Status: A work in progress. (:

Glittering Lights

02

“Shit,” Michael said as he broke a string on his guitar. A girl behind him laughed, but he ignored her. He was busy freaking out.

Michael was about to play in his friend’s dad’s coffee shop, but that wouldn’t exactly work if a string was broken. “Oh, god,” He said to no one in particular. “I’m playing in fifteen minutes. What am I supposed to do now?” Suddenly, a girl appeared in front of him. She had chocolate-colored hair and deep blue eyes, but they weren’t an icy blue. They were more unique—they were almost royal blue. This girl was Kasey Williams, whom Michael had never met before.

“Having trouble?” She asked, plopping down next to him without asking if she could.

“What does it look like?” Michael retorted bitterly, not caring how rude he was to this stranger.

“You know,” Kasey said, looking at Michael, “my brother has a few guitars, and he doesn’t live far from here. You could use one.” Michael looked at Kasey incredulously, but he was grinning. “Really?” Kasey nodded, “but we have to do it quick.” Michael stood up quickly, and Kasey did too.

“Please, just lead the way.” Kasey did as told, speed-walking the whole time. Once she was at her brother’s, she pulled the spare key from under the mat and walked in, motioning for Michael to follow.

“You sure your brother would be okay with this?”

“Oh yeah,” Kasey responded easily. “It’s fine.” She gave Michael a pick from the few there, and they left right after, speed-walking to get back to the coffee shop. They made it, and Michael smiled.

“Thanks,” He said. Kasey only nodded, and made her way to a large, leather chair.

“I’m Michael Griffin by the way,” He said, stopping her in her tracks. The corners of Kasey’s mouth twitched up, and she sat down before answering. “Kasey,” She told him. He smiled and started playing a song, making the shop go quiet. Everyone turned to look at him, but instead of getting nervous, Michael grinned lopsidedly, looking completely comfortable.

“Hey everyone,” He said, sitting down on a stool. “I’m Michael. I’m only going to play one song, so if you don’t like me, don’t worry.” He chuckled, and then started to strum. Kasey had no idea what he was playing, but it was nice.

It was even nicer when he started singing. Kasey was surprised, awed. He had a lovely voice, beautiful, even. The song was short—too short in Kasey’s opinion, though she’d never tell him that. And when it was over, Michael handed her the guitar.

“Thanks again.”

“You’re welcome,” She said.

“I want to know why you did it, though.” Michael said, looking at Kasey curiously. She smiled, like she knew something he didn’t.

“I helped,” she began, starting to walk out, “because we want the same thing.” Michael didn’t get it at first, but then it came to him. He wanted to ask her if she was a musician as well, or something else, but he never was able to.

She was already gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter dedicated to: xMuSiCxFrEaKx3
(:
Thank you for being my first commeter.
I didn't plan on finishing or posting this today... but I did for you. x]
Haha.