Last Years Wishes, Are This Years Apologies

We'll Make Them So Jealous, We'll Make Them Hate U

(Jenna's POV)

I opened my eyes to the sun shining through my curtains. I stretched my arms above my head and pulled the covers off my bare legs. I walked into the bathroom that was attached to my bedroom and turned on the shower. I stripped myself of my pajamas and stepped into the scolding hot water.

I thought of the events that took place earlier in the day and smiled. After Pete and I had watched the sunrise, he took me home and I went straight to sleep. It was so much fun and I hoped that the rest of the summer could be just as perfect.

But I was a little disappointed, Travis hadn't called or texted me or anything. He was probably just busy with the record and stuff.

I sighed and stepped out of the shower and pulled on my bathrobe. I brushed of my hair and blowdryed it. I picked out a pair of jean bermuda shorts, a plain white v-neck tshirt, and a pair of green high tops.

I grabbed my cell phone and made my way downstairs into the kitchen. I kissed my mother on the cheek and grabbed a mug from the cabinet and poured myself a cup of coffee.

"Good morning sweetie. Did you sleep well?" She asked happily.

"Yup, very well," I said smiling, "Oh, where's dad?"

Her smile faded and she turned back to the cup of coffee she was drinking, "He had to work."

I cocked my head to the side and gave her a questioning look, "I thought he had Fridays off."

"He said he had alot to do," she said nodding her head.

"Oh, ok," I said giving her a reassuring smile.

"Have you talked to Chase lately?" She asked, completely changing the subject.

I shook my head, "He never calls anymore."

"Well, he's probably just very busy. You know your brother," she said smiling.

My brother, Chase, was the golden child. He played every sport known to man and he had been an honor student since like kindergarden. He was a sophmore at UMASS Amherst and had all A's. Little did my parents know or acknowledge he was a major partier.

"Do you have any plans for today?" My mom asked.

"Um, not yet."

She looked at the clock on the wall and put her cup of coffee into the sink, "Oh dear, I'm late for work. I'll be home around five, ok?"

She kissed my head and grabbed her purse off the counter.

"Bye mom. Love you," I said sighing.

I set my coffee mug back onto the counter and jumped off the stool I was sitting on. I walked into my father's office and looked around. It was usually very organized and well kept. But it looked like a tornado had hit it. There were papers and books laying everywhere and there were bowls, cups, and other things laying on his desk and on shelves. But the thing that caught my eye most was his 'beloved' handheld cellphone sitting on his desk. He never left home without it, it was like his best friend or his third child. I picked it up and felt a little bad, but I opened his texting. He had a text that had been sent this morning around 6am. It was from a woman named Lisa. It read:

'See you tonight around 7 :)'

I threw the phone back onto the desk and slammed the office doors. Was my father cheating on my mother?
♠ ♠ ♠
comment, please :)
it encourages me to write more.