Last Years Wishes, Are This Years Apologies

Lets Not Pretend Like You're Alone Tonight

(Travis's POV)

The next morning, I didn't want to open my eyes. I was afraid to see where I was, what I had done. I slowly opened my eyes as the sun shone in through the shades. I was in an unfamiliar room, in an unfamiliar bed.

I rolled over and heard the crinkling of paper underneath me. I reached underneath my head and sat back against the headboard. The writing on the paper was small, and neat.

Dear Whoever,

I had to leave for work early this morning. I think you know the way out, you seemed to find it pretty easily in the dark.

- Alyssa


I laid the paper back onto the pillow and grabbed my pants from the end of the bed. I slipped them on and looked under the bed for my t-shirt. I grabbed it and slid it on. I wanted to get out of this house as fast as I could.

I opened the door of the small apartment and made my way downstairs. I pulled my phone out of my pocket, five missed calls, three new voicemails. Two of the calls were from Jenna, the other three were from the guys. I sighed and continued walking down the street. I didn't recognize where I was, but I kept walking anyways. I needed time to think.

My head was pounding and I felt sick to my stomach. What if Jenna really wasn't doing anything with Pete? I groaned and continued walking. I saw a familiar billboard and continued walking for another few blocks until I found myself in front of my apartment.