Status: Active, but school is making it hard to update.

Danger

Chapter Ten

I rubbed my arm, red from the recent injury and the fact that they smashed the cast off. Cursing as I rubbed over a bruise, Jareth spoke, “I’m sorry I didn’t think it would hurt you so much.”

“Well you did take a hammer to my arm.” I stated bitterly.

“Don’t be such a baby.” He replied with a chuckle. Rolling my eyes, I followed him into the room I was suppose to be staying in. Earlier that night we celebrated my return. We sat around a fire drinking and enjoying each other’s company. All eyes were on me, it was annoying, I couldn’t remember anyone and they were all expecting me too. It was a very uncomfortable evening.

Sighing, I looked at Jereth who fell silent and looked as if he were in deep thought. “Are you alright?” I asked placing a hand on his shoulder. He jumped a bit at the contact before placing a hand over mine.

“I’m fine.” He said in a soft voice before removing his hand. “Here’s your room.” Opening the door, he turned on the lights and shoved me through the doorway.

“What was that for?” I asked, but he simply shrugged and sat down on the bed. I slowly looked around the large room. There were two beds pressed against the far wall. In between them was a large brown side table, on the table stood a white lamp. Two couches faced each other on the other wall. My gaze fell to the table separating them sat, on top of that table resided a phone. “Who am I sharing a room with?” I asked, going to sit on the other bed.

“You’re going to share with me.” Jereth stated shyly after a moment of silence. “Unless you feel uncomfortable, I could always find another room.”

I just looked at him for a moment, he must of thought I meant to get out. Because he stood, nodded, and started to head for the door. “You can stay, just don’t try anything. By the way, you don’t happen to have any PJ’s do you?” I asked, a smiled returned to his lips as he headed to the other side of the room were a tall dresser pressed itself against the wall. He pulled out a green pair of Pj’s and threw the garments at me. The items fell to my feet with a small thump.

“You lost your coordination. “ He said with a small smile, “Oh, and those are yours.” After pulling out another set of nightclothes, he headed to a second door. “I’ll change in the bathroom, alright? Knock when you’re finished.” As I picked the clothing off the ground the door shut. I sighed and laid them down on the bed. Quickly, I pulled off my shirt and threw it to the ground. I picked up the other shirt, and tugged it of my head. It fit so well, it had to be mine. As I went to unbutton my jeans a loud bang came from the bathroom.

“I’m not done yet.” I yelled toward the door, yet other bang came from inside. Sighing, I kicked off my jeans and pulled on my other pants. Stumbling over the pants, I finally made to the door. A curse word flew out of my mouth as I mumble about being inpatient. I gasped after opening the door, Jareth was on the floor in a crumpled mess. “Jareth! Are you okay?” I asked running to him.

“Yeah.” He said as he painfully got up.

“What happened?” I asked placing a hand on the small of his back, and another on his shoulder. He looked at me, his eyes searching my face for something. After a long while, he sighted and turned away. “Nothing that concerns you.”

“Well we’re all in this together, and I am the leader of this group after all.” I stated, getting up and extending my hand.

“It’s just a dumb curse.” He replied taking my hand and standing up.

“What curse?” I asked Looking up into his eyes.

“You were there, just remember.” He stated softly, it was almost a whisper. His hand came up, as if to touch my face, but stopped about an inch away. Dropping his hand, he sighed, “Just remember Abs.” He spoke again before walking past me and into the other room. After a moment, I walked into the other room and climbed into bed. “Goodnight,” I whispered. There was a small murmur back before I fell into a deep sleep.

I stood in a field of flowers with Jareth standing beside me. My head turned quickly as black cloaked figures appeared around us. One of them could be heard mumbling something; then Jareth fell to the ground. His side bled out as I jumped to my feet and pulled out a knife shouting something. I stepped forward, but stopped when Jareth cried out in pain again. Kneling down, I cradled his head tears falling from my eyes. I said something, it seemed like ‘why?’, but the figures chuckled. My eyes widen, before looking down at the man in my arms, I said something else before kissing him. After standing, I walked away with the cloaked people leaving Jareth behind.

I shot up out of bed, my breath coming in short, harsh pants. The dream seemed so real, it was frightening. Unfortunately, I woke up Jareth. “What’s wrong?” Jareth asked, his voice heavey with sleep.

“Just a bad dream” I replied, “It wasn’t that bad, just disturbing.”

“It was most likely a memory.” He stated, “Most of you’re memories were gruesome.” Getting up, he grabbed a pillow and walked over to my bed. “Lay down.” he said, pushing me over so he could lay down too. Bitting my lip, I lay down and closed my eyes. Sleep soon captured me again.

I woke up the next day with Jareth’s arms wrapped around my middle. It didn’t bother me at all, especially after what I learn about the curse. Slowly I shifted trying to get out without waking him up, but that didn’t go as planned. The warm arm around my middle was gone, as he needed to rub the sleep from his eyes. “Why do you always have to wake up so early?” he asked sitting up. Looking around I spotted a clock on the bedside table.

“Its 10:30 not early at all.” I replied

“Early for me.” He stated, “Oh what were you mumbling about last night?”

“Mumbling?” I asked

“You’ve never mumbled in your sleep before.” He said brushing my hair back. The motion was so soft so caring; it was as if he thought I would break.

“It was all the dreams... The memories.” I answered. I looked up at him all the memories about us burned themselves into my brain.

“You remembered more?” He asked with a hopeful smile.

“I remember a whole lot of people and a few battles.” I replied, I also remembered a lot about you. “You’re curse came up a few times. Doesn’t it hurt?”

“Yeah, but it’s worth it.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of action based on above, is strictly prohibited.

© 2010 The Only Exception