Last Years Wishes, Are This Years Apologies

Step Back

(Travis's POV)

When I got off the phone with Jenna, I felt jealous and sad. I grabbed my cigarettes and went to sit down on the deck.

I sat down and lit a cig. The sun was setting and the sky was a mix of oranges and yellows. I wanted Jenna to be here with me watching the sunset, but she was in Chicago, with Pete. I could just imagine what they were doing together. Kissing, flirting, touching. I sighed and slammed my fist against the sliding glass door.

I didn't want my jealously to effect my whole summer, I wanted to have fun. She was having fun with Pete, and here I was, sitting around. I put out my cigarette and threw it over the railing before making my way back into the house. The guys were all sitting around the small TV playing video games.

"Lets go out somewhere," I said startling the guys.
"OK, we'll leave in five minutes," Matt said standing up.

I nodded my head and walked into the bathroom. I washed my face and sprayed on some Old Spice. I smiled at myself in the mirror and walked back into the living to meet the guys.

We made our way outside and into our rental car.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The club was already packed with people when we got there. Tons of pretty girls dancing. I smiled and made my way over to the bar. I got myself a drink and sat down at a booth with the guys. I sat for a little while, talking, and finishing off my drink.

I wiped my mouth with my sleeve and stood up, "Anyone want another?"

They all shook their heads and continued with their conversations. I shrugged and made my way back over to the bar. I sat down next to a girl who looked almost exactly like Jessica Alba, pre- pregnancy.

She smiled and stuck out her hand, "I'm Alyssa."

I gladly took her hand in mine and smiled, "I'm Travis."

"Hey, can I have four shots over here?" Alyssa said talking to the bartender. She smiled and handed me two of the shots. I quickly downed the two shots and rubbed my eyes. "Wanna dance?"

"Yeah," I said grabbing her hand and pulling her out onto the dance floor. I placed my hand on her lower back and pulled her close to me. She grinded against me and smiled.

This was beginning to look all to familiar. Just then, Jenna's face popped into my mind. I shook my head and stared into the eyes of the gorgeous girl in front of me. If Jenna was going to have fun with Pete, then I was going to have fun with whoever I wanted.

We continued dancing for the next hour, occasionally stopping to get a few shots. The room was beginning to spin, but I didn't care I was actually having fun and not worrying about Jenna. After each shot, Alyssa started to look prettier and prettier.

I smiled and sloppily pressed my lips against hers. She gladly kissed back and ran her fingers through my curly hair.

"Wanna go back to my apartment?" She asked breathlessly.

I nodded my hand and she led me out of the crowd of people and outside, into the street. We got into a red Jetta and pulled out into the street.

She led me upstairs to her apartment. As soon as the door opened I started to kiss her. She pulled my shirt over my head and ran her fingers over my stomach. I kissed along her neck and picked her up and carried her into her bedroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?