Lifes An Ice Cream.

Chapter 1.

The rain was poring down harder than before as I looked through my bedroom window. Everything seemed so grey and dull. I wonder what my mates back in America would be doing right now. Probably out shopping and having fun, not stuck inside watching the world go by on a Saturday afternoon. I had to leave them all behind, and move to England because my Dad got a “new and better” job. I hate this place. It’s in the middle of winter, the sky looks like it’s about to collapse, I’m freezing even with the heating on and I’m totally bored. No homework to keep me occupied, and the computers f***ed up.

All of a sudden I’m interrupted by my thoughts. “Alicia!!! Me and Dad are going out to do the shopping. We won’t be long. Will you be ok?” shouted my mum from downstairs. “Yes Mum I’ll be fine” I shout back. Why the heck would I not be fine? I’m 14 years old and I think I can handle being alone for an hour or two.

I'm not an only child as you may think. I have an older sister Mary but she doesn’t live with me and my parents anymore. I'm not sure how long she’s been gone for and don’t really know where she is. Mum and Dad chucked her out when they found out she was bisexual and I didn't really see the big deal about the whole thing but they just couldn't accept everything. Mary just packed her bags and left. What’s worse is that if she wants to find us she won’t know where we are because we’re in a whole new country thanks to Dad.

I tried not to think about her too much because it just wound me up and put me in an even worse mood than I was already in. I decided since Mum and Dad were out I might as well occupy myself with some music. I smiled to myself knowing that I was going to blare it out and go insane in my room. My music taste wasn’t the type a lot of people listened too. Two words. Rock. Music. Most people I new, listed to R&B and hip hop kinda stuff. Once I even tried to listen to snoopy dog or what ever his name is and I just don’t get what people like about rap.

I flicked through my cd collection looking for my Guns N’ Roses album, Greatest Hits and shoved it in my stereo.
My favorite song from the album was Welcome to the Jungle. I know all the words to this song and love trying to make my voice sound as brilliant as Axl’s although I always fail miserably. Oh and I love the video for that song. Axl’s hair and those tight trousers he wears. Yummy indeed!

I miss my mates back home because they understood my love for that band and my music but kids at my new school, St Catherine’s, don’t. They think my music is for mental, depressed people. I’m pretty sure I’m not mental but I think I might be falling into depression. I HATE the place and I hate the people and it’s all my stupid Dads fault. I had a perfect life and in a blink of a second everything’s changed and there’s nothing anyone can do.