Status: I actually got this story from a dream I had. Surprising, right? Read/Comment/Rate/Subscribe!

The Way I Want To Go

Chapter Four

Jade's POV

Days passed by. Me and my mom had our usual little fights. I woke up to find myself on the couch. It was 6 AM in the morning. OMG, I need to get ready for school! I did the daily routine but I couldn't find my mom anywhere. Tried to call her, her cellphone was switched off.

I started to get worried. I had to get to school. I went out of the house and locked the door. As I walked, I was still trying to call my mom. Tried calling everybody but nobody knew where she was. I was so worried, I couldn't focus in school...

While I was walking back home, there were cops everywhere.

"Sorry, restricted area, no access from the public", said one cop.

"But, that's where my house is... What's going on?" I asked.

He had told me there was a terrible car accident. It was my mom's car upside down.

"OMG, MOM!!" I yelled. They had pulled her out and got her in the carrier. I ran to see her. The sight was terrible... Her face and clothes were covered in blood. She looked over to see me.

"Jade?" She said.

"Mom, I am so sorry I should have been there for you all along. Please forgive me", I said with hot tears streaming down my face.

"I for...give.. you... swe...ety. I.... wa...nt... yo...u to... to... ta...ke... care... of yourself.... while... im... gone", she said.

"I'm coming with you, please don't leave me alone", I cried even harder. I got into the ambulance bus with her and held her hand. She murmured that I wouldn't cry to keep her strong. When we reached the hospital, they didn't allow me in because she would be in the ICU. I had already called my aunt to come pick me so I can stay with them.

My aunt drove me to her house then went back to see my mom. She had told me that we would keep it a secret from my grandparents til Mom's alright.

I kept calling my aunt every minute to check on my mom. I couldn't leave her like that. My cousins were also calling too.

I pressured my aunt to go see my mom after she had called me with her own voice to tell me that everything was alright. We went. The visiting hours were limited to minutes because she was still in the ICU.

My mom looked abit better, with no blood. Just her eye bleeding alittle and her broken nose. There were glucose and blood pipes to compensate the blood she had lost. There was also the breathing meter. It was normal (Thank God) I hugged her but not tightly. Shady was the one who cried when he saw her. Maya was scared... she was alittle girl. I had promised my mom I would stay with her when she got out from the ICU...

2 days later

My mom was finally out of the ICU... I stayed with her everyday! She told me it was Mark who caused this. He had hired a drunken driver to flip my mom's car over... and she wasn't wearing her seatbelt because he had snuck in and defected it.

"That... bitch..." I said with rage filling me.

"Don't worry Jade... we'll deal with him later". She called my grandparents to tell them. Everyday they would bring food because my mom hated the hospital food. I was so thankful she was still alive...