Sequel: My Heart Is Yours

There's a Playground

Sluts and Lunch

I sighed, tapping my fingers on the edge of my notebook as I waited for the next line of notes from the teacher. He was moving at an annoyingly slow rate and it was really starting to get on my nerves…

Max was still scratching things down beside me. I watched him quietly, wondering what it was he saw in that Madison girl from earlier. How the hell could a boy like him end up with a girl like her? He must not have very high standards or something…

“Alright. Anyone tell me how Chaucer wrote The Canterbury Tales?” The teacher called and I sighed, bored as I stared at him. “Anyone?” He asked again. Still no one spoke. I sighed again, rolling my eyes.

“Chaucer used iambic pentameter…” I stated, my voice becoming an annoyed and bored drawl. Max looked up from his notebook, blinking at me. “He wrote it in the vernacular of his time.”

“Good, Miss Lee. Thank you.” He stated and I nodded, sighing and tapping my pen on the surface of my notebook. Max was still watching at me like I had grown a second head or something.

“What?” I muttered as he moved down the line for the notes. Notes that I’d already taken for a story that I’d already read. I hated how different schools taught different things at different times. I’d had to read this bullshit last year. As much of a ‘classic’ as it may be, I didn’t like Chaucer. Give me Shakespeare any damn day…

“How the hell did you do that? You didn‘t even look at your notes!” He asked, paying more attention to me than the notes on the projector.

“I read this last year,” I supplied softly, shrugging and sighing as I copied down the notes. “And I pay attention…”

“Why are you taking notes again, then?” He asked, watching me as I finished off the line quickly.

“Because they’re good to have and I tossed them out after I finished it.”

“Mister Green, please leave Miss Lee alone so she can hear. I know you may not care about your education, but there are obviously some who do.” The teacher supplied and I smirked, leaning back in my seat and slouching slightly. The back of my head hit the wall behind me, creating a dull ‘thud’ sound.

Max groaned beside me, scratching down more notes. I smirked as I watched him in silence, beginning to tap my pen against my notebook once more.

“You’re psychotic, Wendy…” Max muttered and I smirked, nodding quietly as I waited for the next set of notes or something to do. I was bored…

I tore a piece of paper from my notebook, tearing off the shreds of paper hanging off the side. I wrote a note to Max in one of the lines in my clean scrawled mix of print and cursive.

Sorry you got yelled at…

I wrote, setting my pen down and folding the paper up into a small square and tossing it quietly to the desk next to mine. I smirked as Max jumped slightly, pausing in writing his notes to look over at me. I smiled softly at him before turning back to looking bored with life.

The note hit my desk again in a few seconds, folded back into a messy square. I unfolded it, pressing it flat before looking up to make sure that the teacher hadn’t added anything to our notes.

Don’t worry about it. Could I borrow your notes after class?

I blinked after deciphering his messy hand writing. Figured that he was just like every other guy I ever knew. Needing notes and having the worst hand writing in the world. I smirked and rolled my eyes, writing back quickly.

I only give notes to friends…

He looked up at me, slightly confused after having read my note before shaking his head and writing something down. I wondered what was going on in his mind…

We are friends, Wendy.

I blinked at that, blushing slightly and smiling sadly.

Are we?

I waited, watching him as he rolled his eyes and wrote something down quickly on our note.

Best friends for fucking ever, remember? We promised, of course we are. Duhhhhh!!!

I smirked as I read his note, smiling and suppressing a giggle.

I know…

And then an idea hit me and I turned towards him, reaching over to poke his arm with my pen. He looked over at me, a brow raised.

“When’s lunch?” I whispered and he smirked at me, and I could tell that he was suppressing laughter.

“Hungry already?” he asked, I nodded wordlessly as he continued to smirk. “After next period.” He exclaimed and I nodded, going back to taking down English notes.

Class was over fairly quickly and I was lead to my next class, AP Art History, by Max. I saw Bryan and Craig sitting in the back, a seat between them and their feet in that desk’s seat. I smirked, waving slightly at my friend and walked over to the teacher’s desk, handing over my schedule.

“Um…hey. I just moved here, so…yeah…” I stated, chewing on my lower lip nervously as she looked over the sheet of yellow paper. She nodded, writing something down on a notebook and telling me to sit wherever.

“Wendy!” Bryan and Craig called simultaneously, grinning at me as I turned back around. I blushed and hung my head as I made my way to the back row of seats. I plopped down once their feet moved and they chattered around me, asking questions that they tried to get answers to unsuccessfully. I didn’t really normally talk to people that I didn’t know very well…

After class, Craig and Bryan walked with me to my locker and then to the cafeteria, where we got food and everything together before I was led over to a table.

Max had his slut on his lap, arms wrapped loosely around her waist as he ate his food. He waved at me enthusiastically from around Madison, who glared at me. I sat between Max and Craig, holding my food close to me as I watched all the conversation around me.

“So, Wendy. Why are you back in Vegas?” Madison asked and I blinked, setting down my sandwich and glaring over at her.

“It’s Wednesday.” I muttered, frowning at her. She smirked at me and just rolled her eyes, obviously not giving two shits. Bitch…

For one reason or another, I really just wanted to slap that stupid-ass smirk off her fucking face…

“Whatever. Why’d you even come back?”

“Well…”

“Did your parents do drugs or something?”

“No…” My voice had that angry warning tinge.

“Do you do drugs? Did your rep get ruined because you’re really a sl…”

“Madison, shut up.” Max warned, glaring up at her as I clenched and unclenched my fists. Instead of saying anything, I just slammed my shit on the table and stormed off, arms wrapped around myself. I stalked off towards my next class, not knowing where I was going at in the least. Oh well. Who cared. As long as that stupid bitch wasn’t anywhere near me, I’d be fine.

“Wendy!” Craig called when I was almost down at the end of the hall. I was pissed that it wasn’t Max trying to console me, but what did I know? Madison was his girlfriend, of course she was going to keep him from chasing after me unless he broke up with her then and there.

But judging by the way she eats his face, that won’t happen anytime soon.

I stopped, turning and waiting for Craig to catch up with me. “You okay?” he asked and I shook my head, frowning heavily as the tears stung the back of my eyes. He sighed and gave me a hug. For no reason, he just…gave me a hug. I smiled slightly, returning it and resting my head in his shoulder. “Forget her, she’s a slut. Everyone knows it, but Max doesn’t care.” Well, that was pretty damn obvious.

“She’s his slut…”

“More like everyone’s slut…” he muttered and I smirked, pulling away from Craig slightly. He smiled at me softly.

“You have Psych next, right?” I nodded. “Cool, come on, I’ll walk with you there so you don’t get lost.” he offered, grinning at me. Craig’s smile was, quite literally, contagious, and I smiled softly at him as he linked arms with me and began leading me down the halls.
♠ ♠ ♠
more of a filler chapter... x3
I know the confrontation on this was lame...
but Wendy isn't the type of person to start or finish shit... x3

yay for 5 subscribers! <3 I love everyone of you!