Status: Worst ending ever. Oh well, it's done.

The Black Parade

Taking Steps

ABIGAIL'S P.O.V.

As I heard the last lines of the song drag out, I walked quietly into the room. I didn't know why, but with the assurance that I would not be heartbroken again, I would fall right back into his arms.

"Yes." I said, softly treading into the apartment. Gerard abruptly stood up from his seat on the couch.

"What?" He looked at me with anticipation in his eyes, I took a single, defining step forward, as did he.

"You heard what I said." We both took yet another step forward, there was about a foot of space in between us, just waiting to be breached.

"What did you mean?" I took the last step forward closing the gap between us.

"Yes." I said, sweetly, looking straight into his eyes, as if, daring him to say that he didn't care. He twitched his arm slightly, bumping it into mine, ever so gently and subtly. I held onto it, pulling it up to rest across his heart.

"Yes." I said defiantly, he took his hand, and, of his free will, cupped my cheek within its silken grasp.

"Yes." He said; leaving the songs and the torment of being forced apart behind us, we kissed again. His lips meeting mine in a collision that would be enviable by the dead veterans of NASCAR racing.

He brought his hands to my hips; I brought my arms across the back of his neck, right where they fit. We brought our hands down to the same level and clasped them together, still lingering in the blissful kiss, the notches between our fingers still fit together, like puzzle pieces I have been missing since I was forced to go.

Our innocent, tongue-less kiss never turned fierce, never anything but pure love and the loss of the hardships that had plagued us for ever so long. Even when we had been in love in the Gray City, I had never felt anything as real as this, there was no lust driving this, just passion for each other, not each other's bodies.

I heard avid applause and cheering from the door, Frank howled like the skittles werewolf we all know he is, we broke the perfect kiss, when we heard a chuckle from the back.

Ray was smiling, Ray was laughing.

I ran over and hugged him, as did all the guys; they obviously missed the old Ray. His scars would never heal, since no one should ever have to come home to such disappointment as he did, but he could finally get over the grief, somewhat. A baby step is better than no step.

We all laughed and talked and caught up, eventually leading to me, Gerard, and Bob being the only people left at 8:00 p.m. Bob looked at the clock, "Oh shit!" he said, rushing madly to, it seems, prepare for something.

"What's Bobert up to?" I asked.

"I have a date."

"Oooooooooo." Gerard made the sound that girls make when their friend has a crush, I giggled at that, he smiled in return.

"Bye!" Bob waved, hastening out of the door.

"You really think he had a date?" I asked curiously.

"We're not supposed to be open to the public yet, we haven't come back yet, for all our fans know, so, in all honesty, he better not. That's also why you should get home and write that article of yours. So that I can finally go to a Hot Topic!"

"Are you kicking me out?" He chuckled.

"I'm coming with."

He grabbed his jacket off of a hook on the door, and pretended to push me out; I laughed and let him "push" me out of his door.

"You walk too slow!" He said childishly and scooped me up in his arms and led me to his car.

"Um, Gerard..."

"Yes, milady?" He said jokingly,

"I live in the same apartment complex as you."

"How the fuck did I not know that?"

"You're too cute to be smart." I said adoringly.

We walked to my apartment, without any bodily lifting involved. And I found my CD player still playing "Throwing My Arms Around Paris," Gerard listened and ignored me as I tried to be a nice hostess.

"Is this a new Morrissey song?" He inquired, can't keep him away from music for long, can I?

"New single, yeah, do ya' want anything to drink or eat or, I dunno, wanna look through new music while I work on this article..." He ceased the flow of babble from my mouth by the method of his sweet lips on mine, works for me.

I turn off the music and we continue kissing.

TWO HOURS LATER

Gerard and I were listening to music, I was typing furiously on my laptop, and, little did I know, Gee was staring at me, transfixed by my swiftly moving eyes on the computer screen. Nothing had happened of the beautiful kiss.

Gerard came and wrapped his arms around my shoulders, kissing the top of my head lovingly, "You should get some sleep."

"Or I shouldn't."

"That can be arranged." I laughed, slapping his arm playfully. He continued hugging me as I went to the sink to wash out my coffee cup.

"I'm tired." He said meekly into my shoulder.

"Then go to bed, simple as that."

"Only if you come with me." He whined on the "e" making it even more adorable. He kissed my neck, I gave in easily.

No, we didn't have sex; we lay in the same bed, happy to be together, in each others' arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was really happy, wasn't it? Meh.

Major Props to: When_They_Rifle_In (previously GeeWay32) Plauge Rat, and MCRfreak46

Please read my short story: "Graveyard of the Nameless"

And my other story: "Christmas Time Is... Dead?"

Bonne Nuit!