Sequel: My Heart Is Yours

There's a Playground

You Whisper and the Words Melt Everyone

“Wendy, wake up!” A whining voice sounded in my ear and I frowned as I tried to curl into a ball into my wall and tried burrowing my face into my array of pillows. “Baby! Wake up!” More whining and I frowned as I rolled over and glared at the source of my being awake right now. I’d been tossing and turning for the last hour and a half and, finally when it seemed like I was going to actually be able to go back to sleep, there was Max with Ronnie behind him in my doorway. My boyfriend was dressed in a Santa hat, red hooded jacket, black skinny jeans, and his ratty converse. He grinned at me and gave an excited wave before he skipped over to my bed and crawled over Skye to get to me.

“What the fuck…?” my friend grumbled from beside me, ‘oof’ing when Max curled up next to me and damned near shoved me against the wall.

“Merry Christmas, Wenders!” Max told me as he pulled me into a rather awkward hug. I yawned at him and frowned, glaring at him slightly for waking me up. “Your mom told us to wake you up. Sorry, baby girl,” he relayed and I sighed as I curled into him and closed my eyes, willing sleep to come back into my life for a bit longer.

Sure, it may have been Christmas, but I was tired as fuck. I’d stayed up all night last night with Skye watching movies for no particular reason. I could hear the main screen for Disney’s Alice in Wonderland still playing over and over on my television. Yes, we had fallen asleep watching Alice in Wonderland. It’s one of my favorite movies. Got a problem with it? Go suck it…

“Max, you fat ass. Get the fuck off me…” Skye’s voice sounded on the other side of Max and I smirked as I was pressed up against the wall even more. I was amazed at how much room three people took up on a queen-sized bed. Honestly, there should have been enough room for us all…

“Sorry, Skye.”

“Max! You’re squishing her! Get the fuck off my girlfriend!” Ronnie piped in, now closer to us as he pushed Max further into me. I frowned, not liking the feeling of the wall on my bare back and squishing me uncomfortably.

“Can’t…breathe…” I stated, frowning as I pushed against Max’s chest. I ended up pushing Skye into Ronnie, who had perched himself on the very edge of my bed, who in turn, fell off of my bed and dragging down my friend with him. Skye grabbed Max’s shirt on her way down, which led him choking and grabbing at me. I was trying to hug my blanket tighter around me. Because I generally slept without a shirt on. It was only because Skye was there that I had worn my bra to bed. I was really appreciating that fact right now as I let go of my blanket so that Max wouldn’t be choked anymore.

As they sorted their mess out on my bedroom floor, I burrowed beneath the sheet that I never used as quickly as I could. Honestly, I wasn’t entirely comfortable with having Ronnie see half of my chest. Max was…iffy on that fact. I was comfortable with him and everything, but it would have just been embarrassing…

I sighed as I watched the mess ensue. “Maxwell! You fucking fatty! Stop being fat and get the fuck off us! I can’t fucking breathe, you ass hole!”

“Wendy! Help me! I don’t want to be a Skye sandwich! This is grotty! Threesomes are grotty! Max is your boyfriend! Eww!” Skye whined and I smirked as I watched Max try to fight his away from Skye’s batting hands. He finally managed to get free and he climbed back on bed to come over to me, my fleece blanket in tow.

“Merry Christmas, Baby!” Max said as he tossed the blanket over my head. I smirked as I pulled it away from my face, hugging it to my chest as I sat up.

“Loser.” He mocked hurt at my claim before a pillow collided with his head and caused him to go sprawling on my bed beside me. I laughed as I saw a triumphant looking Skye standing with the pillow while Ronnie laughed on the floor.

“Thanks for waking me up, ass hole. I was comfy, warm, and sleeping. Finally. And Wendy had just gotten back to sleep, too. You are a whore.”

Max rolled over onto his back to stare up at my friend. I took that moment to cuddle back into Max’s chest, smiling to myself before I yawned.

“Sorry. But it’s Christmas! Blame Kat, right Ronnie!?”

“Nope. It’s all Max’s fault. He’s the one that wanted to come over here at eight in the fucking morning.”

“Kat called me, though!” my boyfriend whined as everyone ganged up on him. I smirked and leaned up to steal a kiss before he could continue with the whining. His hands found my bareback before he pulled away. “Woah. Are you naked, Wendy?”

“What the fuck!?” Ronnie asked and I shook my head, blushing deeply as I grabbed my blanket and pulled it over me.

“No. She just doesn’t have a shirt because we had hot girl sex last night. You boys jealous? Now, I think Wendy wants to get dressed. Ronnie and Max, out. Merry Christmas, boys.” Ronnie and Max whined their way out of my bedroom and I poked my head out of the blankets as I heard the door closed. After that, Skye burst into laughter as I glared at her quietly.

“That was so not funny, Skye…” I muttered as I crawled off of my bed and over to my closet. She was still laughing.

“Oh shut up, you know it was hilarious. And hey, I got them out, didn’t I? Now what are you going to wear?”

I was sure that Skye lived to torture me. She’d been staying with me since the day before yesterday, when that whole thing with her face happened. It had scabbed over nicely and was already starting to heal. Which was a really good thing. She was currently dressed in the clothes that she had left at my house over the course of our friendship. We’d have to go back to her house sometime soon, but we’d put that off as long as possible.

“Jeans and t-shirt. What else do I wear other than those?” I asked her with a smirk. Skye just rolled her eyes at me before starting to get dressed herself. “Merry Christmas, by the way, Skye,” I told her with a grin as I slipped away from my clothes.

“Merry Christmas, Wendy. Sorry I’m totally imposing on your -”

“Skye, shut up. You aren’t imposing. You’d never be able to do that. You know I’m always happy to help. Same with my mom.”

My mom still didn’t know what had happened to Skye. And neither did Max or Ronnie. We’d both agreed, after those two went home after helping us clean up the popcorn massacre, that we wouldn’t tell either of them unless it became entirely dire.

Which, honestly, I didn’t exactly think was a good idea. But I’d deal with it because of the fact that Skye was my friend. Simple as that.

We dressed quickly. I wore a pair of white skinny jeans and a red tank top, pulling my hair back into a messy pony tail behind my head. Pounding on my door jolted me from messing around with my bangs while Skye finished dressing. My eyes moved to glare over at the door, narrowing quietly.

“Wednesday Lee, if you do not get your ass out here now and open presents, I’m going to eat you. You’re turning into your father’s parents!” Mother scolded me and I smirked as Skye looked at me with raised brows. I shook my head. My father’s parents had some really weird fucking traditions when it came to holidays and everything like that.

“Hold on, Mom. Dear god.”

----

By the end of the night, I’d had my fill with the jolly festivities. Bryan, Omar, and Robert had shown up around four to join us for dinner and we had a huge feast. It was awesome and I was stuffed. They‘d all left about an hour ago.

Currently, I was sitting on Max’s lap still covered in present bows. It was kind of annoying, but I’d stopped caring after Skye and Ronnie kept putting them on me after the second time I’d taken them off. It was kind of cute, though. They “gave” me to Max as their present to him. I really don’t think he cared at all.

“Max, come on, we should go. Todd, come on.” Oh, that’s right. Todd, Max’s little brother, had been over all day as well.

“Mmm…Mom…” Max whined beneath me and I smirked as I shifted to slide beside him.

“We should get going, Ronnie. It was nice to see you again, Skye.” That was Ronnie’s mom, trying to detach her son from my best friend long enough for them to go home. The boy frowned and shook his head, squeezing the Skye tighter to him as she giggled and thanked his mom. My dad was standing around protectively, eyes darting between Max and I before moving back to Ronnie’s mom.

She was a really sweet woman. And I wondered how the fuck Ronnie’d managed to be such a jackass if his mom was so sweet… Eh, who knew. People were fucking crazy sometimes…

“Night, baby,” Max whispered in my ear, sending shivers down my spine for one reason or another. He hesitated, seeming like he wanted to kiss me but didn’t know if he was allowed to. Which was strange since we’d been stealing kisses all day in front of everyone. It wasn’t a big deal. He opened his mouth to say something before shutting it again and pressing his lips against me. The cold metal of his lip rings on my lower lip was always a nice feeling. I enjoyed it every time we kissed…

He pulled away and moved his lips next to my ear. Again, he hesitated. “I…love you…” With that, Max pulled away and left quickly. I was stunned, stuck staring at the floor of my living room while everyone and everything else continued to move around about me. I swallowed and turned my head just in time to see him walking out the front door. I sighed and realized that I had…kind of stopped breathing. Taking in a deep breath, I grinned and felt that giddy, heart-lifting feeling that I honestly wouldn’t be able to describe no matter how hard I tried.

It was amazing, and the better part of it was that I could tell that Max meant it. Through the three and a half months that we’d been dating, he hadn’t said anything remotely close to that. So…yeah. It was pretty fucking big for him to say something like that.

And I loved him, too… With all my heart, I loved Max.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woo! Another chapter in the same day [for me at least]! See, I told you guys I wouldn't take so long on the next update! I'll be working on this a lot over the weekend. Hopefully I can get as far as possible on this while I don't have anything going on. x3 Other than NaNo, but I can balance writing things fairly well.

Thank you everyone that's commenting and subscribed and stuff! It means so much to me, you don't even know! <3 So please keep those comments and subscriptions coming for me? I'd be soup happy and it'd make me feel better! ^-^

The title for this chapter comes from "Smooth" by Santana. [ Escape the Fate's cover of that song is soup amazing. Anyone else agree with me? <3 ]