never quite mastered. He would normally go skidding out, hitting every target in his path. Gerard had often watched this, giggling as he saw Frank tumble. Of course he would skate over and help the man up, not before noting how cute he looked in a heap on the cold ice; his cheeks flushed and an angered look etched across his face.

Frank’s hand was still latched onto Gerard’s as they began to skate around, enjoying the warmth each others hands generated in contrast to the damp, slick ice that surrounded them.

“So how was you’re day?” Gerard asked in which Frank crumpled up his face.

“It was ok I guess. Nothing too great, media gets boring after a while.” Frank admitted. “How about you? I hope you rested for a bit today” He asked the skater, worry lacing his voice. Gerard smiled wider.

“Aw Frank! You’ve been worrying about me?” Frank blushed a little, but Gerard found it all the more appealing to his cute nature. Frank gripped the elders hand a little tighter.

“Of course I have Gee! You need a rest every once in a while. I don’t want to see you get hurt babe.” With that, Gerard dropped Frank’s hand. The shorted man looked a little disappointed, but was soon reimbursed when Gerard skated beside him whilst wrapping an arm around his middle. Frank was a little uneasy with his skates still but managed to keep upright when he felt Gerard rest his head on his shoulder.

“You’re sleepy aren’t you?” Frank questioned.

“Yeah, kind of.” Gerard admitted. Frank looked down quickly, pecking the others fore head lightly. And with that single kiss, their balance was lost and they both fell to the ice.

Frank tumbled first, falling down and hitting his ass against the cold matter. Gerard quickly followed, ending heaped on top of Frank. Both men giggled as they squirmed at the sheer coldness of the ice that was beneath their bodies. Gerard shifted so he was lay next to Frank on the ice. At that moment, neither of them cared how cold it was. As the men huddled closer, still laying on the ice their lips met in a heated lock. Their clothes were damp and their bodies were starting to freeze, but that didn’t matter.

All that mattered in that moment was their love. All that mattered was that their lips fitted perfectly together. All that matter was the fact they were both falling, falling fast onto ice and falling even faster for one another.