Status: Active, but school is making it hard to update.

Danger

Chapter Nine

I turned only to be greeted by a man, about the same height as Jareth. He hand shaggy blond hair much like my own, but gray eyes unlike my blue-green ones. The man was unnaturally muscular and tan, his hands looked worn from either fighting or some hands-on work. There was an odd scar on the right side of his neck, ending at his collarbone. “Little sister? I believe you’re mistaken.” I stated, I have never seen this man before in my life and he’s calling me family.

“I believe its you who’s mistaken.” The male replied. “Just look harder and remember.” I did so, my eyes traced his face starting at his jaw line going back and forth with my eyes. Then up to his cheeks and nose, finally up to eyes. I memorized them, trying to remember anything that would explain him to me. I almost gasped at the memory that hit me like a ton of bricks.

A little girl about the age of five sat on the deck of a river side home holding a fishing pole. Next to her sat an older boy who was talking to her about something that involved the pole. He laughed and patted her on the back. The girl smiled, but not for long, due to the fact her pole nearly went under. The girl grabbed a stronger grip on the pole and pulled. The boy came behind her and helps, finally after a few tugs a giant red fish with Spikes on the top of it dangled of them. The girl laughed at it before pulling the line closer and pealing the fish off it. She said something to the boy before throwing it into the river again.

I came back to the present, realizing two things, one the memory was of Lucas, and me. The second thing was that Lucas was standing right in front of me. “You’re Lucas, my brother.” I said to the man in front of me.

“I knew you’d remember.” Lucas said with a huge smile.” Welcome back Little sister, we’ve missed you.”

“Lucas, she still doesn’t remember everything yet, just you and me.” Jareth stated. “I thought you said all her memories would come back when she got here. When she saw me or the cottage, but she still doesn’t remember anything.”

‘’It will take awhile for all of her memories to return to her.” Lucas replied resting a hand on the knife that stuck out of her belt. I didn’t noticed until that simple movement that he was geared up as if her were going out to war. He had at least four blades, and two guns and several cases of ammo.

“But, Lucas, we don’t have much time.” A girl said in a concerned voice as she approached with many others following her.

“We have plenty of time; the Order won’t attack for awhile. They need to group up people into attack groups, which will take awhile, knowing the Order.”

“But, they won’t wait to go and get the Items!” One man shouted.

“We need to attack now!” Another yelled. There were other comments yelled. It angered me not knowing at thing about what they were talking about, it’s something I would have to get used to.

“Stop!” Lucas yelled. “Have faith in her, her memories will come to her soon. We won’t attack until that happens, she has all the knowledge of the order, and when that. She also knows were the items are. “

I watched the group silently as my finger idly played with the blade in my pocket. “How can you be so sure? How do you know my memories aren’t gone forever, my knowledge lost. “I half asked gripping the end of my blade.

“Don’t doubt yourself, Abigail. You’ve already proved you can overcome the spell and remember. You remembered me and Jareth, you can remember more.” Lucas said, trying to encourage me. I just can’t fathom how I could remember a whole lifetime in such little time. Sighing I looked at my cast. “What about all my broken bones, I can’t fight with a broken arm.” I asked looking back up at my newfound brother.

“All your injuries are already healed; we all heal fast, just a little slower than werewolves. However, a heck of a lot faster than humans. All your broken bones would of healed fast if it weren’t for the medicine you took. The circled cast a spell on it so you would heal like a human. Also you other functions would slow.” Jareth explained.

“Functions?” I asked looking at Jareth with a confused look.

“Well, we run and heal like werewolves, we’re like vampires becau-“

“We drink blood?!” I interrupted, half terrified.

“No, the sun makes us stronger, like moon does for them. Fairies, we get their ability to posses enchanted objects. Like that blade you’re playing with.” Jareth Finished I was quiet then trying to piece together how any of this is possible. I still feel like I’m dreaming, but I understand now that none of this is simply a dream.

“How is any of this possible?” I asked

“Why is the earth round, why do we call a phone a phone?” Another man said.” Its just how the world was created. How we were created. “

“Enough questions.” Lucas declared. “We need to celebrate the return of our great leader.’’ Sounds of agreement came from the even larger group. “Let’s head off then!” Lucas exclaimed before everyone dispersed.

“Don’t worry.” Jareth said, leaning down to talk in my ear. “It will all work out some how.” He leaned back up, walked in the direction of the others, and turned back to me. “Come on now.” He urged. I smiled and walked over to him. “On and we’ll get you out of the cast later tonight, don’t you worry.” I swallowed hard, and he must of heard, because he started to laugh. A laugh I remember I used to be very fond of.
♠ ♠ ♠
Any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of action based on above, is strictly prohibited.

© 2010 The Only Exception

Oh My. Look whos back from the dead. I so sorry I didn't mean to leave you hanging. I just had marching band and many other activities but I will have more chapters soon.

A Big Thank you to anyone who will and have reviewed!