Sequel: It's No Surprise
Status: FINISHED. WATCHOUT FOR THE SEQUEL.

The High School from Hell

Hell Here I Come.

"You're gonna go away now," I snarled, still gripping her hair, "You are not coming back, and you are going to leave Nathan alone. Do I make myself clear?" She nodded and whimpered, "Good." I growled slamming her car door, and turning my back as she drove away. I glowered at the sidewalk and I stomped into the house, pausing only to let Nathan in after me.

"Wow, I didn't think you'd be so," He paused, "enthusiastic."

"Shut up." I said turning on the TV and plopping down onto the couch.

"Okay." He said sitting next to me, with a "Change the channel,"

"Pft. No." I said grumpily.

"What's eating you?" Nathan said seriously.

"I really really hate planes." I answered seriously.

"Liar. Spill." He shoved me lightly.

"I'm not lying!" And I changed the channel. But he didn't notice.

"You are." Nathan raised his eyebrows.

"When are we going to fix up Mace and Rexy?" I asked, looking away.

"And now you're changing the subject." He poked my shoulder.

"Just SHUT UP Nathan!" I groaned.

"Aaadddyyy..."

"There's nothing wrong. Honest to goodness, there is nothing wrong. I swear. In fact everything is great! My cousin's having a baby! Promise." I hugged him though, to show how much I appreciate it when he worries.

"Okay." Aw, Nathan gives the goodest hugs.

Goodest?

Shut up, you're ruining the moment.

Sorry...

That's better.

Stupid school. I hate it. I really do. Homework is a bitch, the teachers are just plain mean and our Principal is out to get me. I SWEAR. Not to mention frickin' Keiler. Bastard. Mah! Stupid ipod and getting lost in my damn mess of a room. Its like the void of hell. I really should clean it when I get home, but who am I kidding, I'm not gonna. Hmm... I bet I could get Rexy to do it. She's so anal. Have you seen her room? Its cleaner then... Canada...? That doesn't seem right... Definitely not Texas... Cleaner than the Queen of England's bathroom! There we go! Now where was I...? Oh yeah! She'd step one foot into my room and freak out. Simple as that. Scream about, throwing stuff back into the closet, making the bed. And when she's done she scoff and say, "that's better," and say no more on the subject. She is so easy to manipulate when I need something. BWAHAHAHAHA. I am almost like the ruler of the world. I truly am.

You, my dear, truly are a moron.

Who asked you?

Well you were rambling about stupid things!

I repeat: Who asked you?

I hate you.

Likewise. I slammed my locker shut and headed for the Principals office. I should be painting, as I only have two months left to finish them. Bah. So not fun. But I have been called to the Principals office, and this time I didn't do anything wrong! At least, I don't think I did, not since that HILARIOUS picture of Matty-poo... besides... that was forever ago.. Hmm... I opened the door, and plopped down into a waiting seat with "Hey Martha," directed at the receptionist who was painting her nails.

"Hey Addy, whatcha in for this time?"

"Wish I knew," I mumbled, resting my face in my hands.

"Miss Rosch?" I looked up, Principal Lasseder was peaking out of his doorway and smiling in way I did not appreciate. "Come in and have a seat," He said, opening the door to let me through beckoning me to the seat in front of his desk. I took one of them, why are there two seats?! That's not good. I waiting patiently, but Lasseder continued to grin quietly behind his desk. I'm officially afraid.

"You do know that we have been thinking of getting you a tutor?" Seriously. This school puts WAAAAY too much effort into having perfect students.

"Yeah."

"Well, the tutor board," Tutor board? "really can't spare anyway at the moment," See I told you they put way to much effort, "So we had to find someone else. I think it will fit the situation quite--" He paused as the door opened. I kept my eyes on the desk. "--Good you're here, have a seat." I felt someone move behind me and take the seat to my left. "As I was saying, I think it will fit the situation quite well." Summoning up my courage I looked at the seat beside me. OH GODS NO!! !!! PLEASE GOD NO, NO NO NO! I jumped from my seat and stared in shock at the smirking figure next to me.

"Is there a problem Miss Rosch?" Lasseder said calmly gazing up at me from his seat behind the desk.

"Problem? Seriously, which of us do you have it out for, 'cause I can tell I'll kill 'im." I said in shock, unable to tear my eyes from the laughing light, bright sea green turquoise ones that held my hazel ones.

"Don't be silly Miss Rosch, I'm sure you two can get along!" Lasseder smiled, or smirked. Not sure which.

"You mean he gets into a lot less trouble when he's picking on me," I growled. INJUSTICE.

"Of course not," Lasseder is so faking it, "what ever made you believe that!" Hmmm.. I don't know, maybe its because you're a lying vindictive bastard who wants to sacrifice my life so he can go home and relax and not worry about the Spawn of Satan doing something stupid. Why me?! DAMNIT.

"Miss Rosch and Mister Silent, you are dismissed. I expect a raise in your grades, Miss Rosch." He said with a wave of his hand. THIS MEANS WAR LASSEDER!! I growled under my breath and walked out of his office, doing my best to ignore Silent who was walking nonchalantly beside my with his arms behind his head.

"Come on Blondie, its not like I volunteered for the job." He said finally when I continued to ignore him.

"Oh you didn't? Any chance you get you torture me, why am I supposed to believe this is any different?" I snapped. He rolled his eyes.

"So.. You're failing?" He grinned,

"Let's get one thing straight, I'm NOT failing. I'm just not... reaching the expectations of West Wood High Acadamy of the Bitch Ass Principal Lasseder." I snarled. So. Not. Happy.

"Yeah.. Riiight."

"Shut up Nerd."

"Ooh that was a good one." RESIST. THE URGE. TO KILL! FORGET IT. I kicked his knee with such furious loathing he fell back into the lockers.

"What're you trying to break my knee cap?" He growled.

"Hopefully." I retorted with a twisted half grin in satisfaction. WHY DOES SATAN HATE ME?!

Oh. MY. God. Can't breath! I coughed and spluttered roughly. I groaned against my pillow. Every year this happens to me, and every year it feels worse than it did before. The beginning of December, I get sick. End of conversation. It happens, it always does, and there is nothing I can do to stop it. Problem: I have a test today, and if I skip out because I'm sick I'll never hear the end of it from a certain yummy arrogant bastard named Matthew Silent. My so called "tutor". Tch. Yeah. All our "study sessions", admittedly there has only been two, end up with either me stalking out of the library furious or me learning nothing because Matt is a horrible ass teacher who laughs when you get something wrong and calls you stupid and pokes your stomach and teases you until you scream and get kicked out of the library anyways. How is THAT helpful? Well, it almost sorta is. Because when I get home I study until my head hurts so bad it feels like a boa constrictor wrapped itself around my head and squeezed. Because I know as soon as I pull my grades up its bye-bye Matty and heeeellooooo freedom! So, despite my hatred and sickness, I will be going school. Even if it kills me. I just gotta get out of the house before my dad sees I'm sick... hmm.. I thought about my escape plan as I got ready to go, brushed out my hair, and shoved on some clothes. Dad left early YES! I went out to my car, huddling in my jacket, damn its cold, and drove to school. I need some cough drops.

You really should stay home!

No.

Addy. This is bad for your health.

I'm already sick! What's the point?

You can get sicker you know.

I doubt that seriously.

ADDY. GO BACK HOME NOW.

NO!

Addy. I'm serious!

I really can't get any sicker, I'm already twisted, you're proof!

I'm not joking.

I don't care. I parked and walked up to the arch that led into the school and down the concrete walk to the double glass doors and into the halls.

"Hey Blondie, you ready to fail?" I refuse to dignify that with an answer. I kept walking down the school corridors and Matty walk silently, hehe, beside me as if waiting.

"What no witty comeback." I lifted my chin and stared with poise in front of me. He stared at me curiously. "You okay," He reached out to feel my forehead but I jerked away.

"I'm fine," I growled, walking into the class room, taking my usual seat, Bekka's former seat. I still do it because it still bugs the shit out of her and its just funny.

How can you understand that and not why Matt teases you?

Because he's just plain mean.

Oh yeah right.

Look can you not talk? I'm already tired and have a headache as it is.

Fine, be that way.

... Just shut up you... so tired... so.. don't fall asleep... in class.. will still.. get detention... even if teacher... is dating... father... sleeeeeppp...

"Wake up sleepy head," A voice whispered huskily in my head. I jumped, the kids were standing up and exiting the classroom. I gazed around stupidly. Had Ms. Cross really not realized I was asleep? I gazed up at Matt who was staring at me with that damn curious expression.

"What the hell is wrong with you Blondie?" He asked, grimacing with concentration. Oh good lord he's blind.

"Nothing. Leave me alone." I snapped walking out and hurrying to my next class. I'm never going to get through this. Not at all. At least my test is next. Get it over with... Lord help me, I'm going to die. Doing my best to keep from hacking my lungs out I sat down without complaint. Let's just hope I don't fall asleep again.

Made through school, thank god. I nearly collapsed in gym, had to run laps again, now I just need to get home. Where the fuck did I park me jeep? Avoiding my friends isn't easy, either. Which I pretty much had too, otherwise they would have figured out I was sick, and there was no way I was going to let Matt make me fail, not only that I'm still grounded until I get an A in at least one of the classes I'm failing so its not that hard to lie, other than the fact that I could really have used a Nathan hug today. They might have seen through my lies if it weren't for the fact that they're going skiing this weekend, they do it every year beats the hell out of me why someone would want to strap sticks to their feet and slid down a hill. I may have aced that test too, I think I did. I knew most of the questions. Where the fuck is my jeep?! My baabbby... Where are you?

"Blondie! Hey!" I turned around, realizing that I had been wandering in the parking lot looking for my jeep and was now again in front of the school. I realized why both he and Aaron were standing, with Brad and Tom, outside of school. I accidentally skipped painting. I'd forgotten. They were staring at me like I had a tail.

"What?" I croaked. Damn, I'm losing my voice.

"What're you doing?" Aaron asked.

"Looking for my jeep," I mumbled, trying to keep from wrecking my voice.

"Its right there." Matt pointed to my life. Oh. Well so it is.

"Thanks," I walked over to my car and searched my pockets for my keys. "Keys, keys, keys,-- oh damn." I muttered as I glared at my keys. Sitting on the dashboard. Of my LOCKED Wrangler... great. I'll have to jack my way in. Taking a deep breath, I turned back to Matt and his friends who were beginning to walk away.

"I don't suppose any of you has a slim jim?" I called in a hoarse voice. Matt turned around, surprised. "I locked my keys in my car." I said, pointing at it.

"Nope." He grinned but came over to look inside my car all the same. "You're really out of it today, huh?" He smirked. Resisting the urge to smack him, I saved my energy and started walking my way toward home. I'd have to get the spare key and pick it up later.

"Where are you going?" Matt came up beside me.

"I could ask you the same thing," I muttered, "Shouldn't you be with your friends? It's a Friday night, don't you have plans? Like a normal human?" I tried to say, but my voice cracked. His cool hand felt my forehead, this time I couldn't jerk away.

"Addy you have a fever, what are you doing at school?" He grimaced.

"I had a test today," I whispered roughly, "You'd never have let it go if I had skipped because I was sick."

"So you came? What were you thinking," This time I did jerk away from his hand, which was reaching for my shoulder.

"Oh don't touch me. Go back with your friends and leave me alone," I snapped, and regretted it, it hurt my throat. "I should have known you'd dig into me either way." I muttered crossly, walking forward, fighting the dizziness.

"Addy, you can't walk home," Matt said rolling his eyes and reaching out for my hand.

"Don't you get it? I don't care, GO--" That did it. My voice spluttered and hacked then went away completely. Ah shiz. This is so not cool.

"I'm taking you home," But I backed up and shook my head violently. LIKE HELL YOU ARE.

"Don't be so stubborn Blondie." My sad attempts to growl at him left me coughing more. Taking advantage of my huddled form he grabbed my arm and wrestled me into the car and buckled me in. DAMN YOU MATTHEW SILENT. "STAY." He said firmly turning to talk to Aaron who had stayed behind to wait for him. They exchanged a small conversation before Matt got back into the driver's seat and slammed his door shut. I glared at him, but since I was unable to talk I said nothing. Son of a bitch, son of a bitch, son of a bitch, son of a bitch, son of a bit--

Yes, yes, we get it.

No I don't think you do.

I told you to stay home, didn't I? I told you not to go to school, didn't I? "Go home" I said, "You're sick" I said, but noooooo.

Yes, yes, we get it. Its not my fault Matt's a cantankerous craphead.

Actually I think he's being quite chivalrous.

I think you're crazy. You're point is what exactly?

He's being NICE. You're just ungrateful.

I NEVER ASKED FOR A RIDE HOME. I told him to leave me alone! This is HIS problem.

You can be so blonde sometimes Addy.

Oh shut up. I refused to even glance at him as I stalked, wobbling slightly, away from the car and into my house. He will pay, just as soon as I can stand without holding on to something. Yesss.. oooh the room is spinning... ooh not good.

"Addy is that you? Guess what!" Ooh, daddy sounds excited... wonder what, ooh dizzy, for? I staggered into the kitchen where, oh lord not good, Dad was standing in with bags packed. What is going on here.

"I've can a cooking conference this weekend! Sudden, I know but--" He paused and seemed to realize that I had just collapsed into a chair.

"Oh no, its the beginning of December, oh I should have known, oh Addy--" He ran about and got me some pills and glass of water, "--here hunny."

"Thanks dad... What were you saying?"

"Oh, a conference on fresh fish and how to cook it, nothing important I'll just have to cancel, I can't leave you--"

"No!" I jumped up, and sat back down immediately coughing and dizzy.

"Addy you can't expect--"

"Go," I said hoarsely, gulping down water and pills, "Honest, I can take care of myself for a few days," I added trying to keep my voice from cracking.

"Addy, you know as well as I do that every time you're sick you hate being babied but you can barely move. You'll never get well one you're own and you'll die of starvation." He said handing me a thermometer. I set it on the table and gazed up furiously at him

"You--" I hacked, and he handed me a notepad and pen. I scribbled down a few words.

"You love those conferences YOU'RE GOING." He read aloud, "Oh honestly Addy you're so damn stubborn. Put that thermometer in your mouth right now." He said sternly at me. DING DONG!! SON OF BITCH WHY DOESN'T ANYONE KNOCK ANYMORE GOOD LORD!

"Hello Harry! Matt told me Addy was sick and I came by to see if there was anything I could do!" That evil bastard.

He's concerned about you!

YEAH RIGHT! HE TOLD HIS MOTHER. If that doesn't say "haha you're sick and now I've sent my mother to torture you because I hate you and wish only for your demise," then I don't know what does.

You're crazy.

I think we've established that its because you're here.

I still think he's concerned.

I still think you both are full of shit. I strained to here the conversation my dad was having with Matt's mom.

"... No we couldn't!" I heard my dad gasp.

"That would be no problem at all!" What?

"Are you sure? Addy's... not easy to handle when she's sick." No.

"Hmm, I have to deal with Matt when he's sick, whiny." Oh no no no. Wait whiny? Hehe. "Its no imposition. Michelle's been dying to see her again."

"I don't know.." Dad may save me yet.

"Really Harry, have her go pack her things. I'll walk her over myself." OH NO. OH GOD NO. I gazed up with wide, frightened eyes as my dad checked my temperature.

"Hmm... 102.9... Addy?" He asked tentatively. Let dad go to the conference... spend the weekend, sick and unable to talk, with the Spawn of Satan.

Dad.

Or sanity.

Dad.

Or sanity.

Dad.

Sanity.

Dad...

Sanity...

Hmm... Tough choice. I gazed into my dads baby blue eyes. Aw shit. Well, my sanity went out the window awhile ago.

Hey!

Dad it is. Sanity, whatever I had left, goodbye. Hell here I come.