Sequel: It's No Surprise
Status: FINISHED. WATCHOUT FOR THE SEQUEL.

The High School from Hell

What A Strange Feeling.

"Come on Boy, come on chunky! Wanna go for walks? Wanna go? Yeah, you wanna go for walks. Let's go, let's get outta here." I rubbed Biscuit fiercely and hooked up his leash to his brand new collar and license. "Das a good boy, das a good boy," I said in a baby voice. I led him out to the front yard as he bounced up and down wagging his tail happily. I laughed quietly to myself as he dragged my along the sidewalk. "Woah there Bis, slow down there pal, I ain't made of legs, and these ones are wearing out fast." I said as we turned out of our little street and walked down the street by the grocery store to the big park about a mile from my house. The best dog friendly park in town. No leashes required.

"Ready to play chunky? Ready, ready?" I said unclipping his leash and stuffing it into my bag, waving a tennis ball in his nose. He jumped up, tongue lapping, "Ready? GO GET IT." I chucked the tennis ball and he ran after it. I gasped and covered my mouth as I saw where my ball hit. Totally on accident I might add.

Yeeeaaah. Sure.

It was I didn't even SEE Brad standing there with the rest of the little popular gang, not to mention I totally didn't foresee my dog jumping all over Bekka to get to the ball. Nor him to recognize Matty dearest, jump on him and slobber all over his face. Yeah. That's gonna help me in the long run. I whistled, "Bis! Come 'ere boy," I whistled some more until he came bounding over Brad and his little posse followed. Fuuun. Excellent, here I am minding my own business and I have to confront the Popular Goons of the high school from hell. Brilliant. Just brilliant.

"Well if it isn't Little Miss Bitch of the Century." Brad smirked at me as the strutted up to me.

"Bitch of the Century? Damn, and here I was aiming for Bitch of the Millennium. Well, that sucks." I rolled my eyes and pried the ball from Biscuit's mouth, I heard either Matt or Aaron snort. Wasn't looking.

"So, you thought you'd be funny and prank Aaron and Matt. Well just so you know," Bekka said sneering, I raised my eyebrows, "you won't get away with by the way. And I can't believe you tried to pin it on me." She scoffed loudly and flipped her fake blonde highlights. Resisting the urge to rip her hair out. Alrighty then.

"Yeah. Sorry about that Matt," I punched his shoulder, "But thanks Aaron for getting that tape, you're a pal." I grinned at my handiwork and clipped Biscuit on his leash and walked away.

"TRAITOR." Aaron called, I glanced over my shoulder. Bekka's mouth was hanging open and Matt looked furious, Tom and Brad were laughing, and the rest of the bimbo brigade was standing looking confused. Oh I so win!

"Yeah see I'm not sorry at all!" I called shrugging.

"I bet!" I heard him call back, I laughed loudly, "Come on Bis, let's go, let's go." I said pulling him over to the other side of the park near the small blue duck pond.

"Where do you think you're going with my dog?" Matt said walking up behind me just I sat in the grass, scratching Bis behind the ears.

"Your dog? I don't think so." I said as he groaned and plopped down next to me. "Seriously, are you following me? Maybe you're stalking me." I gasped loudly.

"Yeah, I'm stalking you. Isn't that the other way around? I mean, I know I'm good looking but have some self control woman." He shook his head grinning.

"You did NOT just call me 'woman', do you really have that much of a death wish?"

"I believe, as they say, the ball is in MY court, so you'll just have to wait until I make my move before you get all PMS cranky on me."

"You are such a jackass."

"Am not!"

"Please, you practically wrote the jackass guidebook."

"That's a good one. You write the sarcastic bitch guidebook."

"Oho, like that hasn't already gotten old. Do you ever come up with something new?" I questioned, mockingly.

"Mmm... What can I say Blondie? You just leave me tongue-tied." He smiled.

"And you make me want to puke. Thank you, Silent, so much for ruining my walk with MY dog. See around." I shoved his head and walked with Biscuit back down to the sidewalk. I half expected him to say something, but he didn't. I walked, slowly down the sidewalk suddenly... in a really bad mood I guess.

Disappointed?

No. Well... maybe. But I wasn't expecting more of a fight, I guess.

Suuuuure.

Shut up you, you are never any help at all. I'd wish you'd just go away.

Yes well, life's not fair.

Obviously.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nghhnhgmmmm... damn... alarm... clock... shut... uuuuuuuuup... I moaned against my pillow before throwing it at my desk and successfully knocked the alarm clock onto the floor, but that did not stop the annoying beeping from blaring loudly. If only I could reach that-- damn-- snooze-- BUTTON. I groaned heavily and pushed myself out of my bed, I really hate mornings. Although there is one thing good about this day. Today could possibly be my last day with Matt as my tutor. And tomorrow is Saturday. The weekend, no school, no worries, and dad has promised me chocolate chip cookies. No more Matt, no more Aaron, no more people I despise, and a whole weekend to just relax, hang out with my friends, and pig out on whatever sweet and can con dad into making me. Thank God for running laps during PE otherwise I'd be totally obese. I love sweets waaaaaay to much. No joke. At all. Especially when I'm depressed, I can eat a whole dozen cookies, two chocolate éclairs and a slice of cake without pause. 'S the French in me.

"Mmm..." I scrambled around, grabbing some clothes and running into the bathroom for a hot relaxing shower. I turned on the shower and hopped in taking my time. I hadn't pressed the snooze button a million times so I wasn't in a big hurry. But the steam and heat was nice and woke me up a great deal. I stepped out, dried off and pulled on my jeans and long sleeved red thermal and my Kitkat Sweater. I finished the rest of my bathroom routine. Jumping down the stairs, I hummed Sparta under my breath, feeling in no need of coffee this morning. This morning I decided to be... healthier than usual. I made some wheat toast with apricot jam and a tall glass of orange juice before pecking my dad on the cheek, grabbing my bag and jumping enthusiastically into my car before I realized where I was going. School. Damn. Oh... And tutor session with Matt. Ugh.

"Taaaaking baaack controoool..." I sang loudly banging my head to the CD. I'm really glad that no one else is in the car because I cannot sing AT ALL. It's rather embarrassing. I rolled my eyes as a big black truck came up beside me at a stop light and revved it's engine. Oh it's so on. I smirked and revved my engine roughly and laughed wildly. I waited in suspense, waiting for the light to turn green. I grinned over at the guys in the truck as the hocked their horn and catcalled. Oh boys, you're in for a surprise. I built this Wrangler to do exactly that. Wrangle. That's what we Frenchies call pulling in some tough sucker then kicking his ass. GREEN. I hit the gas with a lead foot, sped in front of them before burning rubbed fishtailing into the school parking lot. Owned face! Face it boys, a little blonde girl kicked your ass. I grinned and chuckled lowly, turning off the ignition and stepping out of my Jeep.

"What was THAT." Mace came up next to me, throwing an arm around my shoulders.

"That was me kicking ASS."

"Hell yes!"

"Where's your girlfriend and my dear Nathan?" I asked slinging my arm around his shoulders as we walked together into the school.

"Probably arriving in his car after fourth period." He joked and we laughed loudly. Nathan has a problem with being late everywhere, it annoys the crap out of Rexy especially since their mom makes them drive together to save gas.

"Probably. We didn't plan any pranks today so his probably taking his sweet ass time."

"Probably." We laughed again and split off to our separate lockers.

"Later Klein!" I called, waving.

"Later Rosch!" I heard him shout as I opened my locker and stuffed in the books I didn't need and shoved my lunch into the corner, making my way to my English class. Wow. I think this is the first time I've walked alone in these hallways for weeks. It's... pleasant. Peaceful. Oh damn. Must she ruin all my peace and quiet? I hate her. I really do. Bekka, flanked by Angela and... the rest of them... and gathered around me, pinning my to my locker with sheer numbers. Perhaps I should be afraid. But I'm not. I sighed, exasperated, and hitched my Fall Out Boy bag on my shoulder.

"Can I help you Bekka. I'm in a bit of a hurry. You should know, we are in the same English class." I grimaced.

"I just wanted you to know, throwing yourself all over Matt, it isn't going to work." Bekka sneered at me, her hands on her hips. "We're like this close--" She demonstrated with her fingers "--to being back together again, and I'm not going to let a little blonde tramp like you ruin it for me." She huffed. I expected her little blonde followers to be a little miffed, but no, probably because they aren't natural blondes. Must not be an issue for them.

"First. I don't want Matt! You-- can have him. But I don't want to be late for class, so if you'll excuse me." I pushed past them violently, suddenly in an extremely bad mood. Stupid Bekka. I am so taking her seat.

You are such a freakin' liar.

No I'm not.. I AM going to take her seat I assure you.

Not about that.

'Bout what then?

Well if I tell you you'll yell at me.

I can't yell in my brain.

Yes you can, you do it all the time.

Fine. I promise I won't yell.

Promise?

Promise.

Swear?

I SWEAR. I swear.

Okay... ...

Well? You gonna spill on your own or am I gonna have to tip you over?

You were lying when you said you didn't want Matt.

A-Addy?

RESISTING. THE URGE. TO YELL. I took a deep breath as I sat down in Bekka's old seat, mulling over my in voices words. I don't care what my inner voice says, I so don't want Matt Silent. Are you kidding? He's the jerk who bet he'd be able to have sex with me before Christmas. The jerk who's tortured me, endlessly, for no apparent reason other than we both want the last laugh. The guy who preyed on my good nature and conned me into being his date to a new years ball just to piss off his father. The guy who I once dumped a pie on. It's just plain not possible. I waited in silence, pondering these thoughts, as the class filled, keeping my eyes securely on the graffiti on my desk as Matt strolled in. No need to push a subject that sooo does not need to be pushed anymore then it already has. That is for sure.

So you're not mad at me?

What for? Why get angry over what's not possible.

Oh you are so in denial!

Am not.

Are too.

Am not.

Are too.

Am not!

Are too!

Begone with you! You and this childish agrument.

Yeah, 'cause I'm right.

NO I'M RIGHT.

NO I'M RIGHT!

QUIET. By the way... where is Ms. Cross? I hope she isn't sick again. The vice principal came in and announced the Ms. Cross was taking sick leave and he'd be taking over the class for the day. Oh that sucks. Majorly. The vice is a total nut job for one. For two Ms. Cross must have something serious because she's been acting weird for a few days now. I'll talk to my dad about it later today. I stared at the window, not paying attention to the vice, It looks like it's going to rain again. Just as I have this thought a drop hits the window. Then a few more, and full rain stars showering down on the ground. I knew I was psychic. And for the first time in a really really long time I fully appreciated the beauty of the rain. Because usually when it's raining I'm walking home or somewhere outside where the rain can just have its wicked fun with me. And it usually does. But inside looking out it was nice. The heat of the boring classroom made me long for the coolness of the rain. I leaned on my hand and let me eyes stray to the sea green ones I found staring, almost entranced, over at me. Dude, he looks he's trying to figure out a really hard puzzle. Really. I'm not that complicated.

...

What?

I hate to break it to you... but you a the strangest, most complicated, most simplest person. EVER.

Oh come on that doesn't even make any sense.

My point exactly.

Whatever. Fuzkit. What I wouldn't give to be outside, away from the Vice's monotone voice, Matt's eyes, and Bekka's glare. This so totally sucks. The window did not lose its interest and I continued to stare idly out of it. This is officially the LONGEST class. Ever.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh I really don't want to go in there, I really don't want to go in there. If Ms. Cross is out sick that means Aaron is supervising, which is bad. Why? Let's just say I don't want to make a repeat performance. But I only have two weeks to finish the last of the scenes. I paced, mumbling, outside the doors debating on whether or not to be responsible and risk torture or skip out and go home and mentally prepare myself for my hopefully last study session with Matt. I really can't put painting off, and I'm almost done. I just have two and a half scenes left to finish so I might as well get them over with. I wish Rexy would come with me. But no. She has a date with Mace that she has to get ready for and Nathan is, as he so crudely put, going to 'get some' tonight. And I really don't want to know what he means by that. Manwhore. Taking a deep breath I walked through the doors and to my doom. Settling into my usual seat I set up my things and started on the scene I had been working on the day before. I kept my eyes furiously on my work. Hopefully if I avoid eye contact...

"Addy!" I heard Aaron call gleefully.

"NO WAY IN HELL." I shouted, not even glancing backwards.

"FINE THEN! I WAS JUST GOING TO SAY HI BUT WHATEVER." He shouts back mocking indignance.

"OKAY." I shouted, but I grinned to myself. Crazy kid. My eyes never strayed from my work as Aaron came to sit beside me.

"Hey there sweetheart." He said smoothly.

"Hey there handsome." I copied his tone.

"Mmmm," he grinned, apparently trying to be sexy. But hey let's face, he can't NOT be sexy. "Whatcha doooin'?"

"Well... I am OBVIOUSLY painting my scenes."

"I can see that. But what are you thinking?"

"Do I get a penny if I tell you," I gasped mockingly.

"Heck yes!"

"Well then I must tell 'cause, you know, pennies are the best thing EVER."

"How about a quarter."

"How about you guess."

"Oookay. I think you are thinking about avoiding Matt." I stared at him in surprise. How the hell did he--

"Pfft. Whatever." Came my automatic response just a little too late.

"Suuuuure. That's why you hesitated right?"

"I didn't hesitate."

"You did so!"

"I'm not having this childish argument with you."

"Whatever you so hesitated."

"What is with you and Matt talking like you're gay?"

"I resent that."

"Thought you might."

"Listen, I'm going to give you some advice." He said seriously. "Stop, think, and realize that you've been staring at Matt since I mentioned his name." He smirked as I pulled my eyes back to him surprised. Damn. He had me there.

Told ya so.

Shut up you.

"Whatever." I scoffed, lifting my brush to start painting again. Aaron said, patted my shoulder patronizingly and walked off. I sighed. What am I going to do with myself. I concentrating on my work for the rest of the hour and actually finished a scene and began another one before I grabbed my things and headed out to my car. Unlocking my door I hopped in the drivers seat, turned the ignition, shifted gears and pulled out of the parking lot. Let's see... I have to walk my dog, feed my cats, get my homework together... Oh yeah and talk to my dad about Ms. Cross. I twilded my fingers on the steering wheel, remembering with a groan that it was my turn to do dishes tonight, and I'm supposed clean my room. Ugh. I turned into my driveway and grimaced at the front door. It was not looking to be a good Friday night.

"Honey I'm home." I said stiffly, dumping my bag and headed for the kitchen to see how bad the damage was. I stopped dead. The dishes... were DONE. Spotless. Dad know it's my night right? I sniffed the air, and turned to look at the counter by the fridge. ÉCLAIRS? BROWNIES? COOKIES? Oh god something is wrong here, this is bribing food. I turned at the sound of my father shuffling down the stairs. "Daaaad?" I said hesitantly.

"Hi Addy..." He said in a cautious voice... Oh this is bad. "Maybe you should sit down."

"Maybe I should stand and MAYBE you should tell me why you cooked pity food and are looking like you're about to hand me a bomb."

"Well... Honey... you really should sit down..." He trailed off in a mumble.

"DAD."

"Okay! Okay. I talked to Angie today and well... she had some news..." He trailed off uncomfortably. "Addy, Angie's pregnant."

"She-- who-- WHAT?!" I screamed. "Who-- How-- HOW THE HELL DID YOU LET THIS HAPPEN?! AGAIN!!" I shouted angrily, feeling the sudden urge to throw something.

"Now Addy--"

"DON'T YOU 'NOW ADDY' ME YOU IDIOT! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS! WHEN?!"

"Well.. you know that seafood convention... well it wasn't really a convention."

"YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT WHILE I WAS LITERALLY IN HELL YOU WERE IN SOME CHEAP MOTEL KNOCKING UP MY ENGLISH TEACHER?!" I shouted, throwing him the fiercest demon eyes I had ever summoned.

"Please stop glaring at me like that--"

"OH TO HELL I WILL I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT YOU LET THIS HAPPEN?! DID YOU NOT LEARN THE FIRST TIME?! DID YOU NOT LEARN WITH ME, THE CHILD YOU CONCEIVED AT FIFTEEN! WERE YOU SICK THE DAY HEALTH CLASS EXPLAINED THE WONDERS OF BIRTH CONTROL?!" I shouted brushing past him.

"Addy don't leave!"

"No, I am leaving. Because, unlike you, I have a study session AND I'M ACTUALLY GOING TO STUDY." I snatched up my bag and stormed out the door. How could he?! Is he stupid?

Don't you think you're being a bit harsh?

NO.

You're just angry. Look at it this way, you're not an only child anymore!

Oh yeah that's helpful. I rolled my eyes and knocked on Matt's front door.

"Hey Addy-- What happened to you?" Mikey said, her eyes wide at my expression.

"You don't EVEN want to know." I glowered. "Matt up in his room?" I asked.

"Yep. See yah. And-- Please don't kill him. I'm sure he's done something stupid, but I rather like having someone to blame stuff on." I laughed at that and bounded up the stairs, ready for my last, and I am determined that this statement will definitely be true, study session with Matt. I opened the door, and stopped dead. There was a sound coming from Matt's laptop that sounded all too familiar. Pain flooded my like a plague.

"No... no.. Justin... stop it... please..." I clenched my jaw just as Matt slammed his Laptop shut.

"Oh Addy I--" He stuttered but I held my hand up. I knew what the video was. Of course I knew, how could I not? It was the video of me being raped.

"Don't-- please just don't." I said calmly.

"Addy I swear I--"

"Stop. I don't want your false pity," My voice cracked slightly on that last word. "Just... just say it so I can go home." I said, my voice was still calm but I could feel the stinging in my eyes.

"Wh-- what?" He looked shell-shocked.

"Just say it." I said, my voice still horribly even, "Just call me whatever it is that's on your mind. Whore. Slut. Everybody else did. Would you just say it so I can go home." The tears were coming and I really didn't want to cry in front of him. "I just want to go home."

"Addy," He said, taking a step closer and I took a step backwards, "How could I possibly believe that what happened on that-- that you wanted that." He said. I looked up into his sea green turquoise eyes and snapped. My throat cracked into a sob, tears spilled over my arms and I ran into his arms, crying into his shirt. "I'm so sorry, Addy, I'm so sorry." He rested his chin on my head, wrapping his arms around me. Warm vanilla and cinnamon filled my senses. And for the first time in a long time-- I felt safe. What a strange feeling.