Status: Active, but school is making it hard to update.

Danger

Chapter Eight

A dog-like beast followed my wall. The beast growled; came slowly over its teeth bared, and its hair stood on end. “Abigail get behind me!” the man exclaimed, I did as told ignoring the fact that he used the wrong name. He fiddled with his belt and pulled out a small silver object. The object glittered as he inhaled and exhaled; it had a sharp edge, that’s we I noticed it was a knife.

The Creature shook, as if to chuckle, “oh look, the knight found his princess once again, how romantic and sickening. “ The beast growled out, “You know that’s forbidden don’t you, Nightwine? Or did you just forget, or maybe you just think you live above the rules.” My hero stiffened, but kept his cold glare on the beast.

“Jerimiyaah of the Northern tribe, to what do I own this pleasant visit?” He asked putting a protective arm out to block me from the creature.

“Do I really need a reason to see my only half brother? Jareth, how cruel of you to think I came here for any other reason, but to think I came to say hello. Tisk, tisk, where are your manners?” The beast grinned as her turned into a man, his transformation was indescribable, but his appearance after words was heartbreaking. He had the same eyes as my hero; his hair was dark just like my hero’s, but you could tell a difference Jerimiyaah was a bit taller and a little heavier set than my hero. Then it hit me.

“Jareth?” I asked looking to my hero’s beautiful eyes.

“Why Abigail, how could you forget your best friend’s name? You’ve known eachother since diapers and have connected by the hip since anyone could remember. Some friend you have here brother.” The man called Jerimaiyaah stated causing me to glare; he chuckled and turned back to Jareth. “You’ve two broken the rules again, and you will be punished,” he paused,” but before your punishment, the order would love to have a good talk with Abigail and yourself half brother.”

“Why me, I have nothing to do with them.” I stated looking at the man, and grabbing on the Jareth’s arm.

“I think you know that’s not entirely true.” Jerimaiyaah stated darkly, “You must come now if we’re going to make it before sunset.”

“You’re not taking her,” my hero, Jareth, stated backing me up.

“Brother, you can’t go against the Order, you can’t afford to. After all Asparas is no more, you have no back up, only this memory less girl you have there.” Jerimaiyaah replied walking forward as we backed up, He chuckled and shrunk onto his knees and turning to a frightening beast yet again. I yelped as my head it a picture frame, I gulped, that meant we had no space to back up. My yelp earned a growl from Jerimaiyaah.

“What are we going to do?” I asked tightening my already hard grip on my hero’s arm, he looked back at me then at his knife. Suddenly he threw the knife on the ground and brilliant light incased us.

“Hold on to me.” He commanded as growls of protest and anger came from beyond the light. I let go of his arm and wrapped my arms around his middle, and closed my eyes as I felt us move. If was about three minutes later when Jareth chuckled, “You can let go now.” I opened my eyes and gasped, my home had disappeared and had been replaced with an amazing forest. If felt like a fairytale, there was even a cottage to match. Moss clung to the cottage’s front, which made it even prettier.

“Where are we?” I asked letting go of him.

“Home.” He stated, “We build this ourselves, it’s our base, home, and sanctuary.”

“Really?” I asked, and then I remember something. “How did we get here? I mean, we were JUST at my home, how did we get here?”

“Magic,” he stated and pulled his knife out of the ground. “This knife is enchanted; all you have to do is picture where you want to go, throw the it on the ground and poof you’re there.”

“Its like the lighting thief book but It has stones, not knifes.” I stated once he handed me the knife,” Why are you giving this to me?”

“Well, it is yours.” He stated simply,” and the lighting thief is just a book, nothing more.” I frowned and looking at the again, it was small and it had a carving, AJF. “Oh, that’s your initials.” He stated looking at me with smiling eyes. I smiled and put the knife in my pocket, uncaring if it hurt me at the moment. “We better go inside now; the others might come out looking for us or back to your house that’s most likely infested with Wolfs at the moment."

I swallowed hard, There are more of them? I looked toward the cottage.”Alright, let’s go.” I said nervously, suddenly he grabbed my hand and smoothed it out before leading me to the cottage.

“Relax this is where you belong, Abigail.” He said soothingly.

“How can I relax?! I’m far away from home, where there’s a WOLFTHING, with a lus paston or whatever the heck you call yourself. On top of that I’ve had to many near death experiences in the last week that someone has had in their life. How can I relax, how can anyone relax?!” I ranted as he pulled me toward the cottage.

“Lux partous, and this is your home, has been for awhile.” He stated motioning around,” Now come on before more ‘Wolfthings’ show up.” I gulped and closed my mouth as Jareth opened the door to the cottage and dragged me inside. As we entered the cottage, I couldn’t believe my eyes; the inside of the house was huge, it looked like a castle with a grand staircase that connected the three floors.
“Hello?” a female voice called out from the large circular stair case.

“Who’s that?” I asked.

“That’s Mabel Samson,” Jareth stated as a young woman with long curly hair came down the stairwell. She was wearing tight jeans and a belt full of knifes, guns and other items as well. Her hair flopped around with each step as she grew closer and closer.

“Is she a Lux Patron as well?” I asked in a quiet voice that I could barely hear.

“Yes, I am silly.” She answered with a smile on her face, “Only Lux Paxtrons can come into this cottage. Also how could you not know that I was! We’ve only know each other since grade school.” Jareth glared at her with cold eyes, “Oh that’s right,” she stated in a quiet voice.

I shifted uncomfortably, and looked at Jareth who sighed and spoke, “I think you should go tell the others we’re here.” Mabel nodded and walked back up the steps, her hair swaying again.

“Do I know her?’ I asked looking at her leaving and back at Jareth.

“You know everyone here; after all you are the leader. Jareth stated.” You don’t remember anything at all do you?”

I shook my head,” I don’t, not at all.” I tried to remember something, maybe to piece this together but I came up blank, until I blacked out and a picture of a group of teenagers came into my line of sight. They’re were laughing and having fun, roasting marshmallows and feeding each other. There was a blond headed girl in the middle, and I knew from just looking at her. She was me.

I blinked as a hand flew across my line of sight. I just shook it off and walked toward the photo. “That’s me.”

“Yes that’s you, and there I am.” He pointed to a boy sitting right next to me laughing. where was this from? It looks so close to a photo of high school soccer team and I.

“This was a celebration, of our first victory wasn’t it?” I asked, curious, and looked at him, who was smiling big. “You’re remembering.”

“No, just guessing.” I stated looking closed at the photo, all was silent until a voice came from behind.

“Welcome home little sis.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of action based on above, is strictly prohibited.

© 2010 The Only Exception

A little bit of a twist, but atleast you get the heros name! Okay, I will try from now on to post updates for this story on Sundays, Johnny's Story on Wensdays and Fairytales on Firdays. I just need to give myself deadlines. I am working on days I will update my other stories.

Anyways, hopefully you enjoyed this installment and hopefully the length makes up for it...? Blame school, theres so much work its not even funny.

This chapter is dedicated to my dearest friends who push me to write this, and Imagin27 and xDorksXareXcoolx for reading and reviewing my work.

Until next time.

-♥ The Only Exception