Status: Finished! Sequel? Maybe... I don't know!

One Step Forward and Two Steps Back

No, I Want You to Come With Me

Travis made sure that he woke up before Lauren the following morning. He even went as far as setting his alarm clock. Once he leaned over to shut it off, he lay back down to look at Lauren… but she wasn’t there. He sprung out of bed and walked quickly down the hall to her room. He found her standing in front of the mirror sideways. He stood there, staring at her confused. Hung over her shoulders was one of his many DC Shoes hoodies. Half of it was folded up to reveal her abdomen. As she stared at her reflection, her small hand ran across her flat defined stomach.

“You didn’t fall yesterday. I don’t see how any bruises could form,” he said, causing her to pull the sweatshirt back down quickly.

“I was… just… making sure. You know how easily I bruise,” she said, forcing a weak smile through.

He eyed her oddly before accepting it.

“What time was your appointment?” he asked as she walked over towards him. “Are you feeling ok? You don’t look so hot,” he went on once he noticed her eyes red and her face a little pale.

“I’m fine. I tried to eat some breakfast, but it wouldn’t stay down,” she remarked, losing his gaze.

He watched as she disappeared down the hall. Something wasn’t right with her, he knew.

“What time is your appointment?” he repeated with his voice echoing throughout the house as he followed her.

“Soon,” she replied without breaking her vision from the kitchen counter.

“How soon?”

“Travis, please. I know you care, but you don’t have to go with me,” she snapped a little.

“But I want to,” he said nicely as he put one of his arms around her waist.

It took everything she had to not to push him away. Her worst fear was him noticing a change in her figure. Even though there was nothing to be seen yet, she was still paranoid someone, like Travis, would notice.

“Just please not this time,” she said softly as she leaned into him more, but not completely.

He frowned down at her. She wasn’t able to see it, but she knew he was giving her a disappointing look.

“What kind of doctor are you seeing?” he asked as an idea struck him.

Her head snapped up as she pushed away from him. He couldn’t know, she thought.

“Why?” she asked quickly.

“I’m just worried about you. Just please tell me that it’s not a physiatrist,” he teased with some truth as his famous grin appeared on his face.

“A physiatrist?” she asked with a relieved smile.

“Yeah, I mean, it does fit. You haven’t been talking to be like you used to. Then the whole Mike thing.”

“No, it’s just a doctor.”

“A normal doctor?”

“Yes, a normal everyday doctor,”that delivers babies.

“Alright. I guess I’ll let this one slide. But I’m going to the next one. Whenever that is. It probably won’t be for another five years,” he laughed to himself as he opened the fridge to pour himself a glass of orange juice.

Once he placed the jug back in its place, he held a can of Lauren’s favorite flavor of Rockstar. His tactics caused her to swallow hard. She didn’t know how well this was going to go.

“Trav, you know what?” she started once he held the can out to here. “I don’t think that is the best choice for me right now,” she finished.

“Right. Good thinking,” he smirked as he placed it back.

“I should get going. Hopefully this doesn’t take long,” she said as she started for the door.

“This is the last chance. Are you sure you don’t want me to come with you?” Travis asked with his grin showing through.No, I want you to come. “I got this Trav,” she smiled weakly and then stepping outside.

She sat in her car for a few minutes before she actually left. At this point, she wasn’t sure which she was more afraid of; going to the doctor’s by herself or telling Travis.
♠ ♠ ♠
SHORT AND SUCK! Its looking like this story is going to be my longest one... EVER! lol I've never written over 22 chapters. And since I'm on 20 and Lauren has a whole pregnancy to go through,with or without Travis? I'm pretty sure its going to go over that lol..

Lauren

comment?