Last Years Wishes, Are This Years Apologies

You'll Be Kissing Some Sweet Lips

(Travis’s POV)

I smiled and got into bed. I was ecstatic that Jenna forgave me so quickly. For the next week and a half I planned on being a fucking saint. I didn’t want to leave New York on a bad note with my girlfriend. I closed my eyes and buried my face deeper into the pillow.

(Jenna’s POV)

I rubbed my eyes and rolled over onto the other side of my bed. The sun had warmed my room to be about three million degrees. I kicked the sheets off my bare legs and stood up to turn the air conditioning on. The cool air felt wonderful as I walked into the large kitchen. I turned on the stainless steel coffee maker and walked back into my bedroom. I picked up my sidekick and sprawled out on my bed. I dialed Travie’s number and pressed the phone to my ear.

“Helloooooo,” he boomed into the phone.

I smiled and laughed, “Hi babe. Why do you sound so… awake? It’s ten o’clock.”

“My neighbors fucking dog was barking at eight this morning and it woke me up. So, I’ve been up for two hours and I already showered. Can I come over? I’m so bored,” he pleaded.

I laughed, “I guess…”

“I guess? You’re supposed to sound enthusiastic like, ‘Fuck yes. Come over now, baby. I missed you.’ I heard no enthusiasm in your voice,” he said.

I giggled, “How’s this? Yes, of course. Come over now, babe.”

He laughed, “Much, much better.” I smiled and walked back into the kitchen to check on the coffee. “Oh, do you have any coffee?”

I smiled, “Yup, but none for you.”

“Oh, come on,” he whined.

I smirked at his desperation for coffee, “Get here fast and maybe I’ll give you half a cup.”

“Okay. Be there in ten.” Click.

I laughed and placed my phone back onto the countertop. I pulled two ceramic mugs from the cabinet and poured French Vanilla coffee into each. I picked up one of the warm mugs and took a sip from it. Travis walked in a few minutes later and kissed my cheek. He picked up the mug from the counter and sat down at the bar.

He took a sip and smiled at me, “Thanks. This is really good.”

I shrugged, “Eh, it’s ok. I’d rather be drinking Starbucks.”

He smiled and picked up both of our empty mugs and put them into the dishwasher. I sat down onto the couch and picked up a magazine that was laying on the coffee table. I pretended to be reading a story in the magazine but I was really watching Travis.

In the three months we had been together, I had never seen him act jealous or get mad at me. Yesterday was a first, and I was pretty surprised at how he acted. I guess it wasn’t that big of a deal now. But he had never acted like that before. And I was beginning to worry that maybe he wasn’t being his real self around me? My thoughts were soon interrupted by Travis’s voice.

“Are you okay,” he asked me curiously. “You look kind of worried.”

I bit down on my lip, “I’m fine.”

He looked uneasy, but smiled. “Okay.”