Status: done.

Stir-Crazy

018

“What’s going on?“

I emerged from the hallway, to see Jacob looking up at me in surprise.

“How long have you been there?”

“Long enough to hear about the break up.”

No point being subtle.

“Oh.”

“Why did you break up with her?”

“What?”

“Why did you break up with Cora?”

‘It wasn’t working out.”

“Don’t give me that crap.” I glared at him. “I know something happened.”

“I think you need to sit down for this.”

I did as I was told and sat across from him, anticipating what he was going to say.

“There is such a thing that happens in the shape-shifting pack, called imprinting. It’s when a werewolf finds their soul mate. They say that we imprint on people who have strong werewolf genes.”

I nodded, vaguely remembering Seth telling me this.

“When I met you, that day in Cora’s bedroom…I knew that I had imprinted on you. But then I realized that you weren’t just an imprint. You were my girlfriend’s little sister. So, I tried to stay away, but it was pretty hard. When we imprint on someone, they become our world.

We can’t help but to be close to them and protect them.”

It slowly clicked together, and I let out a muffled “Ugh.”

“I was going to break up with Cora at school, but then I found out that you were dating Seth. And at first I was furious. I wanted to beat the shit out of him. It’s supposed to be against the rules to date another werewolf’s imprint if you are in the same pack. When I talked to Seth, he said that he thought that I had decided to be with Cora, and that it is possible to reject an imprint if the imprint wants to be just friends.”

He paused to take a breath.

“And then I thought that maybe, just maybe you could date Seth and I could date Cora, and we could forget about this. Like maybe, if you dated someone else, you would be off limits. And you were, and it was okay.”

“But then Samantha came along.”

He sighed.

“But then Samantha came along. And Seth left you for her. He actually followed the rules, and stayed within the imprinting rules. He loved you though. I just got so upset when I went to talk to him though and he told me he broke up with you. I punched him, which was how he got the black eye. Not only did he hurt you which caused me enough pain as it is, but he told me that I should break up with Cora and be with you. I agreed though, because Seth was right. So I was going to break up with Cora, and then you showed up at my door.”

“And I had a fit.”

“And you had a fit.” He smiled, and I realized he wasn’t saying this in a harsh way. “So now, I was still stuck with Cora. I mean, you hated my guts. So, I stayed home for a while, and Billy could tell that you and I had a fight. He said I had become depressed. And then you went missing. And I almost had a heart attack. And then I found you. We watched the movie, had the dinner and I woke up this morning, know that I had the last straw. And I knew then that I really couldn’t stay with Cora any longer. This whole relationship had been going on for too long. So I broke up with her.”

“You’re serious?”

“I’m serious.”

“Jake…”

“I just have to know one thing though, before you say anything.”

“I-I…”

“Would you like to be soul mate or be just friends?”

“I-I…” I stared at him, speechless. He stared back. His eyes searched mine, hoping for an answer.

“I need to know.” He pleaded, and I made my decision.

“Yes.”

“What?”

“Yes. I’ll be your imprint.”

And it was like we were married.

And then…he kissed me.

My mind was spinning as he crashed his lips on to mine.

His lips were rough, and he kissed me with an urgency, like he had wanted this for so long.

He wrapped his arms around me, the warmth engulfing me. And I was on fire.

Jacob was everywhere, and his tall figure engulfed my small one.

And I knew I had made the right choice.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know its a bit of a filler, but I felt like I needed to write it to clear things up. They're finally together, but just letting you know this isn't the end. It's my story, and I'm writing it how I want to. I appreciate criticizism, but remember. If you don't like it, don't read it. Simple.
5 comments=an update.