Last Years Wishes, Are This Years Apologies

Break It Out

(Jenna's POV)

After I found my father's phone, I was pissed. I didn't know if I should confront him about it or tell my mother what I found. I decided I wasn't going to do either. I was just going to forget about it, for now atleast. As if on cue my cell phone started to ring. I picked it up and checked the caller ID, it was Pete. I smiled and pressed the green answer button.

"Good morning Mr. Wentz," I said in a sing song voice.

"Hello Ms. Jenna Rae, I'm guessing someone is in a better mood today," he asked laughing.

"Of course," I said smiling and tapping my purple painted finger nails against the countertops.

"Where would you like to go today?" He asked.

"Hmmm, wanna go into the city?"

"Yeah, I'll be there in fifteen minutes. See ya then," he said hanging up the phone.

I ran upstairs and quickly put on makeup and brushed my teeth. I slid my phone in my pocket and grabbed some money from my wallet.

I went back downstairs and waited on the porch until I saw Pete's black car pull into the driveway. I slid into the passenger side seat and put my feet onto the dashboard.

"Ready?" He asked smiling.

I nodded and turned up the radio. It took us about a half hour before we were surrounded by large buildings. Pete parked his car in a parking garage and we walked out onto the sidewalk. The warm sun felt good against my skin as we made our way down the street.

"So, are you missing Travis yet?" He asked as he adjusted the hat on his head.

"Yeah, but not as much as I thought I would," I said smiling.

He smiled, "Oh, I love this record store. They have like every record ever made, Lets go in." He grabbed my hand and pulled me into the store.

We browsed the store for a little while before Pete picked out a record by a band that I had never heard of. He paid the cashier and we made our way back out into the sunshine.

We walked down the road some more before I stopped in front of a huge glass window. I stared inside before pulling Pete in. It was an old thrift store with the coolest clothes. I picked out clothes and made Pete try them on, "Do I have to?" he whined. I smiled and nodded before pushing him into the dressing room.

"Are you done yet?" I asked impatiently.

He walked out of the dressing room wearing plaid dress pants, a yellow jacket, huge sunglasses, and purple platform shoes.

I started laughing hysterically and pulled my phone out of my pocket. I took pictures of him 'modeling' the clothes he was wearing.

Before we left I made him buy the yellow jacket and huge sunglasses, just for the fun of it.

We left the store and he put on the huge sunglasses, "How sexy do I look?" He said checking himself out in the windows.

I burst out laughing, "Sometimes I ponder your true orientation."
♠ ♠ ♠
comments? :)