Lifes An Ice Cream.

Chapter 2

I'm half awake and all I hear is the drumming to an annoying alarm clock. I scramble my hand around on the top of my chest of draws searching for the damn thing to turn it off. Some days I feel like smashing the clock to the floor. If I had it my way kids would be aloud to sleep till twelve because that’s how long I can sleep through the day. I’m really not a morning person at all and if you’re in my way during the morning you’ll be sure to get a fist full of anger.

My bed is so warm and the blankets hold close to me. I suppose it wouldn’t do much harm just to shut my eyes for just a little bit longer. I peacefully doze off, quietly dreaming away when….
“Oh Alicia!!!!!! Guess what I’ve got?” mum comes in to tick me off like her usual self. “I’ve got some nice cold water just for you!!”

And with that she dipps her hand into the glass and flicks it at me. Rule number one. When I’m half asleep don’t try to wake me.
“AAAHHH MUM!!!! I was just about to wake up. What is your problem? Sometimes I wish you weren’t my mum and I had someone else who is a bit more normal. What are you still doing here? I'm now awake thanks to you! Just get out of my room.

I didn’t even know what I was shouting all I new was that I was angry for no real reason. I felt like apologizing but that just wasn’t me. Anyway I was now running late so I didn’t have much tome to thing about saying sorry, so I had a quick shower, brushed my teeth, brushed my hair and got changed into my school uniform.

Yes I did say school uniform. I felt so odd in it but at least I wouldn’t be the only one wearing it. It consisted of a blazer, a creamy coloured blouse, a grey skirt which had to be worn below the knees, black tights and black school shoes. I mean how can you express your individuality when everyone one is wearing the same thing.

I grabbed my school bag from the bottom of the stairs, and diden’t bother with breakfast. I had to hurry of of the front door to my bus stop to where all the other school kids stood. Just as soon as I stepped out of our front gate my mum called me back and insisted on giving me a lift. I new I was going to be late so I just listened to her and got into our ford fiesta. It wasn’t the best car in the world but it was ok I suppose for the small times we used the car.

When we finally got to my school all I could see were tons of school girls who looked just like me. I waved good bye to my mum as she drove off to work not knowing that was the last time I would see her.