Status: Finished! Sequel? Maybe... I don't know!

One Step Forward and Two Steps Back

You're Amazing

“You made it to finals,” Lauren sang as Travis climbed out of his Subaru.

“Where’d you come from?” he asked as he pulled his helmet off.

Lauren wasn’t in the room when he woke up that morning. He tried calling her, but her phone was apparently turned off. As the day went on, he was saddened that she hadn’t come back. He went through the event, beating his two opponents… without Lauren there.

“I had a busy morning. Plus my phone died on me so I couldn’t call you to tell you I was going to be late. Blackberry’s are shit.”

“Where’s your better half?” he teasedpainfully.

“He left early this morning. Hints why I haven’t been around,” she answered while digging her foot into the dirt and gravel.

“You guys doing ok?” Travis asked then thought it was stupid of him. They’ve only been together for three days. What problems could possibly occur?

“No, I’m just a little bummed to seem him leave. Carson City isn’t exactly a short drive away.”

“Have you guys talked about the long distance thing?”

“Don’t worry about Mike and I. You know what would make me forget about that?” she asked as a smile slowly shined through.

“What’s that?” Travis smiled too. He had a good idea of what it might be.

“A gold medal around your neck. That would so make my day so much better.”

“I’ll do what I can, LP,” he smiled.

They stood around for a few minutes without saying anything. Travis was inspecting his car, making sure everything worked properly. Lauren stood watching him. The feeling in her stomach from the other night was long gone. This event was going to go extremely well for him.

She caught a glimpse of his eyes just as the announcer’s voice boomed through the arena. It was time for Travis to win gold. They held eye contact with each other before Travis slid his helmet back on. Lauren walked over to him and gave him a quick hug.

“I think you got this,” she said once they parted.

“Really? What makes you so sure?” he teased.

“Would you rather me tell you that you’re going to crash out?”

“If that’s what your gut’s telling you, then yeah,” he smiled as he lowered himself into this car.

“It’s not today so I think you’re good,” she smiled and then he started the vehicle.

Lauren’s smile widen as he revved the engine before taking off to the starting line. Once the light dropped, Travis was on it. She didn’t think that he could have had a more perfect start.

He drifted through the course effortlessly. Even the jump seemed to be the most marvelous thing Lauren has ever seen. The car seemed to soar through the air as if it magically grew wings.

Once he rounded the last corner with his opponent’s vehicle nowhere in sight, Lauren yelled out so happy for him. He stopped the car and she instantly ran over to him. His grin was the biggest it’s been all weekend.

“I told you,” she said as she leaped up into his arms with a smile that matched his.

He replied, but it was drown out by the crowd cheering. When they pulled away from each other, their smiles were still visible as they looked into each other’s eyes.

“You’re amazing,” Lauren squealed as she hugged him quickly again.

“So are you,” he thought as they parted.

Once Lauren was a distance away, he was bombarded with interviews, photos, and congratulations from the other competitors. He didn’t come back to her until about an hour later.

“Party time?” she asked with a smirk on her face as they started for their hotel.

“Not tonight. I’m too exhausted to do anything,” he replied while looking down at her honestly.

“Such a buzz kill, Trav,” she teased as they entered the elevator.

“I was thinking of just have a post- X Games party when we got home. You could invite Mike if you wanted to,” he saideven though it almost killed him to say that last part.

“Really?” she asked as her eyes lit up.

“Of course,” he remarked as the elevator came to a stop.

“You know, I honestly thought you would be so against Mike and I starting anything? But you’re being so nice about it right now. You are seriously the nicest person that I know,” she said sincerely as they stepped into their room.

“I never said I was ok with anything,” he thought to himself.

“If you’re happy, you’re happy. It doesn’t matter whom it’s with,” he said once he lost her gaze.

“I meant what I said earlier. You are so amazing,” she said as she kissed his cheek.

She flashed him a smile before she turned around and walked deeper into the room out of Travis’s sight. He smiled back weakly and let it fade away. He couldn’t believe the words that were coming out of his own mouth. Maybe he’d get lucky and Mike had plans so he wouldn’t be able to come?
♠ ♠ ♠
so sorry for the crappy boring chapter. I hate writing contest chapters. This was a little rushed for that reason. But I promise the next one is going to be WAY better...

What do you think about Lauren and Travis hooking up? lol

comment?