Status: done.

Stir-Crazy

022

Tink, tink, tink

I watched in pure anger as ‘Bella’ swirled the small metallic spoon in her teacup.

It was china—something Jacob’s mother bought, and probably the fanciest cup the Blacks owned.

I never got a fancy cup.

It was awkward to say the least.

The air was humid and warm, even though it was raining outside.

Bella sat, cross-legged in all her beauty, at the far edge of the dining table. Jacob was opposite her, his tall frame barely fitting into the small chair.

I sat on the side, feeling uncomfortable and ignored.

Jake was staring at Bella, presumably captured by her breath-taking magnificence.

“Jacob,” Bella spoke finally, tucking a strand of her chestnut hair behind her ear, gracefully. “You know I can’t drink this.”

“Don't tell me you don't like green tea?” He asked in a gruff voice, trying his best to sound like he knew what he was doing.

This was probably the first time Jacob ever made tea. At least, he never made tea for me.

“Stop it, Jake.” She giggled childishly, tossing her head back slightly. “I’m a vampire, I can’t eat or drink.”

Vampire! That explained her beauty and grace. She was inhuman.

But if there were vampires and werewolves out in the world, what other kind of monsters where there? But no wonder Jacob loved her.

Jacob’s face immediately turned sour, and for a minute, he looked as though he would rip her apart. I contemplated whether or not I should calm him, but actually found comfort at the image of a bruised Bella, so I left it alone.

“Look Bells,” he sighed, “I know that your leech doesn`t want you anywhere near me. What are you here for?”

“My leech has a name, you know? And I’m a leech too now Jacob, so you just have to accept it.”

“I learnt to accept it when you got married two years ago. What’s going on?”

“There’s a vampire war breaking out. We need your help.”

“Again?” he sighed, and my eyes widened in alarm.

This had happened before?!

“One of Alice’s friends—Nahuel—is a half-vampire, and the Volturi think that he’s dangerous. Alice saw that they were coming sometime this week to destroy him.”

“If he’s half-vampire, what else is he? Tooth Fairy?”

“I’m serious about this, Jacob. And he’s half human.”

A scowl found its way on to Jake’s face, and I frowned in disgust.

“That’s sick.”

“Jake, are you helping or not? We’ve already got the other clans together, but we need your help. Are Embry and Sam still around?”

“Yeah, they are.” Jacob thought for a moment, “I’m not so sure they’re on good terms with you at the moment, though.”

“What do you mean?”

“Bella, you trampled over my heart by dating a vampire. We had something special, Bella. And you just let it go, by marrying him and leaving me here. The Pack won’t forgive you.”

It all made sense now.

Bella, this Bella, was the girl who had broken Jacob all those years ago. Now, I not only hated her because of her looks, but I despised her because she tore Jacob apart.

“Jake—we can still be friends right?” I scoffed silently, and she glanced at me for a second, before returning her pleading gaze towards Jacob.

“I don’t know Bella...you never even called.”

I felt like I was in one of the soap operas I used to watch when I was sick. Hopefully they wouldn’t confess their undying love for each other anytime soon. I would probably break down and cry.

“I made a mistake,” she smiled weakly. “I love you Jacob.”

Kill me now. I was just about to get up and leave. They were going to start kissing, and it was clear that I was forgotten. Jacob met my gaze and paused for a minute.

“Don’t try that again, Bella.” He frowned, “I’ve found someone else.” He sent me a heartwarming smile, and I couldn’t help but smile back.

“Wait a minute,” Bella’s eyes narrowed slightly, glancing at Jake before her eyes flickered towards me. “You imprinted, didn’t you?”

“She knows?” I asked, and her eyes lit up.

“I’m so happy for you, Jake!” I almost choked on my own saliva.

“What?” I muttered, noticing her extremely excited expression.

“Now you won’t get hung up on me anymore, and you can actually be happy!”

“Don’t push it, Bella.” He grumbled, grabbing my hand underneath the table.

“I’m sorry,” she coughed, attempting to hide the smile that remained plastered on her face. “Anyway, are you in or out?”

Jake frowned for a moment, before glancing between Bella and I.

You know I`ve always had a soft spot for you, Bells. Her face lit up, so I guessed that Jake’s answer meant yes.

“Thank you! You won’t regret this,” she smiled once again, and I somehow I managed to smile back. It’s not like I meant it...at all.

“Jake!”

We all looked up, startled by the presence of others. Sam and Quil stood by the doorway, looking much less than thrilled. Jake just stared at them.

“Sam and I smelled something foul, and it was coming from your direction, so we decided to check it out.”

“Just to see if you were in trouble. Good thing we came then.” Sam eyed Bella distastefully.

“Yeah,” Quil frowned, “just because we broke the treaty when the leech left with Bella, doesn’t mean that all these vampires can come trampling on our land.”

“Even if that vampire is Bella.”

“Guys, she’s changed.”

“Obviously. Into a vampire.”

“Look, please don’t hate me, but I need your help.”

“Define help,” Sam eyes her sceptically, the wheels turning in his head. Bella then began to explain the situation about Nahuel and the Volturi. Sam ended up nodding his head reluctantly.

“Is this what you want, Jake?”

“I guess I can help her out.”

“Okay.” Sam sighed.

“I’m in!” Quil cheered.

An odd silence settled in the air, in which nobody spoke. Sam and Quil exchanged looks, while Bella examined Jake and I. She peeked under the tabled and smiled, flashing a perfect pearly-white smile.

“So, when are these vampires coming for us?” Jake enquired, attempting to break the silence.

“They should be here on Wednesday.”

“That’s two days from now!”

“Exactly.”

The silence overtook us once again.
♠ ♠ ♠
filler :/
comments? not neccessary :)