Status: Finished! Sequel? Maybe... I don't know!

One Step Forward and Two Steps Back

Would You Shut Up? People Are Staring

“Up and at em, Payton. We’ve got a long day a head of us,” a husky voice woke Lauren up the morning of the following week.

“Go away, Pastrana,” she groaned as she flipped over, pulling the blankets over her head.

“You’re going to miss your favorite Australian if you don’t get up and get ready soon,” he went on as Lauren heard a grin in his voice.

Her eyes flung open, she swung the blankets off of her, and looked at Travis wide-eyed.

“How can Luke be there? They took BMX dirt out years ago. He told me…” she started, but was soon cut off.

“So Parslow’s your favorite Australian?” he asked with a raised eyebrow.

NoWho the hell are you talking about?” she asked, frustrated and still tired. Not a good combination for her.

“Does ‘I want my 3s to look like that’ ring a bell?” he asked with a teasing smirk.

“Bilko?” she asked still confused as he nodded his head yes. “Here? Now? Trav, you could have woken me up sooner…"

“I knew that would get you up,” he smiled.

“I’m so confused,” she admitted, lowering herself back to the bed.

“I’m sure you’ll see him when we get to LA. Get up so we can leave,” he said smacking the blanket where her butt’s supposed to be playfully.

She smiled as his footsteps faded down the hall. They haven’t spoken a word about what happened a week ago. The awkwardness wasn’t present, which shocked Lauren. But there was something going on between them. They have been getting along very well lately. Lauren’s even progressed on the freestyle fad…mostly to Travis’s persuading and amazing teaching skills.

With all of those thoughts swarming around in her head as she got ready, she smiled, thinking about the week ahead. She loved X Games. Not only because Travis always did insanely well in them, but because of all the other athletes… that are never lacking in the good looks department.If she wasn’t going to be in a relationship with Travis, then she was going to find a man at X.

“Lauren, you better be ready,” she heard Travis holler as she was slipping her shoes on.

“Hold your dirt jumping ass, Pastrana. I’m coming,” she yelled back while grabbing her backpack.

“Dirt jumping ass?” he questioned as he eyed her as she came down the stairs.

“That’s what I said. Got a problem with it?” she asked as she stared him down. A smirk came across his face as she stayed on the last step so that she could be at eye level with him. “That’s what I thought,” she went on when he didn’t reply to her previous statement.

“Is anyone going with us or am I just stuck with you the whole time?” she yelled back at him as she made her way through the house.

“Nope. Just you and me, baby,” he smirked as they reached his truck.

Lauren smiled up at him as she threw her bag into the back seat. It was returned before they both climbed inside.

“You ready for this week?” Travis started once they were on the road.

“Yes. I can’t wait. X Games is always so much fun,” she couldn’t help but smile as she slid her sunglasses down over her eyes.

“I think you’re going to have a little more fun this year,” Travis teased.

She eyed him oddly before saying anything. “And why is that Mr. Pastrana?”

He didn’t answer with words. All he did was nod his head behind him. She twisted in her seat to see what he was mentioning. What she saw actually made her smile. Staring back at her was her precious Mirraco Black Pearl bike. The black and neon green seemed to be glowing from the sunlight hitting it.

“I figured you’d be itching to ride once you saw the super park course.”

“I’m so excited now,” she squealed as se turned back around.

Travis smiled as she shook his head slightly. This week was going to be something.

_____________________________________________

“When I step on the scene
Ya'll know me, cause I walk with a limp
Like an old school pimp or a real o.g.
I rocking
VANS
I'm in the sand
I've a got a
red bull and vodka up in my…”

“Lauren, would you shut up? People are staring,” Travis tried shushing her as they made it through Los Angels International Airport and he pulled one of her ear buds out.

She just glared at him before she poked the white plastic back into her ear and continued to sing as she stared at him.

“Drink all day
Play all night
Let's get it poppin'

I'm in LA bitch” she yelled the last part, causing Travis to bust out in laughter.

“I swear this is the last time I bring you anywhere,” he said once his laughter subsided and he took her ipod away from her.

“You love me and you know it,” she smirked as she slid her arm around his waist.

He smiled down at her as they made their way outside to a waiting cab.

“Are you doing freestyle this year?” she randomly asked as they started their adventure to the hotel.

“Nope. Rally and best trick,” he replied.

“What’s the matter Travis? The competition getting too much for you?” she cooed.

“Yep. That’s what it is. You’re little Australian is getting to be too dominating,” he said sarcastically.

“Would you quit it with the Australian thing? It’s getting old fast,” she replied half annoyed.

“You seemed to take a liking to them,” he smirked.

“I made a comment about Bilko’s riding style. How is that bad?”

“Luke?”

“Was a mistake,” she answered back as her eyes fell from his.

He looked at her sympathetically. Hisloving friendly instincts took over and he pulled her against his chest: Lauren’s comfort zone.

“It’s alright. Those happen,” he said caringly as he kissed the top of her head.

She knew that he didn’t see it, but she smiled as her arms found their way around his upper body. Maybe she found her man for X Games.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woot! Chapter 9! Planning on having a certain FMXer in the next chapter or two... hopefully *finger crossed*

Lauren's... stuff

COMMENT!!!