Status: done.

Stir-Crazy

020

I heard the familiar purr of an engine, and I flew down the stairs.

"Bye guys!" I screeched to my mostly empty house.

I smiled widely as I saw Jacob standing near his motorcycle, a sleek black vehicle, looking as sexy as ever and grinning.

Jacob had been giving me rides to school for the past few days.

We didn't know where our relationship stood. I wasn't exactly his girlfriend, but I'd say we were pretty close judging by the closeness of our date.

After we had returned from the beach, Jacob had apologized for being so 'frisky', claiming that he didn't know what came over him. I had laughed him off and told him that I wasn't exactly complaining. He had just smiled.

Today, Jake was giving me a ride to school again, though it was definitely a different ride than usual.

"Hey." I grinned, leaning up to give him a kiss on the cheek.

"Hey." He smile stretched even wider as he saw me approaching.

"Nice ride." I motioned to the vehicle and he nodded.

"Yeah, I guess so." He laughed, reaching to the side to get a helmet. "For you m'lady."

"Thanks." I put it on, but couldn’t get the strap to stay closed.

"Need some help?" he teased and I nodded helplessly, giving him the best puppy-dog look I could muster.

He laughed and his warm hands cupped my chin, clipping the two straps together swiftly.

"I feel pathetic now." I muttered, embarrassed and his musical laughter filled the air.

"You shouldn't be." He smirked, before gesturing to the vehicle.

He showed me how to get on, and I managed to clumsily stumble on. I wrapped my arms around his waist which was incredibly warm, and he took off. The motorcycle whirred to life, and the next thing I know, we're gliding through the streets.

Sooner than it would have taken for the Rabbit, we arrived at school. I hopped off and Jacob parked, before following me inside.

We were the latest gossip for the past few days, and I knew that anytime a couple 'hooked up', the news spread as fast as wildfire.

Whispers and stares were sent in our direction and I snuck a look at Jacob, only to see him with the same smirk on his face as usual.

"Are they together?" A girl in my biology class whispered.

"I think so." Another guy replied. "She's hot though. If he doesn't take her, I will."

A blush crept on my face, but I kept my gaze on the newly-polished floor in front of me.

Jacob obviously heard them, as I felt his warm hand on the small of my back. I looked back at him, and noticed him guarding me protectively and glaring at the guy.

"Getting territorial?" I joked but noticed that he was extremely serious.

"You have no idea." He muttered, his voice low, and in a tone I had never heard before.

We entered our first class which happened to be a class we had together, Literature. I spotted Leah almost immediately.

She waved me over, and I braced myself for a reaction when I chose to sit next to Jacob instead, but she didn't look the least bit surprised. She just scooped up her book bag and sat on the other side of me.

"Hi." She said.

"Hey." I smiled. "You aren't mad about me hanging out with Jacob?"

"Whatever." Leah shrugged, in her Leah-way. This was a good sign. "You know how we're werewolves."

"So?"

"So, we have this thing, where we can read each other's thoughts when we're in wolf-form…"

"And?"

"And, when Jacob was on patrol, I kinda figured you two had a thing."

"Why?"

"Because he couldn't stop thinking about you. It was 'Lainey this' and 'Lainey that'. Lainey's hair is so brilliant. Lainey's smile is so gorgeous. Lainey's lips are so soft. I swear. It felt like I was the one who was on the date with you. Sorry girl, but I don't feel that way about you."

"Leah!" Jacob hissed, his face turning a bright red.

"It's true." Leah shrugged before popping her gum.

I glanced at Jacob wide eyed, but he just slouched in his seat, trying to get as low under the desk as a six-foot-five person could get.

"I think it's cute." I said finally.

Jacob glanced at me, a small smile forming on his face, like a sad puppy who just found his owner. He was so adorable.

"Really?" Leah asked, a disgusted look on her face. "Well, it wasn't cute when I had to walk around La Push thinking about you and your apple scented shampoo." It was my turn to blush.

"Shut up, Leah!" Jacob and I both muttered, and she just shrugged, turning her attention to the teacher who just walked in.

"You guys are like a married couple, I swear."

"No we're not!" Jake and I protested at the exact same time.

"My point exactly." She said. "I'm surprised you guys haven't broken up at least once yet."

"We haven't gone out."

"You guys aren't boyfriend and girlfriend?" She raised an eyebrow, and she almost looked surprised.

"No…?"

"That's not what April Yearwood said."

"Well April Yearwood is wrong." I scoffed.

"Well you guys sure act like you're a couple."

"We're taking things slow." Jacob said.

"Well, I think that Lainey wants you to be her boyfriend, right Lainey?"

"Leah!"

"It's true."

"Really?" Jacob asked, totally ignoring Leah. I felt a slight blush creeping up my neck.

"I guess." I mumbled embarrassed.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

It was totally spontaneous, and Leah sent me an I-told-you-so look. I found myself smiling.

"Of course!" I grinned, giving him a quick kiss.

The Literature teacher turned us, confused.

"Ms. Peters! Can you answer the question?"

"Can you repeat it please?"

"What destroyed the relationship between Heathcliff and Isabella?" I just stared at her like she was insane.

"Love?"

She shook her head disapprovingly before turning to someone else for the answer. I blushed bright red and hung my head low in disappointment. I jumped slightly as I felt Jacob slide his hand under the desk and onto my knee, resting there for comfort.

And I felt so much better.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, it's a filler. But I'm getting to the juicy bit next chapter :)
Comments?
Gracias.