Last Years Wishes, Are This Years Apologies

Innocent and Sweet

(Jenna’s POV)

I threw down my cell phone onto the bed and stomped angrily into the living room. Why did he have to be such an asshole? I wanted to go to California, but I missed my parents too much. I wish he could understand that, without being an ass about it. I’ve been madder at him in the past day than I have the whole time we’ve been together.

The front door suddenly creaked open and Travis walked in. “Hey,” he said scratching his head.

I crossed my arms across my chest and glared at him, “What are you doing here? Haven’t you been enough of an asshole today.”

He sighed and stepped closer to me, “Baby, I’m so sorry. I know I’ve said that a lot today. But I really mean it. I was really excited to have you come and see me and the rest of the guys in California. And I-I just got pissed when you said you couldn't come. I’m so sorry. I really shouldn’t have said anything.”

He had this way of making me feel bad for him by the way his eyes pleaded with me to forgive him. “You’re such an asshole,” I said wrapping my arms around his thin waist.

He ran his fingers through my hair and kissed my forehead, “I know. I’m sorry, baby girl.” He pulled away a few seconds later and slid his hands awkwardly into his pockets. “So, we’re cool, right?”

I nodded my head and sat down onto the large couch, “Yes. But… don’t be such an ass tomorrow. Or any other day.”

He smiled and sat down next to me, “Okay.” He leaned back and laid his head onto one of the side cushions. “I’m sorry, about today. When I saw you with Pete something inside me, just got fucking pissed. And I just wanted to kill Pete… and you. I got jealous and I automatically thought you were going to leave me for him.”

“Trav, I don’t know why you’d jump to conclusions like that. We were only getting coffee.”

He rubbed his eyes and sighed, “I know. And then when I found out you weren’t going to come to California to see me. I got pissed… again. And I’m so sorry for what I said.”

I leaned closer to him and kissed his lips. I just wanted him to stop talking about everything that happened today I wanted to forget about it. I wanted to forget about his jealousy. And I wanted to forget about the way my father yelled at my mother…

I kissed him harder and ran my fingers through his hair. He pulled away and looked towards the clock, “It’s getting kind of late, I should get home.” He stood up from the couch and pulled me up next to him.

He pulled me into his arms and kissed me softly, “Call me tomorrow when you wake up, ok?”

I nodded my head and lead him towards the door, “I love you, Trav.”

He turned back around and smiled, “Love you too, baby.”