Sequel: It's No Surprise
Status: FINISHED. WATCHOUT FOR THE SEQUEL.

The High School from Hell

I KNEW Somebody, Somewhere, Cared.

"I still can't believe you did that." Rexy mused. I'm kinda regretting giving her my number. Ever since we met that first day she insists that we must be best of friends, I'm mean, she's great Mace and Nathan and everyone. I still don't understand how I became her best friend in like, minutes. Poor girl hasn't had a female friend since junior high, which is... sad really. Not that I'm complaining, but seriously, must she call me for every little thing?

You call tackling Matt Silent into a pile of empty boxes, which caused him to sprain his ankle pretty badly, before you had to be pulled off him by Nathan? Who said, and I quote,

"Geez Matt, you just can't keep the ladies off you." With a smirk. AND you nearly decked him too.


Yeah, but I didn't punch him, Nathan pulled me off to quickly.

So? The point was you TRIED.

Yeah, well, he dumped paint on me, I still don't have that shizat out of my hair.

"He deserved it." I said into the phone, shaking a can of spray paint.

"So? You do realize this means you're in for it? That kid is our best soccer player, do you realize what the school will do to you once they find out you sprained his ankle? It'll be a massacre."

"I'm glad you're confident in my skills." I grinned.

"I'm serious Addy. You'd better be careful."

"Yeah, yeah. I'm bored here all by myself. Come over."

"I don't know where you live."

"Yeah, you do. I live nextdoor to Silent."

"Oh yeah that helps."

"So you mean you haven't got his address memorized that the rest of the female student body?"

"Oh, haha. Just give me directions dumbass."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursdays, I've always hated Thursdays, something about the fact that it's so close to fridays and the weekend makes me think it's teasing me. Something like that. But today, it's the sign of my appending doom. Saturday... The barbecue. Not good, I tell you, not good. Plus, I've got a coke and icecream hangover. Haha, Rex's mom was so pissed when she came home hyper and soda drunk.

How do you get drunk on SODA?

Easy. Drink to much, and the caffeine makes you high. Sort of. Moving on. After my little red vision, tackling yummy arrogant bastards incident, I was sentenced to a weeks worth in detention with Miss Cross. But, on the bright side, so was the offending arrogant bastard. Serves him right.

"Ms. Rosch you are very nearly late." Ugh. My history teacher hates me. I mean, granted, I did tell him he was a boring old fuck. But hey, it's the truth. I speak only the truth. THE TRUTH DAMNIT.

"Well then, it's good that I changed your clocks huh? Or I'd be really late." I smiled and sat down in the back. But I paid dearly for my moment of challenging authority.

"ROSCH. Blah, blah, blah blah blah, what is the answer?" I SWEAR that's what he said. I mean, how was I supposed to answer that?

"I'm sorry, I don't speak boring. Want to try that again?" OH MY GOD. Did I just say that out loud?

"Detention. This afternoon." My dad is going to beat my ass.

"Uh.. I already have detention today."

"Oh, I see." Why do I have the strangest urge to smack that smirk right off his face? "Well then, you'll just have to see me after, won't you?" Double detention? Good, sweet Jebesus. My dad is going to crucify me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OH MY GOD. WHY WONT THIS STUFF COME OUT. I stared at myself in the bathroom mirror. Angry hazel eyes glared in the reflection. Long, choppy layers of gold fell around my face. Fire engine red streaks, and black underneath. I love my hair. Only problem is THE EFFING PAINT IN IT. It's so official, SILENT MUST DIE.

That's a bad idea, remember your FATHER? The man that is going to KILL you when you get home? Detention... The first week here, REMEMBER?

Oh yeah, damn. I have to remember to avoid that confrontation at all costs... hm... OH, god.

"Oh my GOD, Addy, where did you get that blonde dye. It's fabulous." Bekka laughed viciously. I glanced at her then--- AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH HAHA. I pretended to cry, quite pathetic I think, but I'm a good actress so.

"OH GOD! My life is over! That's it, you've made my life a living hell by implying my hair wasn't naturally blonde, aaaaaah... This has been the worst moment of my LIFE. " My lower lip trembled, "Anyways, see ya." I said dropping the act and pushing past them.

"Soooo.. Double detention. Nice."

"Shut up Nathan."

"You are such a smartass."

"Yes well, some are people store talent in writing, others in music. I store talent in my sarcastic wit. Where's Mace and Addy?"

"Who knows, maybe they've finally confessed."

"Ha. That'll be the day--- WHAT THE HELL."

Did something just hit us in the back of the head?

Yes it DID! OH MY GOD. It's a...

"Dodgeball?" Nathan asked confused.

"OH HELL NO." I flipped around, light sea-green eyes, messy jet black hair, grin on his suntanned face... I DON'T CARE IF I HAVE DETENTION FOR THE REST OF MY FRIGGIN' LIFE, HE IS SO DEAD. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH---

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so now I have a LUMP on the back of my head, a bruise on the side of my face, not to mention the paint in my hair, and detention was like the WORST thing EVER. First of all, I had detention with Silent who threw TWO, yes TWO, dodgeballs at me, and that just plain SUCKED AND he didn't even get detention for it. Then, oh joy of joys, I had detention with Mr. Mclain, my history teacher. Considering our loving, fun, fantastic meetings in the past; You can imagine how that went.

I thought you hated Mr. Mclain?

Oh. My. God.

What?

Choosing to ignore the fact that my mind doesn't even understand sarcasm, sneaking up the stairs... just a little... closer..

"Stop." I cringed and turned around. "So funny story, I get a call from your principle today to find out that after you had already gotten yourself a weeks worth of detention you deside that wasn't enough and get yourself into trouble AGAIN." I looked my dad over, I looked almost exactly alike him. Golden blonde hair, devious grin, which was absent, except his eyes were blue instead of hazel. I get them from my mom, and thats about it. That and her shortness. HOLY CRAP.

"Yeah, about that... See, um..." But I faltered at the look my dad gave me. Yes I know, I can stand up to peers, teachers, mean people on the street, but if my dad just LOOKS at me I can even get out a sentence. Pitiful, I know.

"You are is so much trouble, you do realize this correct?"

"Dooooees... this mean I'm grounded?"

"I know EXACTLY what you're thinking, and yes. You are STILL going to the barbeque, I know how much it means to you." And people wonder where I got my obstinate sarcasm from.

"My room?"

"Yeah." He nodded. I sighed and marched up the stairs to my room. My room looked so much better now. I painted the walls black, NO I'M NOT EMO, and spray painted red and purple stripes, one wall I left blank for people to sign. Plastered posters on the walls. Hah, all rooms should be jealous.

I know I am. All I get to live in is your head.

Oooh, smarting off now are we?

I learned from the best.

Well thank yo-- Oh. My. GOD.

What?

ITS HERE!!! Its here, its here, its here!

What's here? What-- OH. MY. GOD.

I KNEW somebody, somewhere, cared.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments!