Last Years Wishes, Are This Years Apologies

The Low Road For the Fast Track

(Travis’s POV)

I lay down on my bed and rested my head in Jenna’s lap. I couldn’t believe I was leaving in a week. I was excited to start recording our first record, but I was going to miss Jenna. I was going to be worrying about her. She was going to be in Chicago, without me. What if she found some other guy to replace me while I was gone?

“I can’t believe we’re both leaving in a week. I’m going to miss you so much,” she sighed.

I sat up and wrapped my arms around her tiny waist, “I know. It’s going to suck.”

She smiled and kissed my lips, “But when you come back, the whole record is going to be done. And we’ll be starting school. So things will go back to normal.”

I smiled uneasily and scratched my head. I had been dreading his moment for the past two months. I had decided to skip my first year of college to continue with the band. I had told Jenna that I was planning on attending. Boy was she in for a surprise. “Well, one of us will be starting school in the fall.”

She stared at me confused, until she realized what I was talking about. “You’re not going to school? Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I should have told you. I’m sorry. It must have… slipped my mind or something.”

“You don’t just forget something like that. And you’ve been saying you’re sorry a lot lately. What is going on with you?” She asked.

I grunted and pulled away from her, “I don’t have to tell you fucking everything. You’re not my mother. And nothing is going on with me. You just piss me the fuck off.”

She stared at me with wide eyes, “I didn’t say I was your fucking mother. I’m your girlfriend you’re supposed to tell me things. And what did I do to fucking piss you off? Don't tell me you're still mad about me hanging out with Pete. He's my friend too, Trav."

“Nevermind. I don’t want to fight with you…” I said quickly.

“Travis, when you say shit like that you have to back it up. I didn’t do anything, you’ve just been in the worst fucking mood for the past week.”

“Look, I’m sorry for the millionth time. I’m just really going to miss you and I’m stressing about the record,” I sighed and looked at her with sad eyes.

Her face soon changed from anger to sympathetic, “Trav, I’m going to miss you too. And instead of blowing up at me, just talk to me.”

I pulled her closer to me and kissed her forehead, “I know. I know.”

She buried her face into my chest and closed her eyes, “ I love you. I don’t want to fight.”

“I love you too, I’m sorry.” I said, but she was already asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
whats with all the fighting?