Status: done.

Stir-Crazy

015

It was the third Saturday since the fight, and Jake and I still weren’t on speaking terms.

It was raining, as usual, and I felt especially glum.

I was curled up in my bed reading one of the many trashing novels I had bought with Jake, when I heard my mother’s shrill voice calling me.

I sighed and threw back my comforter, before bounding down the steps.

My mood immediately changed.

My mother and John were sitting on the loveseat and Cora sat on the sofa across from them.

John has his arm around my mother, and for a minute, he actually looked like he was proud of her, and almost like…a father.

My mother smiled widely upon seeing me, before asking me to take a seat. I sat down next to Cora, my body sinking into the soft leather.

I glanced at Cora, silently asking her if she knew what was going on. She just shrugged.

She was just as confused as I was.

“Okay, your father and I were talking a while ago…”

“’And?” My eyebrows furrowed in worry.

Were we moving?

“You tell her, Sue.”

“No, you tell her John!”

“Sue…”

“We’re having a baby!” My mother blurted out and my eyes widened.

WHAT?

I couldn’t help but glance at Cora, and for a minute she was extremely still.

And the next thing I know, she propelled out of her seat and onto my mother, squealing and hugging her.

“I’m so happy for you, Sue!”

And now, I was confused.

Befuddled.

Worried.

Puzzled.

Had Cora finally lost it?

She hated our family

And now she’s congratulating my mother because she got impregnated by John?!

Why the hell would you want a miniature John?

After Cora had given her blessings or whatever, my new family turned to me expectantly.

What was I supposed to do? Kiss my mother’s feet?!

“That’s…great.” I smiled weakly, still taking it all in.

How long had she beencarrying the spawn of the devil pregnant? I asked my mother this, and she was quick to answer.

“The clinic called a week ago and told us. We wanted to wait for the right time, with Cora studying so hard and you always going out.”

“I don’t always go out. And Cora hasn’t been studying!”
“Lainey!” John warned, and I was taken aback.

John had spoken a total of two phrases to me, which included the oh-so-civilized ‘Hello’ and ‘pass the peas’, so him actually speaking more than one sentence scared me.

“Your mother is very happy right now, don’t ruin this for her.”

“Sorry” I muttered, watching in disgust as my mother cradled her stomach.

“When are you due?”

“Early August.”

“Oh.”

“I’m so happy!” Cora giggled, an actual smile on her face. I was going to explode. “I can’t wait to tell Jacob!”

And that was where I broke.

The mention of his name sent a pull at my heart, and I just wanted to escape.

Cora excused herself to tell Jacob the ‘adorable news’ while I just sat there, staring at my new parents. They blinked back at me.

And then I bolted to my room.

[ x o x o]

I stared at her.

“This is Sam.” He introduced her like she was the best candy in the world. I stared at her.

She was pretty beautiful.

She had long chestnut hair, tumbling loosely down her shoulders. Her eyes were a emerald green with flecks of yellow and brown. She smiled, showing a row of pearly white teeth.

“Hi, it’s so good to meet you.” She said, with a thick Australian accent.

What was a girl like that doing in Forks?

Seth had called me an hour earlier, because Sam was free and he wanted me to meet her.

I wasn’t in the best mood and it took all my might not to snap at him to go away, but considering that he was Seth, I somehow found myself sitting in a coffeehouse in Forks, on the street that Samantha lived.

“You too.”

I forced a smile, realizing that she probably didn’t know that I was Seth’s ex-girlfriend. By the look in his eye, I was correct. The waitress tottered towards our table before taking our orders.

“So where are you from?” she asked me, attempting to make polite conversation.

“Chicago.” I muttered.

“I’m from Australia.”

No duh.

“Cool.”

“I like your top.” Thanks.

I hated this top.

“I like your shoes.” They were hideous.

“Can I talk to Lainey for a sec?” Seth asked to nobody in particular before grabbing my arm and dragging me out of earshot of the our table.

“What is up with you?” he hissed.

“Nothing.”

“Why are you so depressed?”

“I’m not depressed.”

“Lainey.”

“Seth.”

“Lainey.”

“Seth.”

“Uh!”

“Boohoo.”

“Will you just try harder to get to know her? Please? For me?”

“Fine.”

And I did.

Try harder I mean.

But I couldn’t be perfect, so what did he want me to do?

Try. Harder.
♠ ♠ ♠
New Layout :)
8 comments= 1 update
i know can do it
Please make my day!
I'm exhausted and havebeen studying for the past 2 hours. AND I updated. With a new layout and everything!
Sorry about Lainey's mood :D