Last Years Wishes, Are This Years Apologies

Let's Burn Our Dreams Into the Skyline

(Jenna's POV)

The next morning I rolled out of bed with a pounding headache. My head felt as though it had been bashed against a wall. I sat on the edge of the bed and cursed myself for getting so wasted last night. I was still in the same clothes from the night before and I still smelled like alcohol. On the table beside my bed a bottle of water and two Advil lay. I smiled and figured Travis had put these here before he left last night. Shit, I hope he’s not pissed at me. I took the two Advil and grabbed clean clothes from my dresser.

I walked into the bathroom and slid off the clothes I had worn from the previous night. I stepped into the steaming hot shower and let the warm water wash over me. I got the last of the conditioner out of my hair and turned the water off. I dried myself off and put on a pair of jean shorts and a light blue hoodie. I brushed out my hair and brushed my teeth before I left the bathroom. I grabbed my sidekick and slid it in my pocket before exiting my apartment. When I got downstairs I stepped out into noisy New York City. I pulled my hood over my head and began walking to get coffee.

I sighed as I got into the long line of people awaiting their morning coffees. A few minutes later I felt two strong arms pull me into a hug. I pulled away a second later thinking it was Travis, but to my surprise, it was Pete.

"Hey Jenna. We always see eachother here, are you stalking me?" he said asked pretending to look scared.

I laughed and pulled off my hood,"Fuck, how'd you know?"

"You just can't keep away from my sexy bod," he said smirking.

I burst out laughing, "Cocky bitch."

"I know," he said giggling. "Where's Trav?"

I bit down on my lip, "I think he's at home."

"Well we have out hang out before the Gym Class guys go to California," he said.

"Yeah, obviously. I miss hanging out with midget boy," I said giggling.

He looked at me smirking and laughed, “Did you just call me midget boy?”

I laughed, “Why yes I did.”

He smirked, “I wouldn’t be talking, you’re like 4 inches shorter than me.”
I smiled and turned back around to order my coffee.

"That'll be two twenty-five, please," the cashier said. I pulled a five dollar bill out of my pocket, but Pete pushed my hand away and paid for my coffee himself.

"Thanks, dudeeee," I said smiling.

He laughed, "no problem." I waited for Pete to order his coffee and we sat down at one of the tables next to the window. We talked for awhile, about Gym Class and Fall Out Boy.

"This has been fun, but I think I should start walking home," I said as I stood up from the chair across from Pete.

“Your going to walk in weather like this?” he asked smirking. I looked out the large windows and it was pouring. “I can give you a ride, if you want,” he said shrugging.

“Ok, thanks.”

I couldn't help but feel a little bit guilty for hanging out with Pete. I know I shouldn't have, but I did. Travis was at home, and I was with one of his good friends, hanging out. Oh, and his friend just happens to be very goodlooking.

Pete threw out our coffees and we walked towards the door to leave. We both pulled on our hoods before running outside. I opened the door to his black car and got in. “Do you know where my apartment is?” I asked.

“Yup, I think,” he said as he pulled out into traffic.

I looked in the rear view mirror and saw Travis. He looked at me with sad eyes as he watched me pull out in Pete’s car. I bit down on my lip and watched him go inside. “Something wrong?” Pete asked looking worried.

“No, everything’s fine,” I said with a reassuring smile. Before I got out of Pete’s car, he grabbed my hand.

“Seriously, call me soon and we’ll hang out or something,” he said.

“With Travis,” I said.

He cleared his throat, “…yeah.”

“Thanks for the ride Pete,” I said smiling

He grinned with that smile that made my heart melt, “Anytime.”