Differences

Home.

When we got to the party Jo wondered off somewhere, probably to see her friends or something. I was looking around and seen him again, staring at me. I quickly looked away and sat at the table with a couple other people, taking drinks every little while.

"I thought you were a good girl?"
"I-I....." I was cut off by Jeff.
"Do you have a problem with her changing her ways?" She just shook her head no and continued what she was doing..

He grabbed my hand and sat me down on the couch and I started looking around for Jo, but I couldn't see her..

I was getting a little uncomfortable with him staring at me.

"You look lost... Jazz." I haven't heard anyone call me that name since the last time I was at home....

I sighed.

Home.. I miss home.
I miss my dad.

I haven't been home in two days, but it feels like two years.
I think this is my first time staying away from home this long since I went to a concert in Minneapolis, which was three years ago.

"Yeah, but no I'm kinda lookin' for Jo. Have you seen her?"
He shook his head. "No... I haven't. I've been watching you since you girls got here."

"A little creepy, but okay then... Jeff."

It got a little quiet and I was still looking for Jo.

I started to think about walking home, but I didn't want to get up from this spot. I was afraid that some creep might come up to me and get me from behind.... Or kill me.

I turned my head a little bit to see if she was behind me, but she wasn't. I turned back around, his face right in my face. I could smell the alcohol in his breath... Mine probably smelled the same.

We started kissing each other, ignoring everyone at the party. He put his hand under my shirt and made his way up to my bra, taking it off.

I broke apart from the kiss.

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked, embarrassed that my bra was half off.

"Sorry," was all he said.

I got up and walked to the bathroom with him following me.

He picked me up and sat me on the counter of the sink and wrapped his arms around me to fix my bra and began kissing my neck.

He stopped when he noticed I wasn't into it. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"I don't know... I kinda miss being at home."

He looked at me with his left eyebrow raised and a little smirk on his face. "Do you want me to take you home?"

"Yeah."

Right when I opened the door I bumped into Joanna.

"There you are!" I said.

"I really have to pee," she said, walking into the bathroom and closing it.

Jeff looked at me like she was crazy. "Shall we?"

"We shall."

============

The ride to my house was quiet. The only conversation we had was when I had to show him where I lived and that was it.

When we got there I tried to get out of the car, but he grabbed my arm.

"Can I... Stay?"

"If you want to, but you have to hide your car." He just nodded and pointed to a spot where he could hide his car.

I walked up to the house and looked in the living room window, making sure that my parents weren't awake, and thank God they weren't, otherwise Jeff would've had to climb up the tree and into my window.

When he came back he decided scaring the living hell out me would be funny.

"Oh my God. Don't. Do. That!" I said, hitting him on the arm.

"Sorry," he said when he was done laughing.

"Let's hurry before they wake up."

I opened the door and told him to wait for me by the stairs while I grabbed myself some water, a couple sandwiches from the kitchen.

When I got in the kitchen I opened the fridge and I grabbed some stuff needed for a sandwich and I ate a piece of bologna and chewed on it, whilst making the sandwich it was needed for.

I thought I heard a noise coming from the hallway, I went looked but there was nothing there so I just went back into the kitchen and he jumped out from behind the refrigerator door. "Boo!"

I almost screamed, but I choked on my bologna and started coughing. "Don't fucking do that!" I whispered.

"Jazz? Is that you?"

"Oh shit.. Hide!"

"Where?!"

"Behind the damn fridge door."

He quietly ran behind the door and waited.

I took a big drink of my kool-aide. "Yeah, Mom. It's me."

She walked around the corner, rubbing her eyes.

I wondered if my breath smells like bologna and kool-aide, but it probably smells like alcohol and cigarettes.

I wasn't drunk, but wasn't buzzed either and I only had two cigarettes.

"How did you get home?"

"Joanna."

"Oh," was all she said and walked back up the stairs. I wonder if she knew I was lying because I'm a bad liar and she knows it.

I sighed in relief, putting the stuff back where they belong.

I'm lucky that I didn't get caught with a boy at our house without permission. Jeff would be buried behind our house with me next to him.

I grabbed his hand and ran up the stairs and made it safely in my room.

"Nice room."

"Thanks. When can I see yours?" I asked.

"Tomorrow... If you want." I just nodded, taking a huge bite of my sandwich, watching him lay on my bed.

When I took my last bite of my sandwich, I bit on my tongue and it hurted.. I totally forgot about my piercings! "Ouch," I tasted copper in my mouth. "Fuck!" I said a bit too loud. I didn't even clean them while I was at Joanna's.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I just forgot about my tongue ring and I just bit down too hard on it."

===================

We talked about our lives, where I lived before, who were my friends back at home, who are my friends now, and what I like to do in my free time... then he asked me out.
Of course I said yes because I don't like having friends with benefits or one night stands. He laughed when I said that because he didn't want that either.

So I guess we are officially dating.
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh... yeeeah...