Status: Active, but school is making it hard to update.

Danger

Chapter Six

My heart thudded in my chest, Why is he here? I asked myself. My mind raced, searching for an answer, and the man, my hero, sat there watching me through my thought process. I cannot show any fear. If I do, he might think something I told myself bravely, while clutching my bag, which was carelessly draped over my shoulder, I stared at him with my green eyes, my blond hair a wild mess from the walk home. “Who are you?” I asked in a clear voice.

The man stood to his full height; he looked about six feet tall, and walked toward me. “Who are you?” I asked once more backing up as he moved forward. My back it the wall with a thud, as my bag hit the floor spilling out the items inside. My breathing increased, as did my heart rate, as he took each step. His steps sounded heavy and more like stomping on the wooden floor of my living room. With each movement, his brown hair swayed covering and uncovering his deep blue eyes.

“Who am I?” the man finally spook, his blue eyes shinned with humor, concern and some other emotion I could not read.” I am here to help you, and as I stated before my name is of no importance. I know you may not want my help, or think you don’t need it, but trust me, Jane Carton, you need me more than anyone else.”

“Well I know I don’t need it nor want your help.” I spat out, a tad freaked that he was in my home, and he knew my name. The man continued his advance; he kept his eyes on mine trying to get his point across. I refuse to let this man, make a fool out of me. I stated in my mind.

“Oh really?” he paused, “Is that why your arm is in a cast? Why you ended up under a car, how you have broken ribs and lost parts of your memory?” He questioned stopping his advance a few inches from me. The man gave a small touching smile as he touched my broken arm softly, surprisingly it didn’t hurt, “And yesterday at the store what would you have done without me there to save you? Just let the man hurt you and walk away with it, wait for the cops?” he looked down at my arm then back in my eyes.

“I could have managed if you given me time to do so,” I replied, “What do you mean by memory loss?”

“You’re questions will be answered soon, Jane. There is more pressing matters at stake.” He stated a bit jumpy and with a bit of fear in his voice.

“Like what?” I asked, playing along. This dude is either really messed up or has some crazy imagination. I thought looking into those beautiful eyes, waiting for an answer.

“They’re after you,” her stated simply looking down at the ground, then back at me.

“Who?” I asked utterly lost by the statement and his being.

“The Order,” the man answered looking at me with piercing eyes, which made me look away. Why is he looking at me like that?

“The Order? Why are they after me?” I questioned looking anywhere and everywhere except his face. I could feel his gaze on me.

“Because of your past and destiny”
♠ ♠ ♠
Any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of action based on above, is strictly prohibited.

© 2009 The Only Exception