Sequel: It's No Surprise
Status: FINISHED. WATCHOUT FOR THE SEQUEL.

The High School from Hell

Detective Rosch Is On The Case.

"Ms Cross? Miss Cross?!" I tapped gently on her face, come on girl, wake up. Please, please be okay.

"Come on hunny, wake up," I whispered anxiously. "Please..." Her eyelids fluttered and her green eyes stared up at me looking confused/

"Miss Rosch...?" she whispered hoarsly.

"You collapsed." I smiled in relief. "Okay which of these strong mens think they can carry Ms Cross to the nurse's office?" I called over my shoulder.

"I'll do it." A deep voice grunted from behind me. Wow. He's big.

Isn't he a linebacker?

I think you're right.

"Name's Chuck." He grunted.

"This is silly I can walk." Ms Cross said... crossly... Whatever.

"Pah, like I'm just going to let you get up after you faint and are unconcious for five minutes." I rolled my eyes, honestly adults can be so stubborn.

You two are going to get along famously.

Shut up.

What? Really you two are like two peas in a pod.

I don't know what you're talking about.

Do you even REALIZE how stubborn and obstinate you are?

Whatever.

Looks like I win this time.

I am so not talking about this with you anymore.

"Alright big guy, lets get her out of here." I said, slapping Chuck on the back, then immediately regretted it. Damn that hurt, he's like MADE of muscle.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ugh. Back to painting. You know what I think the problem is? I've been painting these damn scenes for months now, I think I've forgotten what it feels like to paint for pleasure. Maybe I should do a headless portrait of our favorite yummy arrogant bastard. Haha, headless. Awesome. The nurse still hasn't let Ms Cross out of her sight, so I was hoping we'd go unsupervised. No such luck. Guess who's supervising? Just guess. AARON. YEP. NO KIDDING. I am SO glad I am not part of this play. I swear everybodies sick today. Both lead actors are sick and Bekka is out, and that doorknob Tom. I am so so so glad I only get sick in the beginning of december. Anyways, back to previous topic. I am seriously taking a painting hiatus for a good MONTH before I even think about drawing. Its going to be REALLY fun doing some art for myself for once. Aaron is a seriously SCARY director. I don't even have to participate and I'm frightened--

"Addy come here for a sec!" DAMNIT.

You jinxed yourself.

I KNOW.

You said it not me.

I KNOW.

Heheheehe.

I KNOW.

So you're fault.

I KNOW. I growled menacingly and glared at everything as I made my way to Aaron who was smiling evilly at me. Oh that's not good.

"What d'you want?" I snarled darkly.

"Don't be rude Addy or I might keep you here late." He grinned vindictively.

"Don't pretend that I still wont kick your ass." I mocked his grin.

"Which is exactly why you're going to do me a favor." He said viciously. HE SO HAS TO BE BLUFFING.

"What exactly makes you think that I'm going to do anything for you? I have three and a half weeks to finish these scenes and you want me to take a break?" I was shaking my head and pursing my lips. DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT.

"Well my two lead actors are sick and we need someone to rehear these lines. Why not let the two people who aren't in the play do it, everybody else has to act their own parts." He was saying innocently with wide eyes.

OH MY GOD...

... Does that mean what I think it means?

Knowing Aaron, probably.

ARE YOU LAUGHING AT MY MISERY?

Yeah. Yeah, I am.

I hate you.

I know.

I glanced between Matt and Aaron with a spluttering speachlessness that I couldn't control. "Hahaha. That is-- so-- That is-- that's not gonna happen!" I shook my head, "No. NO! No, no, no, no NO! NOT EVEN. GOING TO HAPPEN. DO YOU HEAR ME? Not gonna happen!"

"What are you so afraid of Blondie?" Matt was smirking, Aaron was laughing.

"I am not afraid of ANYTHING." I said, freaking out, "But you two, haha, you two should be VERY afraid." I growled with wide angry eyes.

"You a bad actor?" Aaron said mocking me. I hate him, I really hate him.

"NO! I am NOT a bad actor, I am a perfectly adiquate actor, thank you." I snapped. "But I know exactly what you are thinking and it's not going to happen!"

"You have no idea what I'm thinking." Matt assured me with a side glance.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I raised a questioning eyebrow.

"Nothing you're going to find out anytime soon," He smiled, his amazing sea green eyes twinkling secretively.

"Is that supposed to scare me?" I raised my chin slightly.

"Don't get so defensive," He rolled his eyes, "worrying will only give you premature wrinkles."

"Maybe I should start smoking and make it a package deal." I muttered under my breath. "I think you're just mad because the Packers are in the play-offs and the bears just plain suck."

"Why would I be mad because of that? The Slackers may be in the play-offs but we slaughtered them both times we played them so you really don't have the right to gloat."

"Please,--" I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, if you two are done flirting you mind acting out this scene for me? I'd like to tell Ms Cross that I got something done. She can be a scary woman." Aaron cut in handing each of us a script.

"What part of NOT GONNA HAPPEN do you not understand?!" SERIOUSLY IS HE DEAF.

"You owe me Addy, remember that." He leaned over and whispered in my ear, "Humor me my dear."

DAMNIT. FEFFING MOTHER OF A GUN. I am so not happy right now.

"FINE." I snarled opening the script to the marked page. My jaw dropped in horror, "No. I refuse. Point blank."

"Do you want me to tell him what you're about to do?" Aaron mouthed harshly.

"You wouldn't dare," I mouthed back.

"Watch me." He mouthed, pressing his finger on the page and stepped back. Meanwhile Matt was chuckling to himself.

"This is so not funny." I said in a high-pitched voice, I think my hands are shaking again.

"Really because I find it funny." Matt laughed deeply. OH FUZKIT YOU YOU SON OF A BITCH.

"You can start right here Matt." Aaran said pointing to a paragraph on the page.

"But, soft! what light through yonder window breaks? It is the east, and Juliet is the sun. Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon, who is already sick and pale with grief, that thou her maid art far more fair than she: Be not her maid, since she is envious; Her vestal livery is but sick and green and none but fools do wear it; cast it off. It is my lady, O, it is my love! O, that she knew she were! She speaks yet she says nothing: what of that?" I breath literally stopped in my chest. "Her eye discourses; I will answer it. I am too bold, 'tis not to me she speaks: Two of the fairest stars in all the heaven, having some business, do entreat her eyes to twinkle in their spheres till they return. What if her eyes were there, they in her head? The brightness of her cheek would shame those stars, as daylight doth a lamp; her eyes in heaven would through the airy region stream so bright that birds would sing and think it were not night. See, how she leans her cheek upon her hand! O, that I were a glove upon that hand, that I might touch that cheek!" He said with such a passion it shocked me thoroughly, I let out a stunned breath, realizing it was my line.

"Ay me!" I said trying to go for some conviction but I may not have pulled it off, I was to busy staring into his bright sea grean eyes.

"She speaks: O, speak again, bright angel! for thou art as glorious to this night, being o'er my head as is a winged messenger of heaven unto the white-upturned wondering eyes of mortals that fall back to gaze on him when he bestrides the lazy-pacing clouds and sails upon the bosom of the air." My heart pounded in my throat as I glanced down at my script for a split second.

"O Romeo, Romeo! wherefore art thou Romeo? Deny thy father and refuse thy name; Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love, and I'll no longer be a Capulet." I said, wholeheartedly putting feeling into my words."

"Shall I hear more, or shall I speak at this?"

"'Tis but thy name that is my enemy; Thou art thyself, though not a Montague. What's Montague? It is nor hand, nor foot, nor arm, nor face, nor any other part belonging to a man. O, be some other name! What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet; So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd, retain that dear perfection which he owes without that title. Romeo, doff thy name, and for that name which is no part of thee take all myself." I said breathlessly and paused waiting for Matt to say his line, faintly aware that Aaron had disappeared. Matt raised his hand hesitantly, then gently brushed the hair from my face--

"AARON!" Ms. Cross screeched. I jumped away from Matt instantly. "What have you conned Addy into? She needs to finish the scenes this insant!" I exhaled in relief and chucked my script hitting Aaron in the back of the head and headed over to the painting I was doing earlier. What the hell was that?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got into my Jeep and started the roaring engine with shaking hands. Crazy. I'm going crazy. Completely, utterly crazy. No point in denying it, my mind is playing tricks on me and I've gone completely CRAZY.

I told you---

YOU ARE NOT HELPING.

But I--

SHUT UP.

I--

SHUT UP I SAY. RIGHT NOW.

Fine.

It didn't happen. It just didn't happen. Even if it did happen I bet it was some sort of cruel trick he and Aaron played on me. I was going to spare Aaron from the humiliation I was going to bring down Matt with but he just bought himself a oneway ticket to HELL. Tomorrow will be brilliant. I can't wait now. It should just make Friday bareable.

What's Friday?

Tutoring session with Matt. If I ace my Math test it should be my last, thank God.

Are you sure--

Don't even think about it.

Fine.

Alright then. I turned into my driveway and shut off the engine, time to re-edit the video. Aaron is so going DOWN. Oooh that reminds me I need to call Johnny. I may not be using the super secret ultimate revenge but he'll still get a major kick out of this. Bwah, how much do I love this plan. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I caaaan't wwaaaaait foooor tooomooooorrrrrroooooow! Lalalalalalaaaaalaaaaaaaaaa... I think I'm going to play DDR after I this, play something besides Butterfly, that way Mace and Nathan can't complain that I'm only good at one song anymore. Pfft please, they can be such girls all the time. And they call themselves men, please, I kick there asses in most games... except Halo... stupid Halo...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hehehehehe. My clever plans always work. HOWEVER. I must insure maximum... awesomeness so I will add one extra thing... DONE. I grinned at Nathan as we switched the DVDs and tapped a few things on the computer for the Auditorium. I glanced around and we snuck out from behind the curtain and down to the seats Rexy and Mace were holding for us, right front and center. We waited silently, smirking to ourselves as the auditorium began to fill with people. It was perfect, we were evil geniuses. This was to be the greatest revenge this school had ever seen, not even Matt could top this, I had won. Once and for all. Principal Lasseder come out onto the stage, holding up a mic awkwardly and clearing his throat.

"Umm... This--" BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH HURRY UP OLD MAN "-- has been called because we were sent a manditory drug and alcohol DVD,--" A series of groans could be heard "-- that the board has requested we all watch, Coach Keiler the lights, if you would." I grinned wildly as the lights dimmed and the dvd projection screen came down and someone pressed play. The screen when red with a black caption sayin, "Why you shouldn't do drugs," And then my little video played. Matt came on the screen, wearing nothing but his boxers, obviously drunk off his mind, and singing loudly "Wannabe," by the Spice Girls. He was even doing the dance. Bursts of laughter came from all over the auditorium as the video continued to play out. After Matt sang his song he jumped on a poker table and screamed, "I SCREAM YOU SCREAM WE ALL SCREAM FOR ICECREAM," Then he took the camera from Aaron who then did some Michael Jackson moves that were particularly hilarious. Then the red screen came back. "This is what happens when you do drugs."

"This is the best thing EVER." Nathan grinned.

"Right?" I laughed. Perhaps this takes some explaining. Well, not particularly happy with Matt for black mailing me into being his date, I threatened Aaron to an inch of his life to give me something juicy on him or else. I can be very convincing. Do to his help I was going to cut out his part in the video, but I decided not to after all. When we first got the video and I showed it to Nathan he told me about the Essembly we would be having in a week or so about drug use and we made this little plan to switch the tapes, so to speak.

"I'm gonna go before I get blamed for this," I whispered to my friends, grinning widely and sneaking from the Auditorium silently. I stepped out into the hall closest to my History class, smirking victoriously. I WIN.

"You did this?" I looked up at Matt who, to my surprise and disappointment, wasn't looking embarressed or mad but rather impressed and grinning.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I said innocently, wait-- Why does he look like his going to pounce on me? Matt smirked evilly and took a step closer, slightly crouched. My eyes grew wide in horror and I stumbled backwards as he charged at my and grabbed my around my waist from behind me, how he got behind me so fast I'll never know, pulling me closer and lifting me off the ground.

"LET ME GO." I squealed, feeling the sudden urge to laugh, "MATT THIS ISN'T FUNNY!" I shouted, my voice five octaves higher than normal. "PUT ME DOWN."

"Now why would I want to do that?" He whispered huskily. DAMNIT.

"MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATT." I whined loudly, and gasped when Lasseder came out the doors looking grim. OH BOY.

"SO." He said looking at us. Matt was still holding my waist from behind and lifting me in the air, our laughter died down instantly.

"Uuhhhh.. Hi." I said smiling innocently.

"So." He repeated holding up the DVD, "Which of you was it?"

"Not me," Matt and I said at the same time then had to hold down more chuckles.

"Suuuure. The past five months you to have been pranking eachother and consequently getting the school invovled and you want me to believe it was neither of you."

"I believe you mean 'wasn't either'," I correct with a serious face, Matt was sniggering in my hair.

"Miss Rosch this is serious." He said waspishly.

"I believe you sir, I really do, But as a rule don't I usually take credit for my masterpieces? I mean so for they've all had my signature right? And where in the world would I get that video? I think that its possible that it was Miss Attle. She has been very threatening lately." I said meaningfully, pulling away from Matt. "I don't know whats gotten into her."

"Rest assured Miss Rosch, I will find out who did this and when I do they WILL be suspened," He said glaring at us and stalking away.

"Very nice Blondie, very nice, I didn't know you had it in you. I assume Aaron gave you the video." Matt said leaning against the nearest locker.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I repeated my words from before, trying very hard not to smirk smugly.

"Uh-huh, suuuuuure you don't." He rolled his eyes playfully.

"Sorry, Matt, you're asking the wrong girl." I shrugged.

"Well, if you find out who did this," He grinned knowingly over at me, "tell her that she's a genius, and she should wait for my.. reply." He walked away. Oooh mysteeeeriouuuuus. I rolled my eyes.

"I'M NOT AFRAID OF YOU." I called, he turned and grinned, shrugging at me. I grimaced. He is making it very hard to rub this in his face.

I know it's brilliant.

WHO'S SIDE ARE YOU ON?!

His.

Wow. Honest.

Like they say it's the best policy.

Hmm.

What?

I still can't believe that you chose him over me, I mean you live in my brain.

He's hot and you're crazy.

Yeah, but that's your fault.

That he's hot?

No, I'm crazy.

...

Hehehe...

I walked right into that one didn't I?

Yup.

Shiznat.

Yup.

Fuzkit.

Yup.

I hate you.

Yup.

Well alright then.

"Oooh Aaaddddyyyy..." Came a familiar sing-song voice from behind me as I walked to my English class.

"Yes Aaron?" This time I did not hide my smug grin.

"I thought the agreement was that I give you the tape, you keep me out of it." He said business like, grinning silently.

"I changed my mind." I shrugged.

"Uh-huh, might I understand why?" He asked with mocking curiosity, but still a smile on his face. What is with these boys and not angry or embarressed? Seriously.

"Try... running Romeo and Juliet lines? Possibly?" I tapped my chin and looked questioning.

"Well Miss Adeline Cecile, you still angry about that? Silly girl." He said like a southern bell.

"How did you find out my middle name?" I asked curiously, staring up at him. "No one knows my middle name."

"I have an in with the secretary, she thinks I'm hot." He smirked. I laughed loudly.

"Well, this is my class, and I will see you later. You better bring me a cookie today at lunch to make up for using your sexual manliness against the poor secretary to dig up my personal files." I grinned stepping into my English class. "See ya, Duke." Oh, yeah. I finally found out his last name. Not that he doesn't know everything about me.

"Later, Rosch." He went off to his first class. I grinned and shook my head, strolling into my English class, empty English class, and took my usual seat. Perhaps the Essembly is still in progress. Oh but who am I kidding. People think I'm a badass but I always manage to get to class before everyone else. I guess it's my undying love for my clas mates I just want to be everywhere early, get a jump on being a social butterfly. Riiiiiight.

You, the butterfly?

Did you miss the sarcasm?

Guess so.

Then let me help you, SARCASM.

Thanks for that.

No prob. I watched silently, humming tonelessly under my breath, as one by one and sometimes two by two people filed into the room. I hope Ms. Cross doesn't faint again, because that would totally suck. I don't think I have the energy for that. I didn't realize how tired I was until right now. I really wish I could take a nap, but this is probably the only class I'm truly passing with constant good grades, I should probably pay attention if I want to keep it that way. Damn this prestigious school and it's obsession with allstar students. Really. If I didn't kick ass at volleyball I might not have even gotten in. Imagine how disappointed they were when I didn't sign up for VB tryouts. Darn. Missed opportunity if you ask me. The room was full now with two exceptions. Ms Cross and Matt were both missing, I could even feel Bekka's glare at the back of my head. Seriously, will she ever get over this seat thing? Matt strolled in just as the late bell went off, walking casually to his seat which as usual was cautiously left empty for him. You know one of these days I'm going to steal his seat, see what happens. I probably give the entire class heartattacks. It will be a VERY interesting experiment.

"I'm here, I'm here, sorry I'm late class." Ms Cross came tumbling into the room, is it just me or does she look seriously out of it? Oh. I need to take Biscuit for a walk. I should remember that. I looked around me, catching Matt's eyes for a moment before looking away. He is so up to something and I'm going to find out what. Detective Rosch is on the case.