‹ Prequel: Kissing You Goodbye

Standing on a Roof Top

Everybody scream your...

Heart out!

Jepha stood on the roof of his house, eyes illuminated by the soft pinks of the setting sun. His gaze wandered about, flickering from Utah locals to power lines to the beautiful snow covered mountains he loved so much. He had tried living in LA and kept his house there, but mostly enjoyed the time he spent with his lover in their hometown. He stepped lightly around watching dust rise above his feet. It puffed up and stained the bottoms of his pant legs. He looked over as his ears picked up the sound of treaded tired on street pavement. Jepha waved lightly to his boyfriend as he stepped out of his car, frowning slightly because it didn’t look like Dan was very happy. He walked to the house’s edge before hopping off the story high rooftop. Feet hit wet grass as he walked over to embrace his lover.
“Mmm, hey babe,” he sighed happily, nose pressed into a clean grey shirt smelling of man and just a touch of flowers. So lovely.
Dan turned to wrap his arms around the shorter man, pausing to kiss his head before speaking.
“Listening to Bert and Quinn argue about who would top on their anniversary. I suggested they take turns which made ‘em shut up.” he chuckled lightly, tapping out a beat on Jeph’s lower back, hands strong and steady and safe. “What were you doing on the roof?”
He pulled up to look Jeph in the eye.
Jeph’s hands snaked their way into Dan’s back pockets before he answered.
“Nothing. Enjoying the view,”
Dan nodded and leaned down to kiss Jeph’s neck, smooth a hand down his back.
“Just enjoying. That’s all, right babe?”
Jeph questioned Dan’s suddenly odd behavior. He took in Dan’s tight grip on his hips, the way his body tensed when he mentioned the word roof.
“Nothing…it’s just. That night…” and Dan trailed off, still holding on to Jeph but not daring to look him in the eye.
Jeph’s heart melted and he whimpered in the back of his throat. He stood on his toes to kiss Dan’s chin before murmuring a reply.
“Oh, baby. I’m so sorry, I forgot about that,”
Dan nodded against him, grip still tight. “It’s okay. As long as I know you’re still here with me..”
“I’ll always be right here babe, you ain’t gonna get rid of me now,” and Jeph smiled and laughed quietly, hoping to squish whatever bad feelings had invaded Dan’s mind.
“I love you,” Dan leaned down to capture their lips in a soft, passionate kiss. It was a kiss that they didn’t experience often, one that wasn’t fueled with lust or humor like the kisses they shared before sex or in front of an audience. This one was different; full of desire and love and need. This was one that if Dan didn’t get at least some of the time, he would have shut down by now, body breaking down without the veins of love to keep it together.
The pair broke away slowly, just looking into each other’s eyes, not caring if the neighbors saw.
“And I love you. More than you could possibly know,” Words whispered out into the open, words that could have, in an earlier day, made or broke a situation.
Dan picked Jeph up bridal style, smiling down at the laughing man and tickling him with his beard.
“Come on. My baby’s too pretty to be dusty on a roof. Wanna shower with me, handsome?”
Jeph nodded up, eyes clouded over as he began to unbutton Dan’s shirt before they were even in the house. The door shut behind them for anyone who was watching, leaving their own imagination to continue with the scene. The rest of the night was theirs alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
I couldn't leave Kissing You Goodbye like it was 'cause I didn't like it very much. So I decided to tie it up with this.
Hope you like, comments are appriciated!
~Cat