Status: Active, but school is making it hard to update.

Danger

Chapter One

Waking up here in this room is a pain, Its plain white walls get annoying after three days. The constant non-straight answers from the doctors, the pumping of meds in my veins that sent me into dreamless sleep. The beeping of the machines, was getting on my final nerve, why did I have to be here? Why did this happen to me? How did this happen? I wanted all these questions answered, but no one could.

Police officers came and went, asking the same questions, over again. But, I couldn’t answer them. I didn’t know anything about the event, just that I woke up under a car and a blurred face pulled me from under it. The thought of the face always made me feel strange, I would never know who my hero was. I wanted to thank him and get some answers as well. But I would never get the chances.

I sighed as a young, male officer came into the room. He was cheerful, with color in his cheeks, smile on his face, and a twinkle in his eyes. It kind made my stomach sink to see someone so happy while I’m here in hell on earth. Sitting down in a chair next to me he pulled out a pen and pad of paper.” Is there anyone who would want to hurt you?” The officer asked in a kind voice.

Sighing, I shook my head, and gasped at the pain that shot up my body. “I don’t think so.” I answered.

“Miss, do you even know you’re name?” he asked raising a brow.

“Of Course!” I yelled in shock, “It’s Jane, Jane Carton.”

He could tell I was getting annoyed, the color drained from his face clearing his throat, He said,” Just making sure, now just get you’re rest, you need it.” He rose and left, without saying another word.

I can’t rest anymore, I’m sick of resting; I want to go home. Sighing, I closed my eyes and moved my arm, which was a bad idea. I sucked in a sharp breath. It must be broken, I thought to myself. Even though I’ve asked many times, but never gotten a straight answer. Someone must of heard my intake of breath, because a the white coated man showed up again. “Are you okay Miss.”

“My body hurts that’s all.” I said bitterly, I could see it cut through him like acid, “When are you doctors going to tell me what’s wrong, and when I can go home?” I asked raising a brow.

He swallow regaining himself, “We’ve told you, already Miss. Carton.”

“No, you’ve haven’t, not a straight answer.” I stated coldly, giving him a look I noticed him sigh.

“Okay, look, you have a broken arm, some broken ribs, bruised skin, two broken toes a cracked skull, and you might have some memory loss.” He spoke fast, “Now rest.”
I was about to nodded but then remember the pain that came with it. “Alright,” I stated and closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

Two weeks went by, which seemed like two years here. The weeks were filled with therapy and painkillers. I just want to go home. Just then one doctor came in and unhooked the thousands of cords connected to me. “What’s going on?’ I asked looking at him with a confused look.

“You can go home, today.” He stated checking off my chart and leaving. Those words, are like music to my ears.
♠ ♠ ♠
Any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of action based on above, is strictly prohibited.

© 2009 The Only Exception