The Story of My Life

Reality

Andi woke up from her dream crying. She wished that was how it had happened, but it wasn’t. She wished she had told someone, but she didn’t. No one knew of how horribly Max had violated and beaten her. She hoped no one would ever find out. Everyone just thought she fell down the 2 flights of stairs at her house. Her parents found her crying in bed when they got home and took her to the hospital. She had just told them she fell down the stairs. They had seemed suspicious, but they believed her. Everyday of her life was torture. She had to see the evil smirk on Max’s face everyday. She kept her head down now, but for the first couple weeks she tortured herself with looking at him as she walked by, hoping he would apologize. She knew better now. Holly really was the closest thing she had to a friend, but she hadn’t ever told her anything as serious as this. And Heidi really was Holly’s older sister, but Andi only knew her from church. She was nice and Andi felt like she could trust her too, but she never dared speak of what happened that cold night in October to anyone. It had been the worst birthday she had ever had. It had been a year and a half since that night. Last year on her birthday, Max sent her a letter saying, “Remember that night last year? We had fun didn’t we? Remember, you tell anyone, and I’ll kill your precious Taylor AND Tyler.” It had tortured her more each time she read it. She couldn’t stand the thought of losing Taylor or Tyler, let alone both of them. She needed to stop thinking about this, so she got out of bed, whipped her eyes, and went to her phone to call Holly.
“Hello?”
“Hey Hol! What are your plans for today?” Andi asked, trying to sound happy.
“I don’t have any as of now. What did you have in mind?” Holly asked sounding quite excited.
“I thought we could go see that new movie, Fame, and maybe grab something to eat.” Andi suggested.
“Sounds good to me! Do you want me to just come over in about a half hour? I know its playing at 2:30 so that’ll give us plenty of time to go eat and be ready.” Holly said.
“Sure! See ya soon!”
Andi was really glad she was going to hangout with Holly. She knew she would have a good time and that Holly wouldn’t bug her if she noticed something was upsetting her. She might ask, but Andi knew if she said she didn’t want to talk about it she wouldn’t ask again. Andi ran down stairs to find no one home…again. She heard Taylor start crying upstairs and shot up to her aid.
“Hey sweetheart! Oh honey you’re sweet little face is so red. Come on dear, stop crying, I’m here now. I’m going to go to a movie later so I’ll have to call Abby to come and take care of you two.” Andi smiled. The twins were so sweet. At only 9 months old, their little faces lit up so sweetly when Andi entered the room. Taylor started falling asleep again so she set her carefully into her crib, right next to Tyler’s. She tiptoed out of the room and turned on the baby monitor in the bathroom. She hopped in the shower and made sure to make it fast so they wouldn’t wake up while she was still in. She got out; blow dried her hair; and quickly straightened her cute, blonde dew. Her hair was about chin length so it wasn’t a hassle to straighten. She ran into her room to get dressed. She looked around as she entered. The bright green walls paired with a bright blue ceiling matched her personality…at least it had before last year. Now she felt more like painting the walls grey and the ceiling black, but her parents refused since they had just painted it green and blue 2 months before that night. She heard the doorbell ring and ran to get it. Her and Holly had a good time that night. When she came home, Max was in her room. She tried to run, but he was too fast. It was just as bad as the last time, just without as much of a beating. Andi knew better then to fight back this time.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments please!