The Little Things Give You Away

Cry For The Wind

May’s POV

I just stood there in the line with my parents just outside of the church’s entrance.

I saw many people crying and weeping for Elina’s sister’s death.

People were in line to out flowers into the coffin of Elina’s sister.

The church looked like the one in the music video “Helena” by My Chemical Romance.

As we got to the coffin, Elina’s parents stood there with a bunch of flowers, which were being handed out to those who were lined up. Elina was also there but she was looking down.

I gently put my hand on her shoulder and hugged her. I felt her tears fall onto the black shirt I was wearing.

“It’s going to be okay Elina. She’ll be watching you from above. She’s very lucky you know, I envy her.”

She looked up from my shoulder with a confused look.

“Well, she’s up their in heaven with Gerard’s grandmother, Elena, right? She is so lucky!” I said trying to cheer her up.

She smiled and nodded her head but didn’t talk as my parents pulled me gently aside and gave me a flower to put into the coffin.

My parents put their flowers into the coffin and I also placed the flower into the coffin.

Elina’s sister looked very beautiful and she really looked like that girl from “Helena” for some reason.

I stepped to the side to let other people put their flower into the coffin.

My parents and I went down the isle to wait for Elina’s parents.

As I went down the isle, I saw Mathew in his black suit. He looked up and smiled sadly. I knew that he felt very sorry for Elina.

I smiled back and caught up with my parents.

A few minutes later…

Mathew’s POV

May and I met up outside with Elina who still wasn’t talking.

“Elina, please talk to us. We won’t know what’s bugging you.” May said as she looked at Elina with a worried look.

She still didn’t talk so May took her hand and beckoned Elina and I to go to her house.

While we were crossing the road, we saw a black van drive up next to the house next to May’ house.

I thought no one lived there?

The door of the van opened and there stood the person we never thought we’d see.

He came over to us and looked over at the church.

“Can you explain to me whose funeral it is?” the guy said, taking off sunglasses.

“Omg..you’re…you’re…” May gasped.

“Oh sorry, did I scare you guys? Yeah, I’m Gerard Way from My Chemical Romance.”

“We know you! We’re big fans of you!” I said as he smiled and the other members of MCR came out of the van.

“What…teenies??” asked Mikey who raised his eyebrow.

“Nah, they aren’t teenies…..I hope.” He said, looking at us with a pleading look.

“We aren’t teenies and answering your question, it’s my sister’s funeral.” Elina said quietly and Gerard’s expression changed.

“Oh…really? I’m sorry to hear that. Did you know that my grandmother’s funeral was actually here at this church?” he said, looking at the church with a sad face.

Mikey came over and placed his hand on her shoulder.

“I’m sorry to hear that. What is your name?”

“Elina….Elina Jane Carlton.”

Gerard looked at her in the eyes and said,

“Hey. If you and your parents don’t mind, could we also attend your sister’s funeral?”

Elina looked at him in shock but got to her senses and smiled for the first time since the funeral.

“Of course. My sister will be happy that MCR came to her funeral.” She said as she led the band to the church.

We followed them to the entrance as the other people in line gasped as they saw MCR.

Everyone begin to split into two lines as MCR came into the church.

The band looked at them, surprised in their act, but went down the aisle as the other people spilt to both sides.

As MCR arrived at the coffin, Elina’s parents went up to them and gave them flowers, knowing whom these people were.

“I’m very sorry about your daughter Mr. and Mrs. Carlton. My grandmother had her funeral here also.” Gerard said as he went up to the coffin first.

Mikey and the others followed him and looked into the coffin.

Gerard put his flower into the coffin and reached to touch her face but he stopped and looked at Elina’s parents.

They nodded their heads at Gerard.

He put his hand on her cheek and kneeled down next to the coffin.

“Hope you meet my grandmother up there. She’s a very understanding person so you’ll like her. Rest in peace kiddo.” He said and planted a kiss on her forehead.

Mikey and the others put their flowers next to Gerard’s flower.

They did the cross sign and stepped back.

“Go call your Uncle Max and tell him to go get his friends for the pall-bearers.” Elina’s dad said to Elina but Gerard stopped Elina and looked at her parents.

“We would like to be the pall-bearers if you don’t mind. That boy can help us.” He said, pointing at me.

May nudged me and said,

“Ooh…Mathew you’re so lucky!”

I rolled my eyes.

“Pall-bearer May. It isn’t that big of an issue.”

“Whatever Mathew.” She said as Ray Toro put his hand on my head and pulled Frank over to where I was.

“What are you doing?” I asked but Ray didn’t say anything. He just turned me around and made me face back to back with Frank Iero.

“That’s a good thing. Mathew here is taller than Frank so that means that it will be balanced.” Ray said as the others chuckled. Even Elina’s parents were laughing too.

“Hey! No messing around with my height Toro! That’s just mean!” Frank complained.

“Oh sorry Mr. Iero, but I just couldn’t help it.” Ray said and looked over at me and smiled.

“Well, are we going to go or just stand here and joke around Toro.” Gerard said and Ray put a straight face on and stopped picking on Frank.

Elina’s parents and the priest slowly shut the lid over the coffin as MCR and I walked over to the coffin.

Elina’s POV

They all went over to my sister’s coffin and slowly picked it up onto their shoulders.

As they started to walk down the aisle, the other people began to follow the coffin.

May took my hand and pushed through the crowd to get to the front of the crowd.

They let us through and we followed MCR and Mathew out of the church and to the cemetery where there was a hole all ready for the coffin to be buried.

On the tombstone it said,

Helena Santos Carlton
1991~2010
May She Rest In Peace


Wait….Helena?!

MCR and Mathew lowered the coffin into the hole and stepped away.

Gerard saw the tombstone and looked at me in shock.

Gerard came over to me and said,

“Your sister’s name was Helena?”

I looked at him with wide eyes.

“I never knew my sister’ s name until now. I never knew that her name was Helena…”

“And I never knew that your sister’s grave would be next to our grandmother’s.” Mikey said from the side as he walked over to the tombstone next to Helena’s one.

“That’s Grandma Elena’s….” Gerard whispered in disbelief and slowly went over to the grave.

I went over to Helena’s grave as the prayers were beginning.

I closed my eyes tightly and tried hard not to cry. Helena would have never approved me if I had cried. She hated to see me cry for some reason.

As the prayers finished and the other people began to walk away from Helena’s grave, Gerard came over to me with tear stained eyes with Mikey.

“You ok Gerard?” Mikey asked.

“Yeah…I think I’m ok…” he mumbled and looked at me.

“You ok?” he said as he patted my back.

I just looked down at the ground, not saying anything.

Suddenly, a gust of wind passed between Gerard and me and whirled around beside me and then, it disappeared.

Mikey smiled.

“I’m guessing that was your sister, Elina.”

I looked at Mikey.

Suddenly, Gerard hugged me.

“Oh you poor thing…you must have led a very tough life.”

“What? But I…”

That’s when I noticed that I was crying and May and Mathew looked at me, smiling.

“Oh no…May and Mathew did not tell you about my-“ but Ray cut me off.

“Yes they did, and you know what else?”

I looked at Ray with a puzzled look.

“You’re coming with us on tour with those two.” Gerard said, releasing me from his arms.

I just stood there and stared at Gerard and the others.

“And you kept it a secret from me?” I said to May and Mathew who were laughing.

“YES!” they said in unison.

“Well, what are we waiting for, let’s get your stuff packed up and ready to go!” Bob said as he took my hand and followed May and Mathew to my house.

This is going to be a long day…

To Be Continued….