Status: Active, but school is making it hard to update.

Danger

Chapter Two

The long awaited walk home was peaceful. The birds were singing, leaves fling, children playing, a perfect day. You can smell the change from summer to autumn in the air. The sun was shyly, peaking out of the clouds, guiding my way home. The crisp air tickled my skin, inhaling, I let out a peaceful sigh.

I loved days like this, and to be out of the hell was the best time to have one of these days. Walking out of the hospital I got “Fair well Miss.” And “I glad you’re feeling better,” countless times. I hated when people were overly friendly, it just didn’t seem right. One even asked if I need a ride home, psh, as if I was going to let some stranger near my house.

Walking down the street, I got looks from passing people, and I didn’t know why. I was in normal clothes my friend, Samantha, brought me, I just couldn’t see why I would get all these stares of confusion and astonishment. I walked by a news stand and found out why, on the front page it stated,

“Girl hit by car and lives! See page twenty three for whole story.”

And there was my picture and name, don’t you need to be asked to for you’re picture to end up in the news? Shaking my head with little pain I walked faster down the road lined with cars. Car, I’ll have to get a new one. I thought to myself. Lost in thought I got stopped by a man, that looked about the age of thirty, his eyes were a light blue, blond hair cut in a shaggy do. A concerned look crossed his face, “Are you alright Miss?” He asked.

“Yeah, I am just going home.” I answered with a touch of ice queen. I’m totally fed up with that question everyone seems to be asking it. The blond headed man’s cheeks flushed, as he stepped out of my way and ran down the road. Odd much? I thought to myself, shaking my head I moved toward my house.

Stumbling down my drive, I walked up to my door. I dug around in my pocket for the key to open the door, and sighed when it wasn’t there, “There has to be another one somewhere.” I mumbled to myself. Looking in every flowerpot, I finally managed to find the spare.

Slipping the key into the tiny keyhole, I turned it to the left and heard a click. The sound of leaves pulled me out of my tasked, turning fast, my hand fell to my chest where my heart was beating rapidly. A dark figure appeared, gasping in shock, my mind spun, what was happening? I could see him shaking; I wasn’t sure if he was crying, laughing or just plain old shaking from the chill in the air or scared.

My heart beat filled my ears,” Who are you?” I asked in a frightened voice.

The dark man let out a soft, but sharp, laugh and came near, his foot steps sounded like drums. Stopping a few feet in front of me, there I could see an outline underneath his hood, a well-rounded face and a small grin. “Who are you?” I asked once more.

“Not important,” a ruff voice said, from underneath the hood, “But what is, is that you’re in danger.” Before I could say anything, he turned and walked away. I waited a few seconds before my legs would work, but when they finally did, it was too late. The hooded man disappeared into the fall afternoon.

I sighed as I returned to my door, turning the knob I thought about what had just happened. It freaked me out, before closing the door I looked down the street, looking for any signs of danger.
♠ ♠ ♠
Any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of action based on above, is strictly prohibited.

© 2009 The Only Exception

Chapter 3(:
hope you enjoy it.