Sequel: It's No Surprise
Status: FINISHED. WATCHOUT FOR THE SEQUEL.

The High School from Hell

I Love My Birthday.

Well, remember when I said Aaron could kiss a girl senseless? Yeah, well, I lied. Or maybe this guy, fingers crossed Bruce Wayne, kisses so much better. And it wasn't just a kiss, oh no, we were full blown out making out for like twenty seconds. Mmmm. I'm sorry okay? I have a small thing for Batman. That's a lie, I have a very LARGE thing for batman, just ask the large stack of comic books and Batgirl outfit in the back of my closest, or the complete original Batman cartoon series with the rest of my DVDs, go on I dare yah. I wish I could remember anything, other than the fact I shamelessly kissed back. What? BATMAN dipped me and KISSED me, you would have too! Anyways, when he pulled away, leaving me dazed and dizzy, vicodin bottle still in my hand, and disappeared amidst the other superhero clad high schoolers, I was wondering if it had even been real. It sure felt real.

You're telling me.

Wait... let's just not go there. When I took my pills and my head finally cleared up, I looked for him but nope. Three Superman's, five Spidermans, even a Flash and a Green Arrow, but no Batman. Go figure. Oh, and I have Saturday detention. Yeah, Principal Lasseder found out that we... took over the music and wasn't pleased. And I thought Lasseder and I might have been becoming friends. Oh well..

"I can't believe you got Saturday detention." My had said when I walked in the door last night. I feel bad for my dad sometimes. Dealing with me is not that easy. I sat in the seat in between Rexy and Nathan, Mace was sitting on Rexy's other side. So here I am, bored out of my mind, the teacher is late, with nothing to do but tap my finger on my desk-- oh not him. Mr. Sinclair. Man, I hate that bastard. Math teachers suck. SUCK SUCK SUCK. He's definitely in the top three. Mr. Sinclair, Mr. Mr. Mclain, and Coach Keiler. Worst teachers ever. HIM TOO? Oh this is going to suck ass! I banged my head on my desk as IE came into the room.

"You're late, Mr. Silent, take a seat behind one of your classmates."

"Why?" He asked, not without reason, there were two seats free in the front row. Damn teachers and their damn front row.

"Because I don't like you Mr. Silent, and I would rather have Ms. Rosch in front than you." HAHA BURN. Hey... HOLD ON JUST A SECOND THERE! WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?! Freakin' asshole. Matty chose to sit behind me, oh FUCKER. I can see how this is gonna be. He's going to torture me the whole detention. How do I know? One, because it's Matty, of course he is, two because that's what he did all the other times we had detention together.

Oh boy.

Oh boy is right. Craaaaaap. OW, HEY. He freakin' poked me! SEE I TOLD YOU SO. I hate him. WHAT THE? I nearly smacked his hand as he pulled it out of my bag. WHAT THE HECK WAS HE DOING IN MY BAG. I glared at him, and he... he winked at me. What the hell? He winked at me!

So did you.

What?

Remember, you first moved here and Rexy took you away from the jaws of the tiger and you winked at him.

Oh yeah, damn. I forgot about that. What is that? I reached down and tugged the slip of paper from my bag, obviously planted by the devil reincarnate. I glanced up at Mr. Sinclair, who was grading papers, and opened the note.

"I need to talk to you," That's it? THAT'S IT?! LIKE HELL. I need to talk to you, pffft. He can talk to the damn wall. Besides, he gets no more favors from me unless he starts paying off the ones he already owes.

Aw... but he's PRETTY.

Yeah, well... Oh shut up.

Oh come on, you know he iiiiisss.

Shut up.

With his pretty eyes and pretty hair and pretty face and pretty muscles and pretty--

SHUT UP I SAY.

Fine. But if you weren't already thinkin' it, I wouldn't be sayin' it.

... I hope you die.

I know.

Moving right along... please clock, GO FASTER. Le sigh. I think I'm going to cry. Just kidding. But seriously, WHY CLOCK WHY?! WHY DO YOU HATE ME SO!!! I hate detention.

FFFFFRRRRREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMM!!!!! HAH I so win. It was like a never ending torture session. With two of my least favorite people in the world. The Math Teacher and the Son of a Bitch. At least I wasn't alone. Thank God for friends. Thank God for accomplices, I should say. Hah. Anyways, there's really something to say about taking your friends with you on pranks, somebody to share the blame.

That's evil.

I know. But you can't deny it's true. Rexy, Nathan, and Mace left me. Sadness. Well, they were in a hurry, and I am leisurely taking my time. Hey man, I'm free, I can relax.

"Hey Blondie." Strike that last sentence.

"Oh God it's you." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh that's nice, Blondie."

"You really have got to stop calling me that."

"What, don't like your nickname?"

"Jerk."

"Bitch."

"What d'you want?"

"Yeah, I went to a party the night of the dance, but I told my mom I went to the dance and I saw you there, so if she asks, just tell you saw me, alright? See ya." HOLD ON THERE. I grabbed his arm and yanked him back to my side.

"I beg your pardon? You already have a debt to pay buddy, what makes you think I'd do this for you."

"'Cause it'd mean another favor for you."

"I sick of favors."

"Does that mean I'm off the hook?"

"Hell no. All I'm saying is NO MORE FAVORS. I ain't a frickin' Genie, sparky. GO AWAY."

"Aw. That's no way to treat your classmate!"

"Fuck you."

"Mean."

"Seriously, Silent. GO AWAY. Before I break your nose."

"Oh I'd love to see that."

"Well, congratulations, you just bought yourself a ticket to the live show." WHAM.

"FUCK." Matt growled from the ground.

HOLY SHIT!

HOLY SHIT! I- I- I didn't... I don't... HOLY SHIT.

"WAS THAT COMPLETELY NECESSARY?!" He growled rubbing his jaw.

"I-I-.." I stammered, half laughing half... not laughing. "It just came out." I dropped to my knees.

"Stay away from me crazy!" He backed up a few inches.

"Don't be such a baby, I just want to make sure it's alright." I rolled my eyes.

"Coming from the woman who just slugged me?"

"What is this? Era 1950s? Just let me see it!" I lifted his chin and inspected the bruise blossoming on his jaw.

"It looks okay, nothing more permanent than a bruise. My bad." I added, shaking my head and standing up.

"You're a psychopath, you do realize?"

"So I've been told. Get up." I grabbed his arm and hauled him toward the exit. He muttered and glowered the whole way. Oh brother.

"I'm sorry about your jaw. Okay?"

"Liar!"

"Fine, you know what? I will, I'm gonna regret this later... I will cover for you for your mom. Happy?"

"No." He rubbed his bruise.

"What then?" I said rested my hands on my hips.

"How about a kiss to make it all better." He smirked.

"Hell no." I turned around and began walked to my car. Dumbass.

You did punch him you know.

I know. But he provoked me! Plus, it was mostly on accident.

You decked him. In the face. You gave him a bruise, A BRUISE.

Oh damnit. DAMN YOU PRIDE. DAMN YOU GUILTY CONSCIOUS. DAMN YOU VOICE IN MY HEAD. I growled, flipped around, stood on my tippy toes, damn tall fucker, and... kissed his bruise.

"See ya around, Silent." And with that, I went home to gargle bleach.

I feel so... dirty. Did I mention that I hate my birthday? Because I do. With the very soul within I hate my birthday. Because, yay, I get to have a party celebrating that fact that I get to grow up on the worst day of the year ever, with Matt Silent. In costumes, with Rexy. Who will most likely think of the worst party games ever. I hate party games. They're just distractions from the fact that one can't face or make simple conversation. I love her to death, but good lord TRUTH OR DARE?! I don't think so. I don't DO truth or dare. In ANY circumstances. The ONLY, and I mean the only, thing good about my birthday is the damn candy I get because it's Halloween. Frickin'... fuzkit I'm doomed.

RIIINNGG!!

"Miss Rosch?" Ms. Cross called, "I'd like to speak with you after school, before you start your painting please."

"Gotcha." I said walking out the door.

That can't be good.

No joke.

"Hey! Did you see what happened to Matt's face?" Nathan said catching up to me. It was Monday. Two days after I decked him. I still feel gross, and his face is still purple.

"How can you NOT notice it?"

"Yeah, he said he got it knocking out this big guy harassing some chick."

"Oh yeah right! Big guy my ass... He's right about harassing that mother--... I mean... Really?"

"You know what really happened."

"... No..."

"Liar! Tell me!"

"NO."

"So you do know?"

"Ugh. Crapper."

"Teeeellll meeee..."

"No. You're going to get me in trouble, Nathan."

"Pllleeeease."

"NO."

"Come on Adds! It's not I'm going to tell anyone..."

"Ohohoho LIAR. You'll tell the entire school!"

"So?"

"NO."

"No what?" Mace and Rexy came into view.

"I don't have time for this Rex and I have class. SEE YOU." I ran off. Sweet escape. I thinking that I should kill Matt Silent. Anyone? Fine.

"Have a seat Miss Rosch." She said beckoning to one of the stage chairs. I plunked down into it.

"Um.. I'm almost done with the second to last act, if that's what you're wondering." I said.

"Oh no that's not it. I was wondering. Mr. Silent and you seem to be... Well, complicated," Pfft. "and he seems to be more of a hindrance than a help. I was hoping you'd keep an eye on him for me."

"No you weren't. You were hoping that he would keep teasing me enough that he would stop breaking things because he's in here so much for detention."

"In a manner."

"So I'm a sacrifice."

"If you keep him from destroying my set you're free from all homework on Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. You're here enough to know the whole thing by heart anyway."

"Ms. Cross you got yourself a deal." So I'm a sacrifice. At least no homework. BIG PLUS. Yay, no homework. Yay. Now I just have to deal with the birthday party Wednesday. Fantastic. Faaan-freaking-tastic.

Holy crap. When Rexy does a party she certainly goes all out. I mean, seriously, can she get any more anal about the decorations and crap? To be honest, I really don't get the hype about birthdays. You're just celebrating a year closer to death. Growing up is so not on my mind. Seventeen. Jebesus. I glared at the purple streamers on the walls of my living room, the candy looking... well... I'll admit amazingly organized and decorative in they're bowls. The awesome cake my dad made. White cake with mini chocolate chips and with vanilla frosting colored blue with Bloo drawn in icing on the top. It's awesome! That's the best thing about having a good cook for a dad on your birthday. AWESOME cakes. Blooregard Q. Kazoo. Love.

"So why DO you hate your birthday?" Mace asked glancing at me curiously, taking a piece from the perfectly sculpted bowls of candy.

"Oh yeah, that's a good topic to talk about ON her birthday AT her birthday party. Idiot." Rexy rolled her eyes and playfully punched his shoulder. Truth be told, I was grateful for that comment.

I wonder where...

What?

I wonder where Matt is. Rexy, Nathan, and Mace are all here. Where's Matt?

How the hell should I know? DIIIINNNGGG DOOONNNGG! FREAKING HELL WE NEED A NEW DOORBELL!! Damnit. I got up and opened the door. Speak of Satan here he is. HAH I can still see his bruise. I win.

"What the hell are you supposed to be," I raised my eyebrows. Rexy had decided costumes, so yesterday she made us pick out NEW costumes. Holy crap that was a disaster. Nathan and Mace are, get this, GHOSTBUSTERS. Pah. Rexy is a Greek Goddess, and I'm... I'm...

Hehe... Marilyn Monroe.

With partially blue hair. In her classic white dress. I looked Matt up and down, "Johnny Cash?" I took a guess, standing aside so he could come in.

"Who?" He asked, with a quizzical look on his face and sat in the chair next to the filled up couch.

"J-Johnny Cash? The man in black?" I said gesturing to his all black clothing. Nice button up shirt and pants, with nice black leather shoes. Seriously, is he kidding?

He's got to be kidding.

I know, right?

Totally.

"You're JOKING right?" I said, my eyes wide as saucers staring at him like he was an alien.

"What are you guys talking about?" Rext said, her head tilted to one side.

"Something about some guy I've never heard of." Matt shrugged.

"Whatever you dirty hack." I growled. Now I was the one being stared at.

"Oh come on!" I glared at them, looking for SOMEONE who knew who he was. "Johnny Cash. Man in black. Cocaine Blues 'You're the dirty hack who shot your woman down?' COME ON!" Waved my hands in the air. They still looked confused.

"Doesn't ANYONE know who Johnny Cash is anymore?"

"You called?" Said a VERY familiar voice from the doorway. NO WAY. I flipped around.

"JOHNNY GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE YOU SON OF A BITCH AND GIVE ME A HUG!" I squealed and jumped into the arms of a tall, black haired, black dressed, dark brown eyed young man. THIS IS THE BEST BIRTHDAY EVER. BOOYAH. I love my birthday.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay sorry for neglecting my story guys! Well my labtop was being crazy so I couldn't really update. Anyways if you guys are still reading this comments are much appreciated.