Status: Finished! Sequel? Maybe... I don't know!

One Step Forward and Two Steps Back

So, We Have Plans Tonight?

“Lauren, that was great. Get up and do it again,” Travis exclaimed excitedly as he hovered over her.

“You are fucking crazy, Pastrana. I am not doing that again… EVER,” she half yelled as she threw her helmet at him, which he caught.

“Come on. You didn’t even try. How is this much different than a dirt jump?” he looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

She stared at him wide-eyed as if he were insane. “Try about fifty feet. I think I have a concussion,” shefaked said as she slowly stood up.

“You didn’t even hit your head,” he replied confused.

“Where’s Mike?” she asked, ignoring his question when she realized thegorgeous one missing.

“He had freestyle practice to go to… Why?” he followed her as his facial features wrinkled up.

“He’s more quiet than you are,” she teased. She stopped when she comprehended what he had said. “Freestyle? He rides?” she went on as she turned around to face him.

“Yeah… Mike… Mason,” he said slowly. She just stared back without blinking. “Shouldn’t you know him? He is sort of your teammate. I think twice… Rockstar and Fox.”

“Number one… I ride BMX. How am I supposed to know all the FMXers that ride for Rockstar? And number two… I’m a girl. How am I supposed to know all the men that ride for Fox?” she questioned while copping an attitude.

“Mulisha and Bilko,” he smirked

“What?” she asked confused as they started walking again.

“All of the Mulisha dudes. They ride for Rockstar. You’ve known that even before you were sponsored by them. Do you know why?” he said in a smartass waythat Lauren thought was adorable.

“Please share, Travis,” she went along.

“Because you find them attractive”

“And it has nothing to do with their riding style at all,” she replied sarcastically. “What about Bilko? I know he rides for Fox.”

“Why do you know that?” he said in his cocky way while the two continued to walk. Off in the distance, dirt bike engines could be heard.

“Because he’s amazing,” she said confidently.

And…” Travis grinned.

“Damn it, Travis. I don not pick my favorite athletes for their looks… It’s just an added bonus,” she smiled.

“I still think you don’t know who Mike is because you don’t find him attractive. He’s been a pro for almost five years. He’s competed at X Games for the last three.”

“For your information, Pastrana, I think Mike is quite gorgeous,” she said as she pointed her nose upwards.

When she looked straightforward again, Mike was sitting on his bike in all his riding gear, minus the helmet that was rested on his lap. He kept looking back and forth between Lauren and Travis. She was able to glance up at Travis and saw a huge grin on his face. She shot him a look, knowing he took it as, ‘I hate you. Never talk to me again,’ before jerking her bike from him and peddling off.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

“Travis, I swear to god. If you come here and start your shit again…” Lauren yelled once she heard the door totheir the room open. She quickly stopped when Travis wasn’t the one in front of her. “Mike, I’m so sorry. It’s just Travis and I…”

“Haven’t been seeing eye to eye?” he cut her off as a small smile fought its way through.

“Something like that,” she agreed.

“He said he was afraid to come back up here. Something about you having a temper,” he smiled his full smile now.

She was amazed. This was the most he has talked to her. She loved his voice though. It reminded her of Cary Hart for some strange reason.

“I guess I do. Towards him anyway,” she rolled her eyes playfully.

“Are you and him…” he trailed off. She knew what he meant. She’s been asked way too many times.

NO,” she said back quickly. “I’ve known him… gosh… since I was like nine. He’s like my brother.”That I’m secretly in love with.

Mike responded by nodding his head; something that everyone else did when she told them.

“I hate to say this, but I had no idea you rode freestyle,” she said in hopes of getting to know him better.

“Well I had no idea you rode freestyle either,” he replied not being able to fight off a smile. She hated that he rarely made eye contact with her. She thought that his eyes were so dazzling…like Travis’s.

A silence fell over them. Lauren frowned. She wanted him to talk more. She didn’t know enough about him to go off of. The only thing she knew they had in common was Travis. Surprisingly, that subject she wanted to avoid. She glanced over at Mike and saw him staring back at her. He smiled awkwardly as his hand found its way to his neck. She returned his smile just as the door opened again. Travis came in looking unsure. Once he saw Mike and Lauren sitting beside each other, his features softened.

“Uh… hey, Lauren… Mike,” he said still a little uncomfortable.

Lauren didn’t say anything to him on purpose. Mike went to say hi and that was it. It was then back to the silent state. Lauren tried so hard not to smile.

“So… Did you have any plans tonight, Lauren?” Travis asked as he sat across from the two.

She studied him for a few seconds. She fought off a smile as an idea came to her.

“Yeah… I do,” she smirked as she looked at her nails, playing it off.

“And that might be…” he started for her.

“Mike and I are going to go out. Get to know each other a little more.”

Lauren wanted to laugh at both of the boys’ expressions. She didn’t know which one was funnier: Mike’s or Travis’s. Mike recovered quickly though. His smile returned as he slipped his arm around her shoulder with a nod towards Travis, stating that he agreed with her.

“Oh,” Travis replied as he dropped his gaze from Lauren.

She felt a little sorry for him. The last thing she wanted to do was hurt him. She couldn’t tell what was going through his head. He wouldn’t look back up at her.

“Did you have anything planned?” she asked nicely.

“I was just going to check out all the stuff that’s going on,” he said softly. “I should go. Let you get ready,” he said as he stood, still not being able to look up at her.

She wanted to stop him as he disappeared behind the door. If Mike still didn’t have his arm around her, she probably would have.

“So, we have plans tonight?” Mike smirked, bringing her focus back to him.

“Well you weren’t going to ask,” she smirked back as she stood up.

As she walked to the bathroom to get ready, she kept eye contact with Mike, smiling as his eyes followed her. Once she was around the corner she had to smile… but it soon faded. The look on Travis’s face was the reason.

“I can’t be with him,” she said to herself as she looked into the mirror before she continued to get ready.
♠ ♠ ♠
WOOT! 2 updates in 2 days. I'm doing good lol

comment?