Status: Active, but school is making it hard to update.

Danger

Chapter Seven

I stared at him in utter shock. This guy is crazy! I do not have any idea of what he talking about, and he’s looking at me like I should have all the answers. I thought to myself. My hero just watched me, his eyes burning through mine. “What do you mean by that?” I asked, trying to understand him, I owed him that much.

“You, Jane, are part of an organization that went against the order. The name of this group is the Asparas. You my have heard the term used to describe a type of mythical creature, but that’s just a myth. Jane, you we’re the soul founder and leader of the Asparas, and I your right hand man.” He explained and my mind race, questions and theories ran through my head like wild buffalo. The overflow of questions messed with my thought processes sending me into a mild shock.

“That can’t be true, you must have the wrong Jane,” I stated, over emphasized on the word must,” There are so many Jane cartons in this city, much less the world. “ I finished. I tried to move away by sliding to the side, but he caught my shoulders and held me still.

The man looked across, my bruised face, the bruises stood out on my pale face, even though they were covered in make up. A pained expression painted his every feature, “You’re the right Jane.” He stated, sadness intertwined his every word.

“Can I sit down? My legs are starting to hurt.” I asked dumbly, Might as well sit if all he’s going to do is stare I thought to myself.

“Oh, right.” He replied regaining his composure; he let go of my shoulders and back away. I walked past my hero and took a seat on my cream-colored love seat. “Do you wish to hear the rest, or shall I stop?” he asked; sitting on the opposite side of myself.

“Sure, why not?” I asked, setting my hands in my lap.

The man looked at me unsteady with beating eyes as I fiddled with my hands. Finally, the man looked away, took an unsteady breath to match his gaze, and began. “The Asparas and the Order were going through a great war, many people were lost, friends and family begged for the fighting to stop. That is when you declared this needed to stop, but the order didn’t want to stop until the Asparas was no more. The only way for it to dissipate was to make you disappear. You sacrificed yourself for us about six months ago, to save all of us and stop the fighting. The order erased your memory, even though they promised they wouldn’t and dumped you here. In New York.” He paused,” They filled you with false memories, gave you a fake name, life, family and friends. All you know is a lie-“

“How do I know you’re not lying?” I asked, cutting him off. “ I don’t even know your name, so how can I trust you?”

He shifted in his chair, his breath becoming more unsteady,” You tell me, after all we are best friends, we have been since we were three years old. I doubt you would remember.”

I blinked,” You’re right on one thing, I don’t remember you, at all.” I replied, his man is really starting to freak me out. I thought to myself, my face probably giving my thoughts away, like ink on paper. “You must be mistake, because, I would remember my best friend since I was three, and I do. Her name is Holly.”

“I told you, I’m not mistaken” He stated, rage and sadness made his voice thick. “You are the right on, your name is Jane Elisabeth Caron, but your true name is Abigail Jane Fairchild. I know you’ve have thoughts about having a daughter named Abigail, and that’s because that’s your name.

“How..? And Fairchild, that sounds like some name from Harry Potter.” I stated sarcastically, my eyes match my tone of voice. I tried to hid my shock of how he knew my fantasy of child names.

“But its true!” the name exclaimed, his eyes widing. As he did this a memory came into mind; A little boy doing the same thing as he stared at me with those same blue eyes. “Jane?” The man asked with a concerned voice and expression.

“I’m fine, so why do you want me to know all this?” I asked sitting back my eyes burned with questions and humor.

“Because we need you Abigail, they went back on their word. The war is beginning again, and without you we will surely lose. We’ve already lost many.” He stated, looking into her eyes; that is when she noticed he was telling the truth, his eyes spoke it.

“Why me?” I asked,” why can’t you get someone else? They would know what they’re doing.”

“They can’t do what you can, you’re one of the most powerful of our kind. Also you have guts, and a lot of them. No one would even dare to think about talking out of turn when approaching the Order, but you fought them.” The man explained looking at the bruises on my face, and then in my eyes again.

“What exactly is ‘our’ kind?” I asked, “Also, what’s with you always looking into my eyes? Its really starting to freak me out.”

“Our kind is called lux patronus, translated as Light protector or protector of light. The light we protect is everything that lies with in peaceful, happiness, and most importantly life.” He explained with laughing eyes,” I stare at you because; I know it makes you listen better Abigail.” He looked at me as I pondered on this. listen better? I asked myself. “Enough sitting around, we need to get out of here before they-..” he was cut off by a loud bang as my living room wall came crashing in.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, I know, its been a LONG time since I updated, but I have been so busy.
But I got it Chapter Seven, where you find out a little bit about the hero and more about Jane!
So I hope you enjoy it. Oh, and by the way this chapter goes out to Seal, Savannah, and Imagin27!

Any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of action based on above, is strictly prohibited.

© 2010 The Only Exception