Sequel: My Heart Is Yours

There's a Playground

I Want to Keep Her Dreaming

Three weeks later and Max and I were still dating. He…had slowed down on the drug use. I guess my being his neighbor and being able to see and smell pretty much everything he did was a deterrent to him getting high. But he‘d go and smoke the occasional bowl over at Ronnie’s and wouldn’t tell me. After the third time of him doing it, I figured it out and got on him for it. But he wasn‘t doing it regularly and he wasn‘t doing hardcore drugs. As far as I knew or could tell. I prayed that he was stopping… I really was starting to feel really attached to dating him…

We lay in my backyard like always, our hands clasped while I had my head on his chest and we chatted about really random things.

“Oh my god, do you remember when you got your tongue stuck to the swings at that old playground?” Max asked me with a grin on his face. I groaned and nodded, smirking to myself at the memory. He chuckled and I couldn’t help but to laugh with him.

“Yeah. That sucked so bad.”

“Your mom was so pissed. I really want to know how the hell you managed to do that. It wasn‘t even that cold…”

“I know…I have no idea how the fuck that happened,” I said, smirking and shaking my head. It had ended up being just my luck that I’d frozen my tongue on a swing set chain without having it really be that cold. Definitely one of the most embarrassing moments of my childhood. “Do you remember when you broke your arm when you…”

“Fell from the monkey bars? Fuck yeah. That sucked so hard…I was so freaked out…” I smirked, nodding in agreement.

“Yeah, you cried so hard. You scared me really bad with that, too. It was so gross I thought they were going to have to like, cut off your arm or something.” I said, smirking.

“Derek was so pissed that he had to take me to the hospital for my mom…”

“I don’t think he cared so much since you were pretty much his kid, too. With how much you were over and everything.” He shrugged beneath my head and I sighed as I yawned. It was around ten at night and I was tired after having to deal with another week of school. I could not express how happy I was that it was Friday again.

Over the last three weeks, not much had happened.

Alright, so that was a total lie. Gab and Craig started dating, Craig and I were still really good friends, Skye and Ronnie started dating, and I went to dinner with my dad a few more times. So not a whole lot, but quite a few things had indeed happened in the last three weeks. I wasn’t very surprised by how quick Gab and Craig had gotten together, either. They were…well, they were pretty much the identity of the perfect couple. It was almost sickening how sweet they both were with each other. But at the same time, it was really cute. I was really glad that Craig was happy…

As for Skye and Ronnie, they had gotten together the most recent out of all those events. But I had my suspicions that they’d been really going at it with each other before they really came out as a couple. How did I know this? Well, it could be that Skye could pretty much not stop talking about him at all for the last two weeks whenever we hung out together. Which was…kind of a dead give away. It’s not like she kissed and told, but she just…talked a lot about him

Gab, Skye, and I had become pretty good friends over the last three weeks. It was definitely nice to have a couple of “gal pals” while hanging around all these guys all the fucking time. It was…different, definitely. Nice to actually have a social life again, too. Even if it was a little awkward for me to be back in the social scene after nine years of pretty much being the loner.

Dinners with Dad had gone pretty good. Like the others, of course. We were pretty much making it a Wednesday night thing. Oh wow. That sounds really lame. “Oh, sorry, your party’s on Wednesday night? I can’t make it. I have to go have dinner with my daughter Wednesday.” Ugh…

Anyway, back to the moment. I yawned, feeling the tiredness hit me up. I was about ready to pass out, and right now I didn’t care that it was on Max’s chest. He was really comfy. His hand moved up my back slowly and I smiled, nuzzling into his chest quietly.

“Wendy…I should get going…” he murmured. I felt his lips against my head and I looked up at him, my lids heavy with sleep.

“Mmm… Don’t go…” I told him, frowning as I watched him smirk at me.

“Okay, I won’t. But as soon as you start getting tired, you’re going to bed and I have to go.” I smiled at that and nodded, leaning up and forward slightly so that I could steal a kiss.

And as soon as I did, I melted into his arms like always and the butterflies in my stomach went rampant. Kissing Max pretty much always did this to me…

----

Max’s pov

I still couldn’t believe that I’d managed to get Wednesday to be mine.

Three weeks and I was trying my hardest to keep up with the two things that she made me promise her. No drugs, and no cheating. The no cheating part was easy as fuck. No matter how many sluts tried to shove their way down my throat or down my pants at the parties I went to without her, I was sure to keep myself devoted completely to Wendy. Like I said, it wasn’t hard. At all.

The drugs? Yeah…that wasn’t working out so well. I was just lucky that she hadn’t followed through on breaking things off with me. She’s caught me a few of times high thanks to pot. But other than that, I’ve gotten in a couple of lines without her knowing. I’ve probably only had two since we started dating. Which was good, honestly. Ronnie got on my ass about it, but I didn’t care. I was determined to keep things in my life going good for once. Because they were going pretty good. Case in point being the girl in my arms right now.

I felt her yawn against my chest and I smirked as I ran my hand up her back, trying to keep her from falling asleep as best I could. “Wendy…I should get going…” I told her, kissing the top of her head before letting my head fall back against the bare ground of her back yard. She looked up at me and I noticed that she looked like she was about to pass out. I smirked at her as she shook her head.

“Mmm… Don’t go…” she frowned at me. I smirked, nodding in agreement. I didn’t really want to go, anyway.

“Okay, I won’t. But as soon as you get tired, you’re going to bed and I have to go,” I informed her. And I was granted with one of the most beautiful smiles on the face of the planet. She nodded and then leaned forward for a kiss. As our lips connected, my hands gripped tighter at her waist, holding her closer to me.

God I loved kissing her…

My hands moved up and down her back as we kissed. Her hands were around my neck and cupping my face. Not that I cared. I didn’t really want that kiss to end at all. Anytime soon. Ever. My tongue snaked out to lick at her lips and I smiled when she parted her lips and let me in.

Tongues tangling, my fingers were soon at the hem of her shirt and inching their way up her smooth skin. And that was when she detached herself…

“Max,” she breathed and my eyes slowly opened to see her pretty gray-green eyes staring back at me. “We should stop…” Oh…right. That was right, we were getting a little ahead of ourselves, weren’t we? Damn it…I wanted to make sure that this relationship went slow and took it’s time. But no. Here I was, trying to get my girlfriend out of her shirt. But shit. Could you blame me?

I smiled at her and nodded slowly, sighing inwardly and giving a mental punch in the face to myself for doing that. I moved my hands so that they were resting at the base of her waist. On top of her shirt. She smiled and moved her head back to having it lay on my chest. I sighed again, smiling and staring up at the stars above us.

Within a few minutes, I felt Wendy’s breathing slow and even out. Shit. “Wenders?” I asked, moving my head around to try to look at her face without disturbing her too much. Without a response and the way that she was breathing, I figured that she’d fallen asleep. I sighed, laying my head back and trying to decide if I should wake her up or not. If I woke her up, though, would I be able to get her through her window half asleep? Chances were no.

She’d probably end up falling asleep again… Damn. Now what? We couldn’t very well stay out here all night. Not that it would be getting cold anytime soon thanks to it being Vegas. But it wasn’t like we could just sleep outside all night. Camping in the back yard was great and all, but not necessarily when you had nothing to sleep on or in…

I sighed, reaching a hand up from around her to brush the hair out of my eyes as I bit down on my lower lip in thought. Great. Now what?

Another sigh and I had my decision. I couldn’t very well just waltz through Wendy’s front door. One, because it was locked. Two, because Kat, Wendy’s mother, had no idea that she snuck out almost every night to spend time with me. Or I snuck into her room on some nights. If she knew that, both of us would probably loose our heads.

I maneuvered around slightly so that my girlfriend wasn’t using me as a pillow. Slowly, I sat up and moved to pick her up in that classic “bridal” style so that I could carry her. Once I was standing with her in my arms, I smiled down at her. She still hadn’t woken up. Damn.

With that, I began the walk over to my house. I was careful not to jostle Wendy too much so that I wouldn’t wake her up. It wasn’t that hard…until I hit the door and had to open it while holding onto her. Yeah…that was a little complicated… But! I managed to get the door open and into my house with a couple of failed tries. Despite the fact that Mom was home, she was asleep in her room. As for my little brother, Todd had gone over to a friend’s house for the weekend. I sighed, slinking back to my bedroom quickly and quietly.

I was careful as I lay Wendy down on my bed, nervous as I thought about her waking up in a completely strange environment. Sighing, I stood back after I had set her down, looking down at her curled up on my bed. She looked so cute…mores-so than she already was. I smiled and ran a hand through my hair, wondering how the hell we were going to get away with this. Her mom still thought that she was asleep in her own bed and not over here.

Damn it all…

Nervously, I walked back into the living room and over to our kitchen, grabbing a pen from the counter and writing down a note for my mother on the pad of paper that she used to write down our shopping lists. Or…at least she was supposed to write things like that down on that pad. She never did…

The note told her about Wednesday staying over and to wake us up when she woke up. I didn’t mention the fact that my girlfriend wasn’t supposed to be here, but you know. Whatever. If we could get up early enough to get her back home, I prayed that neither of us would get in trouble. And I could talk to my mom about it later. Before word got over to Kat.

So, plan all laid out, I left the note in my messy handwriting on the fridge and walked back to my room. Wendy had pushed herself into the corner between my bed and the wall. I smirked and shook my head, again noting how cute she was when she slept. Running my hands through my hair, I removed my shirt before crawling into bed next to Wendy. Unlike her, I had a relatively small bed. Not like I cared about snuggling up t my girlfriend.

Pulling her into my chest, I tossed my blanket over us before drifting off to sleep before long.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay for more chapters!
I'm feeling better, so that's good.
Just need to get rid of the dizziness that I can't seem to shake for some reason... xP
Anyway, another update for you guys.
Took me forever 'cause I couldn't think about what to write... Dx
But! Here we are!

Thanks everyone that's subscribed! All 45 of you are friggen amazing, you have no idea!
And of course, thanks to everyone that has commented. Comments bring a smile to my face.
Thankies! <3

The title for this chapter comes from "I Swear This Time I Mean It" by Mayday Parade